Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4879685 times)

Purazis

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4350 on: 2016-10-21 15:18:18 »
Actually had the same problem. Didn't poison it either. If i recall correctly, even if you don't take any action, it'll softlock when it tries to take its second action. While we're at it, you can still skip the Reno, Rude and Elena fight during Midgar raid, not sure if it was supposed to be fixed or simply can't be fixed (ironically the guy who reported it in the past also thought it was intentional).

Bahamut-ZERO, Phoenix, and W-Magic came as mastered and it doesn't get AP like Underwater. Mime is 2 stars with 100k AP to master.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-21 15:23:48 by Purazis »

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: 2016-10-21 17:16:24 »
Hello!
I think some of the lvl 4 limits sidequests are not working... I got Vincent's and caith sith but even with the "where is the thing" requirements I can't get Yuffie's and Red XIII.

Spoiler: show
I received the seraph comb and the key from Bugenhagen but the key doesn't appear in inventory and the door to the cave doesn't open.

I have the item needed for Yuffie's Limit, but  her father keeps saying something like "Go with them... and take their materia!"

Ps.: I'm at disc 3.
I'm sorry if it was my mistake, and, if this is the case, I ask for help in how to get those limits  :)

Thanks in advance!

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: 2016-10-21 17:37:31 »
I had the same issue, so I guess you didn't visit the bottom of the crater either. The sidequests are activated right before you go for the final rush. :-P

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: 2016-10-21 18:01:25 »
Thanks Spotty!

So I just need to reach the "point of no return" and the teleporter npc will be there I believe... Ok  :-) gonna try that!
I thought it was some sort of bug because I got Vincent's 4th Limit and Ultima was roaming the sky (already defeated him).

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: 2016-10-21 18:29:08 »
Hello!
I think some of the lvl 4 limits sidequests are not working... I got Vincent's and caith sith but even with the "where is the thing" requirements I can't get Yuffie's and Red XIII.

Spoiler: show
I received the seraph comb and the key from Bugenhagen but the key doesn't appear in inventory and the door to the cave doesn't open.

I have the item needed for Yuffie's Limit, but  her father keeps saying something like "Go with them... and take their materia!"

Ps.: I'm at disc 3.
I'm sorry if it was my mistake, and, if this is the case, I ask for help in how to get those limits  :)

Thanks in advance!

Besides what the other lad said, Yuffie's Limit is in her dad's house (where you can rest), in the final room at the end of the corridor, not the Pagoda.

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: 2016-10-21 18:52:21 »
Thank you Purazis!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: 2016-10-22 17:33:16 »
Added a flevel fix for that Hojo fight on the save point. At some stage, I'm going to set the Lv.4 Limit stuff so that it triggers on Disc 3 instead of needing to go down to the bottom of the Crater (it was because I was unsure of what the Game Moment was for that point at the time).

I'll look at Sand Worm again and repair the soft-lock.

It's mainly for web programming at first, but you can use it for whatever you want to host I guess.

And if you don't want to bother too much making / hosting a website for your mod I guess it's the best solution to use.

You can use git, and you'll have a trace of what you worked on (thanks to your commits), and the repo / zip file will be on Github and not Mediafire anymore.

Anyway it's just a thought, I'm a developper myself (for the web) and putting myself in your place, I would feel it's kinda complicated to see / answers / manage all those messages in the forum and communicate on your changes.

-----------------------------

Btw it's some kind of request but I would like to see more interactions (by that I mean dialogs) with your team members when you arrive to a village / city, like in Kalm or Junon. I think your idea was very interesting, and it reminded me of Star Ocean 2 where you could talk (and eventually date) your party members.

I guess it's not your top priority, but if one day you are willing to work on that, it would be interesting  :)

Getting that feature in has been on the backburner for a long time; I want every town to have it. Only Kalm, Junon, and I think Wall Market have it so far but eventually it'll be every location.

ScottHighwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: 2016-10-23 07:25:36 »
Just out of curiosity how do I get Tifa's level 4 limit since the league doesn't exist now?

Rabagast

• View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: 2016-10-23 08:48:36 »
My game crashes at the beginning of a specific battle on the Mako Cannon. It's only this battle. All other battles on the same screen work fine. This is what the opening of the battle looks like, as well as the error:

I have the newest hotfixes installed.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: 2016-10-23 13:18:41 »
That'll be a missing enemy ID or model; I'll have a look through them.

