Author Topic: .  (Read 19322 times)

reficul

• View Profile
Re: FFVII on IOS Appstore
« Reply #25 on: 2015-08-24 04:19:17 »
As xeeynamo said, this app is the "emulated" steam version. After jailbreaking the device, I found the "ff7 1.02" folder inside the app's folder using ifunbox, which had all the contents from pc version. I imported the files from the mod(char.lgp and flevel.lgp, yes, these replaced the original files as well).
Started the game and the mod worked just like playing it on pc, albeit the bad framerate (I guess ios doesn't support opengl so well). Tested on my jailbroken ipad air 2, so i think your iphone 6 should get the same result  :D
Btw, English isn't my native language so please pardon me if you find it bad  :(
Screenshots coming soon...
« Last Edit: 2015-08-24 04:24:42 by reficul »

reficul

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-08-24 04:44:20 »
Some screenshots:

Since postimg sucks and barely even loads half the time, I rehosted all your images to imgur, which is a much more reliable host and I highly recommend it. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2015-08-24 16:58:02 by Covarr »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2015-08-24 15:12:16 »
Did you transfer every file over or just the lgps?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #28 on: 2015-08-24 21:19:26 »
No, Apple had a limit of 2gb on the app store, they bumped it up to 4gb earlier in the year.

Curiously though the app store says it's not even 2gb. Has anyone bought it yet?
The full PC game is somewhere around 1.2G in size. Easily accessible in the store.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-08-25 20:17:55 »
That was their official reasoning years ago. I was quite surprised that it only came out to 1.85gb, so I don't know why they used that excuse.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2015-09-12 20:32:31 »
Can someone plz test the yuffie warp i asked about earlier ? Just need to save in front of the small forest in rocket town area where yuffie appears almost 100%.  Then go in the nibelmountains and suicide, after that reload the save and defeat the Yuffie. If the game is bugged you will not get transferred to the field where you recruit yuffie but into the nibel mountains where you previously died.

Im really curious if its in because of the upcoming ps4 port.

Pooka

• Rufus Shinra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2015-09-23 13:56:20 »
From the screenshots, it looks like this isn't the usual Square Enix redo for mobile, which became at its best by the time Final Fantasy VI hit Android. For instance, instead of controls optimized to take advantage of the touch screen to great lengths (see FFVI Android in battle), a sort of PSX emulator controller overlay takes place instead. And instead of the controls adapting to the situation at hand (hiding in cutscenes, world map buttons when not in battle, battle controls when in battle), they're always up and available, even during cutscenes.

I'm afraid this could be the case for the Android release of FF8, with the controls not optimized for touch a la FF6. I'm not asking for new graphics or a whole remake. Just changing the controls to something that goes along with the quality of FF mobile ports so far.

NeuroticNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2015-10-01 22:21:04 »
Has anyone been able to find out where they store the save files. I tried going to the same save folder but those are using saves that I'm guessing have to do with the max stats cheats because there are like 10 save slots of various characters all maxed at 99. I can't seem to find where they host my icloud save file either which is what I'm looking for.