Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838371 times)

jugend

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7175 on: 2018-08-05 19:28:24 »
Just to add to that

ragnarok;

buster sword;

Of course, it will be more pronounced with crits and on lower def targets, but I'm finding at end game, the damage difference pretty consistently negligible. I know the system is fine tuned so i'd say it's very hard to tweak in any way, I'd just like to see the weapons makeup alot more of the overall brunt of your total attack, because atm, you can basically equip any weapon as long as you want, use a power wrist, and it's the same attack, I don't think weapons should have that little weight.

In the original for example, it's 18 attack for buster sword, and 100 attack for ultima weapon, the differnce is massive. Though I don't think it's a huge deal, I do think something like an overall tone down on the amount of stats you get from rank up could benefit the game, and allow you to give more weight to weapon choice.

the brunt of your attack comes from

44-50 for end game weapons

30-40 for starter str

120 max for rank up str (cloud)

35 for acc

20/40 for armor

the amount of weight in the  stats from ranking up is extremly high imo, and taking away alot of meaning in weapon choice, I think this could be an area to take a look at
« Last Edit: 2018-08-05 19:36:52 by jugend »

Jcdarden

• View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: 2018-08-05 20:56:57 »
After clearing the 3 Junon Leagues, I went back and talked to the soldier that registers you for the league. When he asked which league I wanted to pick, I selected "cancel" and it caused a softlock.

Also, I was fighting Carmine Weapon without the Underwater Materia. I beat it, but as the victory fanfare played and my characters did the victory poses, the timer hit zero and I got a game over. When I reloaded the save file, I was back at the world map by the sub, but the experience screen and item screen with the earth harp and gil appeared and I couldn't interact with them.

And is there an updated version of the "where is the thing" guide? I'm trying to find all the ultimate weapon materials and I assume the list provided can't be right because I found some of the things before the crater, which is where they're listed as existing.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-05 22:42:33 by Jcdarden »

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: 2018-08-06 01:04:39 »
Hello - just started your mod and really enjoyed it so far. Problem is I just got to Red 13 and noticed he does not have E. Skill equipped. I think this may be because I didn't switch the mod on in 7H until after the first sector bombing. Is there anyway to get reset it so that it works properly going forward or do I need to restart the entire game?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: 2018-08-06 02:42:57 »
the amount of weight in the  stats from ranking up is extremly high imo, and taking away alot of meaning in weapon choice, I think this could be an area to take a look at

The issue I ran into with Strength is that the range to work within can get very cramped compared to Magic, which has no weapon modifier to consider (except for magic bonus on certain weapons but this typically doesn't exceed 30). Strength has to be split between:

-) Weapon
-) Character's base stat
-) Lower/Upper ceiling of Rank-Up boost
-) Armour
-) Accessory
-) Materia
-) Innate (if applicable)

One thing I could do is separate the Weapon strength from character strength and have this be used in the physical damage formula on its own; that way, a weapon with higher base power will always be better than a weapon with lower base power in the event that the stat approaches its cap of 255.

As for redistribution, it depends. Having a new character development system, I wanted it to be worthwhile and it was replacing stats from levels so it needed to be significant. Moving the stat boosts more onto the equipment is just as viable (and could potentially be better, depending on how it is implemented).

After clearing the 3 Junon Leagues, I went back and talked to the soldier that registers you for the league. When he asked which league I wanted to pick, I selected "cancel" and it caused a softlock.

Also, I was fighting Carmine Weapon without the Underwater Materia. I beat it, but as the victory fanfare played and my characters did the victory poses, the timer hit zero and I got a game over. When I reloaded the save file, I was back at the world map by the sub, but the experience screen and item screen with the earth harp and gil appeared and I couldn't interact with them.

And is there an updated version of the "where is the thing" guide? I'm trying to find all the ultimate weapon materials and I assume the list provided can't be right because I found some of the things before the crater, which is where they're listed as existing.

