Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2429659 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1825 on: 2013-12-18 15:40:04 »
Try this out:
Neuer-Ordner.rar
Paste the content in your FF7 folder (where the exe is). If you use the MO you must move the MO-patch in to the Hext_in folder. Make sure that this line is in your FF7_opengl.cfg:

Code: [Select]
load_library = Multi.dll

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: 2013-12-18 20:21:25 »
Hey

can someone help me to install this tifa bootleg mod on my ff7 steam version please

thanks

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: 2013-12-19 21:38:51 »
Hey staff

when i tried to ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip from mediafire

it said file not found

can you fix it please

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1828 on: 2013-12-19 21:49:05 »
Hey staff

when i tried to ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip from mediafire

it said file not found

can you fix it please

There is no mediafire link to it from this guide. Use the links in STEP 8 to download it.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: 2013-12-19 22:59:49 »
Hey EQ2Alyza

where do i place the .exe files in the bootleg setup

thanks

Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: 2013-12-20 09:59:26 »
Try this out:
Neuer-Ordner.rar
Paste the content in your FF7 folder (where the exe is). If you use the MO you must move the MO-patch in to the Hext_in folder. Make sure that this line is in your FF7_opengl.cfg:

load_library = Multi.dll

That didn't work. The problem still remains.
Here a example of my problems:
http://imgur.com/a/nV6Xx

I used MO. Should I move the Mo.exe file form my bootleg folder to the Hext_in folder? I did it like that, because in the ff7 folder there was no mo.exe
« Last Edit: 2013-12-20 10:14:16 by Kobe »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2013-12-20 10:54:05 »
It's the kernel2.bin. It's not important for the MO, but for the retranlation project. If you have made a backup of the files you can easily restore the file.
You can also take a look here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13946.0
« Last Edit: 2013-12-20 11:17:42 by Kaldarasha »

Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2013-12-20 12:33:58 »
Thank you Kaldarasha!

That helped me to solve the language problems!

I installed the FFVII_German_Reworked_beta04.exe but changed my char.lgp and flevel.lgp to
the one which I had before (to remain my bootleg mod settings^^).

So now, I can play it finally in complete german! Thanks again  :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2013-12-20 18:16:54 »
Thank you Kaldarasha!

That helped me to solve the language problems!

I installed the FFVII_German_Reworked_beta04.exe but changed my char.lgp and flevel.lgp to
the one which I had before (to remain my bootleg mod settings^^).

So now, I can play it finally in complete german! Thanks again  :)

I want to be able to help others who may ask about German translations. So you used Kaldrasha's installer, but before so you backed up your char.lgp and flevel.lgp, then replaced them back after the installer finished?

Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2013-12-20 19:06:53 »
Yes, like you described it.
As mentioned in the "German FFVII Reworked BETA" thread (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13946.0)
the files char.lgp and flevel.lgp have changings for the models. I saw that because I had a setting in the bootleg, and
after the installation ot Reworked the models looked different.
When you replace the backuped files than you can play it with the settings of the bootleg + all in german (but here i have to add: it's
a new translation project)

I want to try to test it with original files to get the original (complete) german translation + Modding :) . Maybe tomorrow :P

Maybe I can send you a PM with further details if you want.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2013-12-20 20:22:45 »
Yes, that would be great. PM whenever you'd like.

I think the char.lgp and flevel.lgp have Kaldrasha's unshaded model project in it, which aren't included as a Bootleg option. The flevel.lgp specifically changes the size proportions of his models against the field backgrounds to match correctly. I personally think his work is the best for having a uniformed look to the game, but don't let thet persuade you from playing the way you like it  :)

duskplume

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2013-12-21 18:54:16 »
I managed to install it correctly (I think) but once I start the game I get past the main menu to start a new game, then I get one dialog box and then it just stays as a black screen forever

srvait

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2013-12-22 05:52:18 »
I am having the same issue as a previous person on Windows 7. I work in IT so I'm relatively sure I'm not doing something stupid.
I'm running it as admin, etc etc. Cleaned registry. Cleaned install from steam on another drive and not in a system folder. Installing on a different drive letter. CD is mounted on E. Bootleg located on another drive and not in a system folder. Even gave all permissions to these directories for all users just for good measure. Antivirus is disabled. Steam isn't open.

It gets stuck on the Building LGP files step, it gets to "Building char.lgp . . ." and that's it. It doesn't do anything else. It just... stops. I've repeated this process 3 times, and it always happens.

Bullets2Xchange

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2013-12-22 07:13:28 »
I had this working the other day with sound after the music patch ;D but now when ever i open bootloader, the command box opens up then the game starts to begin (stays on a black screen) but after that there is a beep and everything closes. Any ideas?

MoshMosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: 2013-12-22 12:36:10 »
I realize I am probably doing something right foolish, but I'm on Windows 7 and just got the Steam version, and while other people have issues with bootleg, I can't even get FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe to run! It just repeatedly tells me "Access Denied. Installation Aborted. Run this Program with Administrative Privalleges.", which I am doing. I have the blank iso mounted and I'm not in a system folder. Renaming a drive didn't work either. Rather frustrating, because after looking at all these mods I can't help but want to use them!

Is there something I could be doing wrong?

srvait

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2013-12-22 15:03:49 »
MoshMosh: Did you disable UAC? Did you right click on BFE.exe and go to compatibility and make it run as administrator? And Bootleg.exe too?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2013-12-22 16:20:43 »
I am having the same issue as a previous person on Windows 7. I work in IT so I'm relatively sure I'm not doing something stupid.
I'm running it as admin, etc etc. Cleaned registry. Cleaned install from steam on another drive and not in a system folder. Installing on a different drive letter. CD is mounted on E. Bootleg located on another drive and not in a system folder. Even gave all permissions to these directories for all users just for good measure. Antivirus is disabled. Steam isn't open.

