Author Topic: [FF7 PC 98/Steam] Tetsuya Nomura Alternate Artwork Avatar Pack  (Read 40016 times)

wictoriously

• View Profile
Tetsuya Nomura Alternate Artwork Avatar Pack
by Wictoriously

---
Hello, all! This is my first FF7 mod I created for myself and I thought maybe some other people would be interested in using it!
This mod features alternate artwork done by Tetsuya Nomura himself from FF7 G-Bike, Crisis Core, Opera Omnia, and Ehrgeiz (with the exception of Red XIII & Aerith, who is a photoshop Frankenstein creation).

Credit for Aerith's body goes to benteja @ deviantart.

Download Here
« Last Edit: 2022-01-21 23:09:38 by wictoriously »

clerafel

• View Profile
how install?

wictoriously

• View Profile
To install it, you must do one of the following:

1. Have a converted game with Reunion R06 and place the folder I have created into the appropriate CUSTOM folder (you must have this set up in the Reunion options).
2. Have a converted game and/or 1998 copy of the game with the data unpacked and setup for texture/model replacements.
3. If you have 7th Heaven installed, you can use the included tool to pack my folder up as a .iro and put it into the 7th Heaven Mods folder. Make sure it's in the correct order to work.

If you want to learn how to do these, please search for help on the forum. There are plenty of tutorials on how to use texture replacements.

Reiletuag

• View Profile
Hello, thank you for your work, they're beautiful.
I made for my use an alternative version with transparency and a frame.

Here is the link for those interested :
https://mega.nz/#!K5ZTxICS!WCJMBwK-6O5_iJ7xfW-4Z6oi7uziVPYqPgeHV0kYuRw

PS: As this is your work, I can remove the link if you request it.

Salk

• View Profile
I like both of these.

Good job!

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Here is the link for those interested :
-snip-

PS: As this is your work, I can remove the link if you request it.
The usual way of going about things is to ask first, link second ;)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Nice work wictoriously!
« Last Edit: 2020-02-23 20:35:25 by Kuraudo. »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 15:56:19 by dkma841 »

Mijin

• View Profile
3. If you have 7th Heaven installed, you can use the included tool to pack my folder up as a .iro and put it into the 7th Heaven Mods folder. Make sure it's in the correct order to work.

If you want to learn how to do these, please search for help on the forum. There are plenty of tutorials on how to use texture replacements.

I can't find a single guide on here on how to do it, I'm you're correct in your belief that they exist, however, searching "how to use texture replacements" isn't yielding the correct results unless I'm overlooking it. I spent about thirty minutes searching.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-13 23:47:44 by Mijin »

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
BEAUTIFUL

Apoly

• View Profile
well done, thanks for sharing!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
There is an issue with Reiletuag version. Basically while buying in the materia shop etc. The animation will affect badly the avatars. Plus some pictures are lower in quality (per example Aerith, Barret, Red.)

This is not happening with wictoriously version which is perfect as it is.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 13:07:17 by Kuraudo. »

Salk

• View Profile
I love this avatar pack!

I'd personally use Reiletuag's transparent version but it seems like it has some issues, according to what Kurado says. Hopefully the problem can be fixed.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 15:54:42 by dkma841 »

stabber

• View Profile
Would be nice to have wictoriously's version with transparent background

Thanks for the mod!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 16:35:27 by stabber »

cjmstate

• View Profile
I can't find a single guide on here on how to do it, I'm you're correct in your belief that they exist, however, searching "how to use texture replacements" isn't yielding the correct results unless I'm overlooking it. I spent about thirty minutes searching.

Can someone explain it to the rest of us? Do we just use the pack tool on the Wictor folder?

EDIT: Figured it out. In your FF7 game directory, you need a folder called "Mods". You then need a "Textures" folder inside that. Lastly, place the "Menu" folder for this mod into the Textures folder.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28 15:17:35 by cjmstate »

Vartan182

• View Profile
I installed 7th heaven and downloaded this awesome pack of avatar. However, I can't install them 'cause after I copy in my ff7 directory, the game doesn't read it. Is there a way to turn this pack in .ico and load them on 7th heaven? Can someone please explain me how to do that?

Barachiel

• View Profile
I've generated an IRO of this mod, but am brand new here and am unsure of the etiquette in just posting a link to it. 

EDIT:  I made my version transparent without borders.  So far it doesn't seem to have the issue reported with Reiletuag's.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 23:53:36 by Barachiel »

dustbreak

• View Profile
I've generated an IRO of this mod, but am brand new here and am unsure of the etiquette in just posting a link to it. 

EDIT:  I made my version transparent without borders.  So far it doesn't seem to have the issue reported with Reiletuag's.

Mind uploading or PM-ing me the file?

FeelingBlue

• View Profile

Can you help me?
I believe I was able to successfully create the .iro file and load it with 7th heaven. But i can't make the new textures appear in my game.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
These avatars are already included w/ the 7th Heaven catalog. Download the Qhimm Modding Community "User Interface" mod. You will find these as an option in the Configure Mod window.

FeelingBlue

• View Profile
Thanks, unab0mb. now I could make it work!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Btw just want to mention that the Aerith's one is not an official artwork, see here: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1350122202956398595

However, even if this Aerith is fan-made it's very close to Nomura's style based off on the last FF7 Crisis Core.

wictoriously

• View Profile
Btw just want to mention that the Aerith's one is not an official artwork, see here: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1350122202956398595

However, even if this Aerith is fan-made it's very close to Nomura's style based off on the last FF7 Crisis Core.

The Aerith portrait is a photoshop of my making. I sort of pasted Crisis Core artwork over someone's deviant art body (the majority of the finished portrait is the Crisis Core head so I didn't feel right crediting the artist when I'd barely used their actual art and mutilated it for my own use... felt like it was kind of insulting? Maybe a bad call on my part, sorry benteja).

The deviant art piece unedited is by benteja (https://www.deviantart.com/benteja/art/Dissidia-Aerith-Gainsborough-348720262). The Crisis Core head I used as a basis for my photoshop is this one (sorry I don't have a better source) https://yande.re/post/show/27801. I actually drew some stuff myself to make it more consistent with the G-bike portraits I used (changed her lips and nose).

I never expected so many people to use this mod and now I feel bad because I caught wind of people confused about the Aerith portrait on Twitter of all things (years later!) and I guess it really is a small world. Anyway, thank you for choosing this portrait pack and also thanks to the many people who made modified versions and added it to the mod manager.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-21 23:06:42 by wictoriously »

Reiletuag

• View Profile
Hello, with the release of the 60 Fps mod, I took the opportunity to rework my alternative version.

Changes :
- Rectangular and thinner frames for a better coherence with the modern UI.
- No resizing of the original work of Wictoriously, just a slight cut because of the frame.
- The background is no longer 100% transparent but a white with 10% opacity, to create a slight contrast with the menu.
- Better cutting of portraits outlines.
- New Chocobo avatar (vanilla), for more homogeneity.
- I applied on some portraits a slight noise reduction and adjusted the colorimetry (more by personal taste than by necessity).

The archive contains files in PNG and DDS formats.
-> See page 2
« Last Edit: 2022-02-09 06:44:57 by Reiletuag »