Edit: Found it, http://www.mediafire.com/file/44313imfia2q36n/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_23rd_October_2016.zip
« Last Edit: 2016-10-23 13:24:24 by Sega Chief »

none

• View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: 2016-10-23 19:21:45 »
First of all I want to say BIG THANKS for this MOD. It is really really funny mod.

But... I have a problem when I finish Corneo's Mansion, I can't follow the game because when the three chapters must fall in the trap (Aeris, Tifa and Cloud) just fall Aeris and Tifa, Cloud doesn't fall on the sewer and the fight wit boss 3 can't start! . I repeat for 3 times pass this moment but I couldnt.....

Somebody can help me? Thanks a lot!

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: 2016-10-23 21:37:42 »
First of all I want to say BIG THANKS for this MOD. It is really really funny mod.

But... I have a problem when I finish Corneo's Mansion, I can't follow the game because when the three chapters must fall in the trap (Aeris, Tifa and Cloud) just fall Aeris and Tifa, Cloud doesn't fall on the sewer and the fight wit boss 3 can't start! . I repeat for 3 times pass this moment but I couldnt.....

Download the latest installer and install over (nothing will happen to your saves). This was already fixed 1 week ago or something like that. If it's happening in the newest version, then report on this thread once again.

shadkats

• View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: 2016-10-24 05:47:11 »

What Purazis said. I was having this issue a few days and it was fixed with a patch.

none

• View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: 2016-10-24 12:47:20 »
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the last patch of this mod: V 1.4 In fact, I downloaded it yesterday morning... Do I need to reinstall it?

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: 2016-10-24 17:35:21 »
NT is kept up-to-date with accompanying hotfix patches, which can be found on the front page of this thread. These patches are applied in the same way as the main installer.

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4365 on: 2016-10-24 18:19:13 »
Is there any bug related to Ziegfried ? I've gone literally through 20+ encounters and nothing. Maybe the game is mixing up the data from a different playthrough so it thinks i've already fought him on the new save file ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: 2016-10-24 19:34:12 »
I'm not sure; I found that the yuffie encounter has triggers to turn it on/off at certain points which can cause it to become inaccessible. I removed the ones I found, but maybe there's more lurking about? When did you start looking for him, Junon Area or later on?

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: 2016-10-24 19:42:19 »
I fought a few encounters just after Mythril Cave and then 20+ after the Bronco. I think the Encounters OFF messed up with the Ziegfried encounter, because i was getting world map encounters with encounters deactivated and then i stopped getting them after going to progress the game, which made me remember i had turned it off when i was playing before. I'll check it out another time after i finish Cave of the Gi. Just to be confirm, is it supposed to be the 1st encounter or just RNG ? Because i'm 99% sure that i got on the 1st encounter during my 1st playthrough.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-24 19:45:39 by Purazis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: 2016-10-24 20:04:25 »
It's RNG; world map encounters depend on the in-game timer and some other elements. But the formations that handle Mystery Ninja are activated/deactivated based on a variable that is turned off at certain points in the game before reactivating again; but there's a handler for them to check if Yuffie was recruited which means it can be left off due to her mandatory recruitment at an earlier point.

My plan is to do another check of the script for stuff like this and to add a fail-safe that triggers somewhere, maybe in Battle Square (I've got a spare NPC I can use).

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: 2016-10-25 18:55:55 »
Yeah, it seems i dun goofed, tried at different plot times, but nothing. Should've try to get the encounter at the 1st opportunity i had access to the forest. Maybe i had Yuffie on my party while looking for the encounter, so it locked me out of it.

Anyway, few questions:

- Does the items from the blacksmith change based on plot progressin / disc / RNG ? I swear i got a Tifa and Vincent weapon before then now i got Gold Armlet / Heavy Ring.
- Can you date Cid (he denied me) ? Does the affection system affects if you get a weapon or not for your date pick ?

Random things:
- Revive gets your ally to 25% instead of 50% if used on menu
- Goblin Punch can't hit long range (not sure if intentional), same for long range weapons (not sure if it's just a shorter way of saying that it has no back row attack damage penalty)
- Limit Breaks are always non-elemental, regardless of elemental equipped, which makes damage LBs lackluster or straight up inferior to attack / deathblow (on a character/enemy that you probably won't miss)
- That feel when Zolom flushes your ass because your average party level is below 40 and you have no dank Alpha for Temple of the Ancients. Seems too high for no reason, maybe could be 35 so you can get it at a reasonable time even if you don't fight a lot of random battles.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: 2016-10-25 23:28:55 »
Yeah, it seems i dun goofed, tried at different plot times, but nothing. Should've try to get the encounter at the 1st opportunity i had access to the forest. Maybe i had Yuffie on my party while looking for the encounter, so it locked me out of it.