It gets stuck on the Building LGP files step, it gets to "Building char.lgp . . ." and that's it. It doesn't do anything else. It just... stops. I've repeated this process 3 times, and it always happens.

How long are you waiting for it to build char.lgp? It's one of the biggest files in the game initially, and turns probably the biggest if you chose any of the character Field Models, Base Models (NPCs), and Battle Scenes as LGP options.

I had this working the other day with sound after the music patch ;D but now when ever i open bootloader, the command box opens up then the game starts to begin (stays on a black screen) but after that there is a beep and everything closes. Any ideas?

Post your APP.LOG after it happens. Use code tags please --- [ code] APP.LOG text [ /code]

When you say open Bootloader, I assume you mean opening it and then pressing Play FF7?

Have you updated any kind of drivers or hardware between the time it was launching and now?

I realize I am probably doing something right foolish, but I'm on Windows 7 and just got the Steam version, and while other people have issues with bootleg, I can't even get FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe to run! It just repeatedly tells me "Access Denied. Installation Aborted. Run this Program with Administrative Privalleges.", which I am doing. I have the blank iso mounted and I'm not in a system folder. Renaming a drive didn't work either. Rather frustrating, because after looking at all these mods I can't help but want to use them!

Is there something I could be doing wrong?

Are you running the Game Converter with Admin Privileges?
« Last Edit: 2013-12-22 16:22:35 by EQ2Alyza »

MoshMosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2013-12-22 17:05:37 »
@srvait and EQ2Alyza

Yes, I running it with administrative privileges. Still seems to hate me. Haven't touched bootleg.exe since I figured I needed the converter to work first.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-22 17:09:08 by MoshMosh »

mikeyyyc

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2013-12-22 21:15:45 »
I'm getting only one small issue. After installing all the mods, all my drivers, etc. everything is working great, EXCEPT, for some reason, even though I set the resolution to my monitors native res, it still seems to lower the res once the game launches and stretches it out so all I see is the top lefthand corner.

I'm actually running the Steam version on a 2013 Macbook Pro using Bootcamp with Windows 7. It's got an NVidia Geforce 720M GPU in it, so it can definitely handle the mods. However, I suspect it may have to do with the fact that my native reso is 2880 - 1800. However, I tried lowering it to similar multiples but still get the issue of my game being stretched out and unplayable. Here's my app log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 750M/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 2880x1800, output resolution 2400x1800, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\SteamIsh\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\SteamIsh\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.466667, frames: 1792
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 12
WM_CLOSE
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2013-12-22 22:16:02 »
2880x1800 sounds like you're playing on a TV?

mikeyyyc

• View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: 2013-12-22 23:12:40 »
2880x1800 sounds like you're playing on a TV?

Nope. As I said in my original post, I'm playing on a MBP retina display with windows 7 on a bootcamp install. I'm more than willing to tone down my resolution in order to get it working, but it seems like whatever I change my resolution to, the game scales top about 1 and 3/4ths the size of my screen.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 2013-12-22 23:34:52 »
There was no mention of retina display, so I wasn't sure. You're the first to test and report that kind of display, so I have no experience dealing with it. I wasn't even aware people were playing it on Macs.

It's showing your output resolution as 2400x1800, so it's clear that it's not adjusting to your native unless that's the resolution you set in Bootloader. I've never dealt with any reports of that high a resolution, and I don't have anything that can output that to test. Basically, you're our first guinea pig to test and potentially solve it.

Have you tried playing windowed mode at a smaller resolution? Try testing one with a multiple of 640x480. If that works, then try a 16:9 resolution e.g. 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

A screenshot of the problem would be nice also. I'm unsure what you mean by seeing the top lefthand corner.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-22 23:36:25 by EQ2Alyza »

Bullets2Xchange

• View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 2013-12-22 23:45:03 »
Yes, I have updated a program (razer surround) recently that affects sound
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 525M/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1080x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
« Last Edit: 2013-12-24 08:29:17 by Bullets2Xchange »

srvait

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2013-12-23 00:49:55 »
It has been running on Building char.lgp for 8 hours now

mikeyyyc

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 2013-12-23 03:49:14 »
There was no mention of retina display, so I wasn't sure. You're the first to test and report that kind of display, so I have no experience dealing with it. I wasn't even aware people were playing it on Macs.

It's showing your output resolution as 2400x1800, so it's clear that it's not adjusting to your native unless that's the resolution you set in Bootloader. I've never dealt with any reports of that high a resolution, and I don't have anything that can output that to test. Basically, you're our first guinea pig to test and potentially solve it.

Have you tried playing windowed mode at a smaller resolution? Try testing one with a multiple of 640x480. If that works, then try a 16:9 resolution e.g. 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

A screenshot of the problem would be nice also. I'm unsure what you mean by seeing the top lefthand corner.

Ah, apologies. I thought that I had mentioned it was a retina display.

Here is a screenshot of my current issue. This is what the credits screen looks like on fullscreen mode, when I launch the game fullscreen at a resolution of 1920x1080

It seems to work okay in windowed mode at 1920x1080, but I really would love to be able to play full screen. Still, I'll take what I can get, but it seems like a really strange issue with a really simple solution that I'm overlooking.