I had a fix implemented for the menu when I updated the installer/IRO and hotfixes; are you on the latest version? Let me know if you are, as I'll need to re-attempt a fix.

What you ran into with carmine was a rare(ish) glitch that exists in the original game and has to do with the way the game handles memory: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Emerald_Weapon_countdown_glitch
Some interesting effects can be achieved with the glitch, but it can be dangerous. There's a video on that wiki page showing some of them.

I added some of the weapons to drop outside of the crater earlier, but copies of them are still acquired from Crater enemies by drop and steal; for the steal though you'll need a sneak glove equipped which can be obtained from Wall Market as before.

Hello - just started your mod and really enjoyed it so far. Problem is I just got to Red 13 and noticed he does not have E. Skill equipped. I think this may be because I didn't switch the mod on in 7H until after the first sector bombing. Is there anyway to get reset it so that it works properly going forward or do I need to restart the entire game?

You'll be missing more than that, the kernel initialises the 'starting state' of the game's characters such as their stats, equipment, etc. Tifa is supposed to join with Cover Materia, Aeris with Barrier, Heal, Earth, and Revive, Red with E.Skill, elemental, and Demi. Barret, Tifa, and Aeris will likely have joined with triple AP weapons equipped as well, because I converted their original starting weapon into one (they each have an extra weapon tier that's behind Buster Sword).

When playing a mod for the first time, it's important to always start from a new game.

As for your options now, I would recommend using a save editor to add/change the equipment and stats of your characters to get back on track. Black Chocobo save editor is the best one to use, but as a precaution make a back-up of your save files before doing anything.

Using default weapon names as these are how the save editor lists them
Code: [Select]
Cloud
STR: 43
VIT: 28
MAG: 27
SPR: 32
DEX: 16
LCK:14

Barret
STR 45
VIT 43
MAG 9
SPR 37
DEX 8
LCK 12

Starts with Assault Gun (remove Gatling Gun from inventory)

Tifa
STR 47
VIT 12
MAG 23
SPR 18
DEX 32
LCK 9

Materia: Cover
Starts with Metal Knuckle (remove Leather Glove from inventory)

Aeris
STR 22
VIT 11
MAG 47
SPR 22
DEX 32
LCK 25

Materia: Barrier, All, Earth, Revive, Heal
Starts with Mythril Rod (remove Guard Stick from inventory)

Red
STR 35
VIT 27
MAG 32
SPR 25
DEX 35
LCK 12

Materia: Destruct, Gravity, Elemental, Enemy Skill
Same equipment as default game

Yuffie
STR 37
VIT 8
MAG 38
SPR 11
DEX 50
LCK 12

Materia: Throw, Added Effect, Exit, Time, Enemy Away

Cait & Vincent - initialised in .EXE so no worries about these guys

Cid
STR 50
VIT 34
MAG 12
SPR 10
DEX 11
LCK 90

No materia, default equipment
« Last Edit: 2018-08-06 02:44:31 by Sega Chief »

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: 2018-08-07 01:50:16 »
Appreciate the reply, Sega. I may just start over since I wasn't too far. Good to know going forward. I thought I had actually started with NT but apparently misclicked early on. Bah :(

« Reply #7180 on: 2018-08-12 21:31:02 »
Hey, quick question:

Other than manually deleting the patched files, uninstalling FF7, and re-installing FF7, is there a way to uninstall the mod?

I played it, and it was great, but I'd like to go back and play the original, vanilla game again.

I have the Steam version, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: 2018-08-12 23:36:52 »
Sorry to bother - but where is the long range materia in this mod? I remember there being a different materia in its place way back at those caves and haven't seen it since.

kamek523

• View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: 2018-08-12 23:40:23 »
Where is the Alpha enemy skill? I've done almost all of the optional content including the enemies that Proud Clod says has it, but none of them used it.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: 2018-08-13 11:21:14 »
Other than manually deleting the patched files, uninstalling FF7, and re-installing FF7, is there a way to uninstall the mod?