Anyway, few questions:

- Does the items from the blacksmith change based on plot progressin / disc / RNG ? I swear i got a Tifa and Vincent weapon before then now i got Gold Armlet / Heavy Ring.
- Can you date Cid (he denied me) ? Does the affection system affects if you get a weapon or not for your date pick ?

Random things:
- Revive gets your ally to 25% instead of 50% if used on menu
- Goblin Punch can't hit long range (not sure if intentional), same for long range weapons (not sure if it's just a shorter way of saying that it has no back row attack damage penalty)
- Limit Breaks are always non-elemental, regardless of elemental equipped, which makes damage LBs lackluster or straight up inferior to attack / deathblow (on a character/enemy that you probably won't miss)
- That feel when Zolom flushes your ass because your average party level is below 40 and you have no dank Alpha for Temple of the Ancients. Seems too high for no reason, maybe could be 35 so you can get it at a reasonable time even if you don't fight a lot of random battles.

The weapons were changed to Armour so that they didn't put Tifa ahead of the other characters by that early point of the game; Gold Armlet buffs strength while Heavy Ring is great for the Gi Nattak fight. There is also no Cid date, just a quick joke to get people's hopes up :p

Menu effects are handled differently than in-battle ones; they seem to be stored in the kernel (this is why Potions heal 100HP in menus).

Goblin Punch I think is set to be short-range, even if long-range weapons are equipped.

Limits are all handled in the .EXE; they have their own damage formulas, flags, etc. and so don't take into account the elemental attached to a weapon. I found that Limits typically out-damaged a normal physical attack, but if I'm going to make 2x-Cut and Added Cut available sooner then this is something I'll need to consider.

I found that the Zolom still had a level check script in it's general counter; I've changed this to Lv.30, you madman.

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: 2016-10-25 23:55:47 »
Doesn't the blacksmith only shows up after you get the Bronco, though ? Then again i just realized that you can probably skip Cosmo Canyon entirely without repercussion since the Buggy doesn't break up anymore. That said, if you go to the blacksmith right after getting the buggy (and the ore), he won't be there, which makes things awkward for new players in case he now shows up before the Bronco (i'd guess you have to visit Gongaga or kill one or both the bosses there), same for skipping Cosmo Canyon if it's possible, as most players will probably do it because they know it's the proper order.

Are long-range weapons supposed to be actual long range or just not have back row penalty ? When i went to fight the not-Illuyankas on Dark Cave they weren't hitting him, and i found strange because there is one for Red XIII in Wutai.

EDIT: Aeris' Seal Evil can paralyze the two 8 eyes enemy that protects the Megaelixir while other methods of paralyze won't work. Not sure if intentional.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-26 01:33:15 by Purazis »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: 2016-10-26 00:50:28 »
Adjustments to damage reduction would be coming from the .exe; I guess that's the next thing to get done. In an .exe patch, the following changes would be made:

-) Enemy physical attacks can be long-range (projectile attacks like machine guns).
-) Limit Break effects adjusted; some minor, like Braver having it's base damage swapped with Cross Slash, and some major like Cosmo Memory being turned into an ally-buffing effect.
-) Materia has more pronounced equip bonuses/penalties (but not for HP/MP, that crippled this feature last time).

I love the idea of enemies having Long Range. As for the other two, Yeah nothing really big needs to change there and the Health and MP numbers are pretty much spot on in my view so I agree fully that no change there is right.

Resist has the drawback of being expensive to cast and preventing beneficial statuses.

Reading a little down though the page, it seems I'm in the minority on this one. I'm not too bothered by this one really, but I figured it was something to think about.

Morphing has been a big problem with enemies going past 30,000HP which is why it's being dropped as the method for acquiring end-game weapons. Stealing isn't easy either due to the level difference but I'm thinking that a Sneak Glove will sort that right out. So if one weapon is a common drop, and the other is a steal, that should work out.

I'm thinking of having Disc 1 bosses be Morphable, right up until Jenova LIFE who I think has 30,000HP. As far as weapons that ignore the Morph damage penalty go, I was told that Ancient weapons like Nail Bat do this but I can't remember if they did or not when I tried it.

