Author Topic: General question or suggestion about Ficedula  (Read 3675 times)

XTREEMMAK

General question or suggestion about Ficedula
« on: 2010-12-29 04:15:26 »
From what I understand, one reason why volume control of the tracks isn't there is because of the outdated Direct X5 controls the game was built on (or something). How about (though tedious), giving the user the ability to play, stop, and adjust the volume via configured keys. In my head, I already know where some of these volume keys are supposed to go, and I have a feeling the program knows what tracks to play where and when, just not always where to start. Take for instance the Neibilheim scene. After Seph walks off, version 2 of the track is supposed to play but it doesn't. I have a feeling that it's already cued up, but there's just no way to press play.

Don't know if the guy who makes this awesome plugin is still working on this, but that might be a great solution until he can find a way to emulate or read the volume controls ingame.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: General question or suggestion about Ficedula
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-29 09:36:57 »
Volume keys would be quite difficult to implement. Not to mention, Ficedula hasn't released a new version of FF7Music in years, and rarely even logs in here anymore.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-29 14:52:03 »
Ficedula is also a woman.

I do agree on the general principle that we need a driver that does for sound what Aali's does for graphics.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-29 17:11:10 »
We need a new ff7music... or at least a major update.  That said, I can't do it. :P  :evil:  Maybe aali could implement something with his driver one day...  after he has finished with 100000  other things.  ;D

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-30 16:08:49 »
Dziugo also had much knowledge in this field from working on the ff7voice app.

If the demand for a new ff7music is strong enough, I'm sure he or others could be convinced to take a look at it ...

« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-16 12:45:10 »
Ficedula is also a woman.
Is not, (I've seen IRL pictures) unless you're making some kind of joke that went over my head. ficedula is a bird, though. ;)

I don't have much helpful to add, unfortunately, although I would also be interested in something like this.