You will have to delete and reinstall if you failed to make a back up.If you did make a back up of your data folder and ff7 exe then just put the backups back into their location and it will be good to go. Heres what was written in the install directions on the main post

Installation is relatively straight-forward and covered in the linked video:
1) Download the patcher
2) Extract the patcher
3) Locate the Data folder inside the FF7 folder; make a backup of this folder.
4) Run the patcher as admin and specify the game's 'Data' folder for installation.
5) Run the game and select New Game; a message should appear confirming NT installation

Sorry to bother - but where is the long range materia in this mod? I remember there being a different materia in its place way back at those caves and haven't seen it since.

The long range materia is a reward for doing a side quest that ill post in spoiler
Spoiler: show
 Turning in the earth harp, desert rose and guide book to the old man in Kalm  is different in NT, just get those and turn them in to him.

Where is the Alpha enemy skill? I've done almost all of the optional content including the enemies that Proud Clod says has it, but none of them used it.

If you are using the most up to date version of the mod then Alpha has been replaced by Transfusion. If you are using an older version it can be obtained from the Zolom.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-13 11:25:44 by UpRisen »

kamek523

• View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: 2018-08-13 13:42:31 »
I'm using the most up to date version. Alpha Zolom has Beta. Proud Clod says Masked Man and Death Dealer have Alpha, but they never used it and I waited a long long time and even checked if it was triggered by limit breaks.

Proud Clod says "Transfusion" does not exist on any enemy, but I tried anyway. Death Dealers are immune to Manipulate. I tried that for several minutes with HypnoCrown equipped.

Just to be sure, I am using the 17th July 2018 build taken from this thread. I'm using the included .exe on the steam version with no other mods. Everything else has worked perfectly from start to finish with 0 bugs.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7185 on: 2018-08-13 16:52:42 »
Hey, quick question:

I played it, and it was great, but I'd like to go back and play the original, vanilla game again.

I have the Steam version, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Rather than reinstall, if you go into steam library and right-click FF7, select properties, then the Local Files tab. Should be an option there called 'verify the integrity of game files'; that'll revert FF7 to default by replacing the altered files (saves a fair bit on redownload/reinstall as NT only affects about 200mb or so of the game files).

In future though, to avoid having to download files you can either make a copy of the game's data folder or specifically the battle.lgp, scene.bin, kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, flevel.lgp, and char.lgp which are located in the battle, lang-en/battle, lang-en/kernel, and field folders respectively (inside data folder). It's generally less of a headache though (but more storage space) to just have a copy of the entire data folder you can swap to otherwise you need to rename multiple files.

I'm using the most up to date version. Alpha Zolom has Beta. Proud Clod says Masked Man and Death Dealer have Alpha, but they never used it and I waited a long long time and even checked if it was triggered by limit breaks.

Proud Clod says "Transfusion" does not exist on any enemy, but I tried anyway. Death Dealers are immune to Manipulate. I tried that for several minutes with HypnoCrown equipped.

I'll check to see who uses it and whether they can actually use it or not.

« Reply #7186 on: 2018-08-13 20:32:29 »
Rather than reinstall, if you go into steam library and right-click FF7, select properties, then the Local Files tab. Should be an option there called 'verify the integrity of game files'; that'll revert FF7 to default by replacing the altered files (saves a fair bit on redownload/reinstall as NT only affects about 200mb or so of the game files).

In future though, to avoid having to download files you can either make a copy of the game's data folder or specifically the battle.lgp, scene.bin, kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, flevel.lgp, and char.lgp which are located in the battle, lang-en/battle, lang-en/kernel, and field folders respectively (inside data folder). It's generally less of a headache though (but more storage space) to just have a copy of the entire data folder you can swap to otherwise you need to rename multiple files.

I'll check to see who uses it and whether they can actually use it or not.