Oh thank deity! Any change here I will fully welcome and support!

I'm OK with Cover, it's already had its proc chance adjusted.

Fair enough, agree to disagree on this one.

The thing with Hojo is that it comes at the end where you've already had a boss fight with Diamond Weapon, the Turks, and Proud Clod within the span of an hour or so. All these fights are 'big' fights, but they can't be left as long ones simply because they're too close together. Hojo itself is also three encounters rolled into one. The downtunes to HP that have been put in so far for these fights are more like quick fixes than actual changes. The randoms in Disc 2 also need to be made faster.

Oh for sure, I was saying it in general terms. For that part specifically though I don't think a down tuning of health is all that imperative. The end of Disc 2 is a pretty significant event.

I'll get these sorted out; I need to patch the flevel anyway for this surprise Hojo fight on a save point  :-X

Surprise Hojo fight?

Latest crop of bugs are fixed, except when I checked Bahamut-ZERO, Phoenix, and W-Magic these have the correct AP needed to drop as mastered (16777215 to be exact). When you all picked these up, were they mastered or were they like Underwater Materia and able to accrue AP?

I already had them in my inventory. Maybe they reverted on my installation somehow? Not sure.

Edit: Scene patch is up, it reduces the total HP of Diamond Weapon through to Hojo; his third form now has the highest base HP of this section at 100,000. Diamond and Proud had about 100k taken off them and they now sit in the 80k range; this was due to the proximity of all the boss fights throughout this segment. Midgar Raid enemies have also dropped down a fair bit of HP; this is going to be finalised once I've worked through all the enemies from the start of Disc 2.

Once I go through the mod again, I'll be sure to give my thoughts on this.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: 2016-10-26 16:39:33 »
Doesn't the blacksmith only shows up after you get the Bronco, though ? Then again i just realized that you can probably skip Cosmo Canyon entirely without repercussion since the Buggy doesn't break up anymore. That said, if you go to the blacksmith right after getting the buggy (and the ore), he won't be there, which makes things awkward for new players in case he now shows up before the Bronco (i'd guess you have to visit Gongaga or kill one or both the bosses there), same for skipping Cosmo Canyon if it's possible, as most players will probably do it because they know it's the proper order.

Are long-range weapons supposed to be actual long range or just not have back row penalty ? When i went to fight the not-Illuyankas on Dark Cave they weren't hitting him, and i found strange because there is one for Red XIII in Wutai.

EDIT: Aeris' Seal Evil can paralyze the two 8 eyes enemy that protects the Megaelixir while other methods of paralyze won't work. Not sure if intentional.

You're right actually, he doesn't appear until after the Bronco is acquired. I forgot about that; I'll either change what he gives or script it so that he appears earlier. As for Jormun, Long-range weapons should be able to hit him, just like Bottomswell. I'll double-check his formation data to see what's going on there. And Seal Evil inflicts Stop rather than Paralysis so it works on the 8-Eyes.

Once I go through the mod again, I'll be sure to give my thoughts on this.

While it is a significant event, there's still too many bosses crammed together with 100k+ more HP than the ones that went before. They still have slightly more HP than previous bosses just not to such a high degree (and the randoms are having their HP tuned as well; I think their HP scaling got too far ahead of damage output).

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: 2016-10-27 04:01:45 »
Always playing with Tifa instead of juggling characters to learn their limits and always playing with a EXP materia on her, the physical attacks now feels really good compared to my 1st playthrough. The new SP probably helps significatively as i'm at 6/8 on Cloud and Tifa on Gaea's Cliff (before Phrenia, others are at 3/8 or 4/8) compared to 5/8 Cloud at Northern Cave. Got Cid at level 33 and he was as garbage as i remembered physical characters being, but after getting levels on him and a few SP ranks he became pretty decent. Tifa, always my highest, was always -2 to +2 levels far away from bosses and usually -1 to +1 against major ones (too bad only got lucky at being the same level against Powersoul Keeper), so it's not like she is overleveled, using boss levels as a parameter, anyway. The weapon from the Gold Saucer date also probably gave that extra oomph from that point up to Icicle Inn, i remember being disappointed on my 1st playthrough because i picked Yuffie but i ditched her and her pretty strong weapon at the time because she had already got Limit lv. 3.

I retract from my previous position about physical damage.