Author Topic: what's up with the filter?  (Read 4458 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
what's up with the filter?
« on: 2020-06-18 23:28:12 »
disclaimer: this is not a carryover from the apology thread, i've made peace with that, said what i had to say, i get it, and i've moved on

but are we really going to have a 'mod that shall not be referred to by name' in this forum?  ::)

i swear if i roll my eyes any harder at this forum's administrative decisions, my eyes will pop out of my skull

so you tell me admins: is typing 'mod that shall not be referred to by name' considered bypassing the censor, and against the rules?

if not, then what is the freakin point? and if so, that is even more completely screwed up, you've made it so any person wanting to freely talk about the FF7 modding scene as a whole can not do so, meaning if you want the MOST access to available information about modding the game, this is NOT the place to be (either way)

any user who wants to continue participating in this forum, better get your macro set for 'mod that shall not be referred to by name'!  ::)

i'm sorry, but i think its time this administration's competency is called into question... (and fairly so)

« Last Edit: 2020-06-19 03:19:39 by Orichalcon »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: what's up with the filter?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-19 00:24:00 »
You dont know the half of it. Someone who I will not name asked that every trace of him be removed from this forum. If you dont agree with his request then take it up with him. Major threads have already been removed and other posts are being pruned as needed. In the meantime everything has been anonymized as requested. Just because he has been removed doesnt mean we are total assholes. As for our decisions if you do not like them you know where the door is.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-19 00:28:05 »
i doubt that is the case, and even if 'ordinary man'  ::) himself DID request this, he can't really do that and you know it
has more to do with the last line in my original post

As for our decisions if you do not like them you know where the door is.

i appreciate the suggestion, but no thank you

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-19 00:36:46 »
We're always looking for new staff members.  If you have any real nominees, please let us, and them, know

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-19 00:46:01 »
still didnt answer my (very reasonable) question, are we allowed to talk about the 'mod that shall not be referred to by name' or not?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-19 00:51:37 »
You can talk about whatever you wish. But if you type it out as what is is called it will be changed by the software. Simple as that. I am not going to prevent your right to talk about it but I am also going to allow his request.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-19 00:53:13 »
Just to add on this. I am not trying to erase the existence of his great software. He has done some amazing work. I was willing to leave a redirect to any website or forum he wished. He specifically requested to delete everything.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #7 on: 2020-06-19 00:58:18 »
Just to add on this. I am not trying to erase the existence of his great software. He has done some amazing work. I was willing to leave a redirect to any website or forum he wished. He specifically requested to delete everything.

this filter is beyond asinine, makes it a pain for users (you know... those people that the forums are for) to freely converse, and completely downgrades user experience for modders as well as users just trying to sort through the mods

don't care about that part one bit, do you?
(refer to last line in original post)

and he says he only asked for his posts deleted - nothing more (and like i said - even if he did you shouldnt have honored this request anyway... for the reasons stated above)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-19 01:00:10 by Orichalcon »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-06-19 01:03:37 »
Question whatever you wish. I wont begrudge you that. But this isnt a democracy. If i dont feel something is the best for this forum (with consensus with other forum staff) then it wont be done. Simple as that. Complain about that as much as you want. It isnt going to change.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #9 on: 2020-06-19 01:13:53 »
Question whatever you wish. I wont begrudge you that.

Finally, a mature response.  I appreciate that.

But this isnt a democracy.

no, but its closer than you think   ;)

If i dont feel something is the best for this forum (with consensus with other forum staff) then it wont be done. Simple as that. Complain about that as much as you want. It isnt going to change.

well that's what this thread is about, if you are really THAT out of touch with what a user wants/should get out of this forum from being an administrator for so long, then you shouldn't be doing it, its THAT bad

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #10 on: 2020-06-19 01:36:59 »
Nothing against the moderators, but seriously I have some questions:

Why/how is it that DLPB is gone, yet he *still* has these forums by the balls and under his control?

Why do you allow it?

How long are you going to do this monkey dance for DLPB's entertainment for?

Why is it so hard to do this?:
DLPB: Hey, I want you to remove my existence from your forums.
Moderators: No.

Anybody must reasonably expect that when you join a PUBLIC forum that anything you say here then becomes PUBLIC and you do not have a right to demand everything be taken down.

This is setting multiple dangerous precedents. Now, if Joe Schmo requests you remove all of his stuff, you'll jump on that right away and waste your time too, right? Right?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-06-19 01:43:32 »

Why/how is it that mod is gone, yet he *still* has these forums by the balls and under his control?

Why do you allow it?

How long are you going to do this monkey dance for mod's entertainment for?

Why is it so hard to do this?:
mod: Hey, I want you to remove my existence from your forums.
Moderators: No.

Anybody must reasonably expect that when you join a PUBLIC forum that anything you say here then becomes PUBLIC and you do not have a right to demand everything be taken down.

This is setting multiple dangerous precedents. Now, if Joe Schmo requests you remove all of his stuff, you'll jump on that right away and waste your time too, right? Right?

Because
A) I am not an asshole. Its his mod to do as he wishes with. You can still find it on the internet if you want it
B) There are other potential issues if we didnt.

quantumpencil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-06-19 02:56:55 »
i doubt that is the case, and even if 'ordinary man'  ::) himself DID request this, he can't really do that and you know it

It has absolutely been requested: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690633787121467433/723059028770553856/unknown.png

The moderators are choosing to honor (a reasonable) request from ordinary man, nothing less, nothing more. Moreover, they have no choice but to anonymize his profile if requested due to GDPR. The right to be forgotten provisions do not necessitate posts be deleted, but they do give anyone the right to request anonymity and mandate it be granted. Ordinary man has requested it, so your anger at the mods regarding this is misplaced.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #13 on: 2020-06-19 03:14:21 »
It has absolutely been requested: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690633787121467433/723059028770553856/unknown.png

The moderators are choosing to honor (a reasonable) request from ordinary man, nothing less, nothing more. Moreover, they have no choice but to anonymize his profile if requested due to GDPR. The right to be forgotten provisions do not necessitate posts be deleted, but they do give anyone the right to request anonymity and mandate it be granted. Ordinary man has requested it, so your anger at the mods regarding this is misplaced.

you're wrong

that .png says that he said exactly what i said he said (you follow that?)

it says he requested his posts to be deleted and nothing more, certainly doesn't say he requests a filter be put on his name and mod - but the filter has been removed anyway

genuine props to the admins for listening to reason

Why/how is it that DLPB is gone, yet he *still* has these forums by the balls and under his control?

Why do you allow it?

How long are you going to do this monkey dance for DLPB's entertainment for?

i didnt know what you were saying when you said it - because of the filter

but if you're implying that i've made this thread on dlpb's request or something - you're wrong

this was a serious issue

frankly, i find the community's silence on the issue frighteningly complacent
« Last Edit: 2020-06-19 04:14:45 by Orichalcon »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-06-19 06:39:31 »
frankly, i find the community's silence on the issue frighteningly complacent

I don't want to speak for everyone, but it's probably because we just don't care anymore. At least it is for me. It doesn't rustle my jimmys at all if I can or can't use the words "Reunion" or "DLPB". It's not going to effect my experience here. At this point, I'd really only need them if I wanted to keep bringing them up to try and start or engage in drama...

You seem to be the only one with this big of an issue with the whole situation. I just don't care anymorrrrrre.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-19 06:44:24 by Bonez »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-06-19 15:28:08 »
Filter is gone, thread has served its purpose