Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 501086 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #400 on: 2014-08-27 02:13:52 »
Maybe it has worked for them like my dirty fix with adding the light shader to them. Anyway the models are fixed and a bunch of new are done as well.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2014-09-19 19:29:05 »
Sorry guys, I can't work on the models currently because the power adapter for my notebook is broken (again  :'(). But I did made a back up of my work folder. I hope I can make my desktop PC ready next week so I have can clean the models I have done already. But I doubt that I'm able to work on other models until I got a new adapter next month.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2014-09-20 05:29:34 »
Aw... We're all eagerly waiting for your next releases! Thanks for keeping us updated!  ;)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2014-10-07 17:34:15 »
I prepare the next release. So far I made seven new models and altered five existing models namely Rufus and Reno (plus my nemesis Cloud  :evil:)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2014-10-09 05:54:52 »
Ok I wont release the next update yet. The reason: I want to do more models until X-mas and because of a special request.
But I do release the models I have done as a small update here. ;)

The next release will finally be hosted on the Nexus page, which will require a login for the download. But it is a good place to provide a mod because they have fast servers and now a security system, also the link wont get be outdated so easily as if I upload it on a file share page. I can also present screen shots in a better way and the other bonus is that I hopefully attract interested moders from other games.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2014-10-09 08:40:46 »
Will the new models be part of the upcoming version 2 of Reunion?  :)

I am very curious about the special request...  ;D

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2014-10-09 15:26:20 »
Ok I wont release the next update yet. The reason: I want to do more models until X-mas and because of a special request.
Thank you for that  ;D
It's nothing really "top secret". But long story short: it's for being able to make a nice little complete package with the set of my field scenes which should be done around the end of the year.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2014-10-11 14:21:10 »
Will the new models be part of the upcoming version 2 of Reunion?  :)

It's up to Dan, but I'm pretty sure he will use them. Reminds me to check the main characters for the temple scene.

I actually wanted to redo all left models in Kalm, but the five models I have to do are nearly the same. I'm not sure how much time I have for this at all, but until the 25 of December it should be more as enough time. Maybe it's enough so I can do some more.  ;)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2014-10-12 05:10:09 »
When you put it like that Mayo Master, after seeing what you've done, my first instinct is to say a completely overhauled Midgar :p. However, that seems somewhat ridiculous... Because of all the work you'd have to do in such a short time D:. Unless, I've missed a lot of scenes... But, I feel like my guess is the wrong ball park ;).

Anyways, awesome work ^^.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2014-10-12 06:00:57 »
When you put it like that Mayo Master, after seeing what you've done, my first instinct is to say a completely overhauled Midgar :p. However, that seems somewhat ridiculous... Because of all the work you'd have to do in such a short time D:. Unless, I've missed a lot of scenes... But, I feel like my guess is the wrong ball park ;).

Anyways, awesome work ^^.
We would aim to complete the "small" section I made, which is half of the Sector 5 (ie: Sector 5 slums markets and relevant shops, plus the environments relevant to Aerith's house). It's a total of 11 scenes (although one of them is almost a re-render from another camera). I should be able to finish these fields around the end of the year. These "mere" 11 scenes were a lot of work, a complete Midgar overhaul is way beyond the current objectives (certainly not a task for me to handle on my own).

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2014-10-25 17:19:50 »
Darn, these are amazing.  xD  I love the work you've done on these. Now to test them =w=.

Edit: Now Reno looks like he's in some sort of Dancing pose. xD Did I do something wrong? I went to the Gongaga area, and saw him in a weird position similar to Vincent's pose at the Funeral of Aerith. Is this how it is or did I mess up something with the files?
« Last Edit: 2014-10-25 22:03:20 by Sora123masta »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2014-10-26 10:43:34 »
Darn, these are amazing.  xD  I love the work you've done on these. Now to test them =w=.

Edit: Now Reno looks like he's in some sort of Dancing pose. xD Did I do something wrong? I went to the Gongaga area, and saw him in a weird position similar to Vincent's pose at the Funeral of Aerith. Is this how it is or did I mess up something with the files?

I have to check the default animation for all his models. He has two different skeletons so I have to unify the animations to use one animation only.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2014-10-26 13:09:51 »
There is another thing too. Take a look at the older cloud Revision, I think that's your work. The APZ tweak. You might have to take a look at the Buster sword model in battle, check the angle of it because when I looked at it, it's angled weird. I'll try to get a snapshot of it when I can but definitely look into it.