Hey, thanks a lot! Also, I loved the secret dance party at the end. Very funny stuff.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: 2018-08-15 04:11:45 »
So hey, finally downloaded and installed this mod, and I just gotta say, great work so far, but... who's the goofball who made Aries' line at the pipe "THESE guy is sick?!"XD

fafefifofu

• View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: 2018-08-15 11:43:02 »
Hi I have encountered a bug with Yuffie, basically I had the conversation with RED who tells me that he can find her so I got out of Kalm Town and the ittle scene with her dialogue shows up, I answered her correctly and got her in party but after that RED got stuck there and I had the same conversation over and over even with her in party. I went away and forward with the plot without her in party well after the Mithril mines, after I received a couple of telephone calls from her but I still could not use her. I went back to Kalm Town and this time RED was not there anymore, so I'm trying to find her in the forests around Junon but she doesn't show up. Is there anything I can do to have her in party? She even shows up in the Rank Up system where you can check the SP obtained...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: 2018-08-15 14:35:04 »
So hey, finally downloaded and installed this mod, and I just gotta say, great work so far, but... who's the goofball who made Aries' line at the pipe "THESE guy is sick?!"XD

The person responsible was fired.

Hi I have encountered a bug with Yuffie, basically I had the conversation with RED who tells me that he can find her so I got out of Kalm Town and the ittle scene with her dialogue shows up, I answered her correctly and got her in party but after that RED got stuck there and I had the same conversation over and over even with her in party. I went away and forward with the plot without her in party well after the Mithril mines, after I received a couple of telephone calls from her but I still could not use her. I went back to Kalm Town and this time RED was not there anymore, so I'm trying to find her in the forests around Junon but she doesn't show up. Is there anything I can do to have her in party? She even shows up in the Rank Up system where you can check the SP obtained...

I tested the scene and it behaved correctly, so we'll go through this step by step because parts of your bug report are confusing me.

-) 'Answered her correctly'; there are no dialogue choices in NT's Yuffie recruitment scene. Did you get the fight where all five party members participate all at once?

-) 'Red got stuck there'; was he stuck in the grass field or is he still appearing in Kalm? After the grass field scene, the game should be placing you outside Kalm.

-) 'Got her in the party' + 'I went away and forward with the plot without her in party'; so is she in the party or is she not? I'm assuming you did get the NT scene, but the game didn't actually add her to your PHS roster.

-) 'After I received a couple of telephone calls from her'; no idea what this means, I'm assuming dialogue is appearing for her but she isn't visible in a scene? Where did this occur?

I also need to know if there are any other mods installed, particularly mods that affect field screens? And is this the regular installed version or are you using 7H Mod Loader? Either there's been interference from another mod, you're using an old IRO (the NT mod from 7H's catalog is likely out of date; recommend using the one from front page of this thread instead), or there's a weakpoint in the scene's script that you've found (if you have a save file from before, I'd recommend trying to go through the scene again and seeing if this problem happens consistently).

You can fix the issue on your current file of not being able to select Yuffie by using a save editor (Black Chocobo tool) to make her available for PHS selection.

fafefifofu

• View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: 2018-08-15 16:32:38 »
-) 'Answered her correctly'; there are no dialogue choices in NT's Yuffie recruitment scene. Did you get the fight where all five party members participate all at once?
No I didn't get the fight scene. Just the field scene where you have to give her 3 answers correctly.

-) 'Red got stuck there'; was he stuck in the grass field or is he still appearing in Kalm? After the grass field scene, the game should be placing you outside Kalm.
RED was still in Kalm Town and I couldn't enter the city, only talk to him. I was placed outside but the first two times she wasn't in party even if answers were correct, then I tried again and she was added in the party but the scene started again while she was in the party. In fact there was only Cloud and another member present in the scene with her. I am not sure but maybe it was my fault for starting the scene again talking with RED.

-) 'Got her in the party' + 'I went away and forward with the plot without her in party'; so is she in the party or is she not? I'm assuming you did get the NT scene, but the game didn't actually add her to your PHS roster.
Yeah she wasn't added to the roster. I can't select her, but she still appears in the Rank Up System when checking the SP at a save point.

