Author Topic: "Load" menu option possible?  (Read 6584 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
"Load" menu option possible?
« on: 2005-10-19 10:00:57 »
Among many of ff7's technical flaws, there's one insofar that the modding community has not yet addressed, which i would like to point out, and hopefully, someone can do something about it.

As per the title of this thread, I would like a "load" option in the menu.  Is it too much to ask that i shouldnt have to shut off and restart the game just to access a different save file?  Or has every other PC game ever made spoiled me? =P

Seriously, is this possible?  Is there an integral part of the engine which makes loading while the game is in progress impossible?  Had I the technical know-how, i'd attempt this myself.  Sadly, in the time it would take me to learn how to do this, ff7 will have been remade and ported =P

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-19 10:07:14 »
a good point, is there no way to make the quit option in the menu go to the title instead so you can either quit (ctrl-q) load or start a new game?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-19 10:08:14 »
Quote from: The Skillster
(...) to make the quit option in the menu go to the title instead so you can either quit (ctrl-q) load or start a new game?
Wow. Exactly my answer :P.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-19 10:16:53 »
At least there is a quit option, FF8 employs the popular ALT-F4 Combo to quit the game, although in the manual it says CTRL-Q works, but we all know it doesnt

Modem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-19 23:37:07 »
Is it honestly that bad not having a load option?  The PSX version doesn't, and it takes 10X the length of time it takes to reset and load the game on the PSX as it does to restart the PC version.  Could be worse... a DOS ff7, haha.  :)

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-20 06:31:38 »
Does it take that long? I thought you just press L1+L2+R1+R2+START+SELECT and it takes you back to the title screen?

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-10-20 07:16:23 »
if I remember right all you need to do is use alt + R to reset either final fantasy but I rarely got it to work so I think that was bugged as well... But hey atleast I did manage to get it to work :P

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-10-20 09:24:35 »
Quote from: Ace266
if I remember right all you need to do is use alt + R to reset either final fantasy but I rarely got it to work so I think that was bugged as well... But hey atleast I did manage to get it to work :P

Really?  I never knew of that :S

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-10-20 09:41:25 »
I'LL Double check that because I do believe I read that in the FF7 PC manual some where and I currently don't have access to it so i'll tell you guys for sure monday.

I could be mistaken about it being alt + R, it might be ctrl + R instead its just been too long since I looked this stuff up  :-?

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-10-24 04:01:41 »
ok, i checked the manual but didn't notice any instructions for resetting  :(  
I guess I must have read it in the FF8 manual  :-?  

awell heres a tip: if you want to reset try suiciding :wicked:  during a battle, then you'll get a GAME OVER and be back at the loading screen  :)

vidiot

« Reply #10 on: 2005-10-24 05:01:10 »
I would also like a mod that would allow you to load without going back to the menu.

I would also like an in-battle PHS.

Oh, and a million dollars.

No, seriously a mod like this would be very convenient.

Creative Inc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-10-24 11:10:39 »
Quote from: The Skillster
At least there is a quit option, FF8 employs the popular ALT-F4 Combo to quit the game, although in the manual it says CTRL-Q works, but we all know it doesnt

For FF8 The Crtl-Q will quit if you hold it for a few seconds. It takes a moment to actually do anything. As for resetting, Ctrl-R will reset if you also hold it for a few seconds.