The blade looks turned to the left when the camera pan is facing cloud in battle. When he swings it looks like he's swinging it diagonally when the blade is turned a bit more and the Omnislash special has the blade turned.   Just giving the info where it should be. It's not a big issue but something that can be fixed, if I could do it, i'd do it myself but I am so busy with school, I don't want to ruin the model by mistake during multi task.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2014-11-03 11:26:56 »
There is another thing too. Take a look at the older cloud Revision, I think that's your work. The APZ tweak. You might have to take a look at the Buster sword model in battle, check the angle of it because when I looked at it, it's angled weird. I'll try to get a snapshot of it when I can but definitely look into it.

Sorry but I don't have time for other models and I believe I don't have this version any more.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2014-11-03 12:09:34 »
Ah, well i've dropped that part and started using your models. They're very detailed and kept in original concept as opposed to the break in other models by others. xD The Sephiroth model got me in love the moment I got to the first part seeing him in Cloud's past.   I have a question, with your overhaul pack, what sort of future updates can be expected when you have the time to work on them? I assume more battle models for some supporting characters like Reno, Rude, Rufus and Sephiroth if they're worth working on.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2014-11-03 13:21:37 »
Well my plan for next year is to overhaul the main characters to match one style (no 3D mouth, it didn't looked so well) after that I start to create resources in Blender: heads, hairs, arms, bodies, legs, feet and accessories. If I do it right it should be easy to make more and new NPC, not only by me. ;)
It would be nice to have someone, who makes new HD textures for eyes and mouths.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2014-11-03 13:33:07 »
If I had the knowledge and the resources i'd help. I like the 3d mouths for the characters but I did say the original looked good.   It all looks great,  just can't express my thanks enough for the hard work you put in. <3

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2014-11-26 02:32:51 »
Could I run this package after doing a minimal install on Tifas Bootleg?
I've only installed Field / Terrain / Materia Textures with Gjoerulvs Hardcore mod.

And how would I install these?
Relatively new and if anyone would be up for helping me I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-26 04:34:06 by Robgatti »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2014-11-26 10:50:00 »
I haven't released Chaos official on the project page. You can get it from the 7th Heaven mod page:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Keep in mind this is similar to Bootleg, but works entirely different. The maintenance of the mods is much better with it and mods can directly be updated, so no waiting for a new 7th Heaven version is necessary. Maybe this will change in a future version of Bootleg but even though 7th H. has some features which make a few things possible, which aren't possible with the default lgp patching method.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #419 on: 2014-11-26 19:48:07 »
Let me know when you're ready for the model overhaul project. Personally I prefer 3d mouths and eyes though, it just depends on the subdivision level and texture detail. I'm having trouble with subdividing FF7 models in ZBrush, I think it's the number of Ngons. Parts of the model deteriorate and break into pieces. I think I have an idea to fix the issue though so I can bump up the geometry for HD polypainting. Once I get it working I'll send you an update so you can see what I'm thinking. Could work pretty well for your project if I can perfect the workflow.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #420 on: 2014-11-26 20:33:17 »
While we're on the subject of Chaos, are there any mod projects here that remodel Vincent's final limit break to look more like the one in Dirge of Cerberus?

Xpred

« Reply #421 on: 2014-12-08 05:08:41 »
Hey Kaldarasha,

I seem to have an issue with 7H. Two things: If I am using CHaOS, It appears my characters are stricted to only Kaldarasha models, and I cannot use any other models. In addition, the Field Models (materia, potions, save points) also cannot be used, but EQ2Alyza will probably make a patch on the program's end. The main issue is that my game freezes if I am using CHaOS and trying to play the bike minigame when Cloud leaves Shinra HQ. If I deactivate CHaOS in 7H, then the game will be fine (and the field models return again). Any suggestions?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2014-12-17 14:16:12 »
So I almost finished with the set of models, only the dog needs to be done.
I have made a new mesh for it:

Considering I made it out of my head, it's OK. There are a few things which aren't as I imagine it, but it's enough for FF7.
Now I only need to make a new eye texture for it and cut it into pieces.

The man in the pipe looks now a bit different as the chibi original. He has now blue eyes and a 'II' tattoo on the right arm.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2014-12-17 15:44:13 »
Thanks Kaldarasha, I'm happy to hear about your progress. The dog looks good, now it's a matter of seeing how it does when animated.
On my end, I'm trying to wrap up ealin_2, I've been slow because of clunky cloth simulations I needed for modelling the beds. Hopefully I should be able to finish it before Xmas.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2014-12-20 19:53:26 »
Keep up the good work man you're doing good in your time.