-) 'After I received a couple of telephone calls from her'; no idea what this means, I'm assuming dialogue is appearing for her but she isn't visible in a scene? Where did this occur?
Just after Corel prison I think, she called me saying something about Barrett.

About the mods, sorry for not specifing, I installed Reunion mod for the graphic.

Thank you for your answer, I will try to use the trainer to mod the saved game I was looking for one actually but didn't find any that convinced me.
I used black chocobo and selected Yuffie to be in PHS. Thanks again for your help.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-15 18:29:54 by fafefifofu »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: 2018-08-15 21:18:00 »
No I didn't get the fight scene. Just the field scene where you have to give her 3 answers correctly.

RED was still in Kalm Town and I couldn't enter the city, only talk to him. I was placed outside but the first two times she wasn't in party even if answers were correct, then I tried again and she was added in the party but the scene started again while she was in the party. In fact there was only Cloud and another member present in the scene with her. I am not sure but maybe it was my fault for starting the scene again talking with RED.

Yeah she wasn't added to the roster. I can't select her, but she still appears in the Rank Up System when checking the SP at a save point.

Just after Corel prison I think, she called me saying something about Barrett.

About the mods, sorry for not specifing, I installed Reunion mod for the graphic.

Thank you for your answer, I will try to use the trainer to mod the saved game I was looking for one actually but didn't find any that convinced me.
I used black chocobo and selected Yuffie to be in PHS. Thanks again for your help.

Right, so it sounds like the game isn't patched properly which has left some fields as default scripts rather than the NT ones, leading to the issue. This may mean that other fields are using default scripts which could cause more major problems later on.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: 2018-08-16 05:47:55 »
Yeah, I can confirm, I got the Yuffie scene (and was laughing my ass off!), and it seemed to work perfectly. But now I wish I could always have all my party members fighting at once!

Though I have a concern: The enemies on the world map in the Midgar-to-Farm area: They are a bit challenging, but don't give much XP. Is this to discourage xp-farming?

Also, not letting the Zolom "Beta" me for an early e-skill? That's mean! He kept kicking me out of the swamp... then got tired of my shit when I tried to cross the swamp on foot and ate my party. This mod is hilarious, and I congratulate everyone involved!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: 2018-08-16 15:16:54 »
Yeah, I can confirm, I got the Yuffie scene (and was laughing my ass off!), and it seemed to work perfectly. But now I wish I could always have all my party members fighting at once!

Though I have a concern: The enemies on the world map in the Midgar-to-Farm area: They are a bit challenging, but don't give much XP. Is this to discourage xp-farming?

Also, not letting the Zolom "Beta" me for an early e-skill? That's mean! He kept kicking me out of the swamp... then got tired of my strawberries when I tried to cross the swamp on foot and ate my party. This mod is hilarious, and I congratulate everyone involved!

You may have hit one of the level soft caps (these occur every 10 levels or so, at lv.21, lv.31, and so on). This helps prevent overleveling early on in the game as some players like to look for new randoms and do what's available. Enemies give exponentially increasing exp and ap as you progress through each area, and bosses should help push through the soft caps.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: 2018-08-16 21:32:40 »
You may have hit one of the level soft caps (these occur every 10 levels or so, at lv.21, lv.31, and so on). This helps prevent overleveling early on in the game as some players like to look for new randoms and do what's available. Enemies give exponentially increasing exp and ap as you progress through each area, and bosses should help push through the soft caps.

Yeah, I noticed the cargo ship enemies giving a ton of XP (though I did have the EXP Materia equipped), though they're also nearly boss-level fights in their own right (4-6 hits to take out a single character, all while waylaying the party with sleep, silence and petrify, yikes!). Jenova TPK'd me in like 2 turns, so now I'm spending 3+ hours at this point just grinding in the cargo area. I don't know if that was your intention or not, but I feel like if you're going to stop people from leveling at level 21 before they get on the boat, maybe don't make Jenova capable of killing a nearly level 30 party (took her 4 turns this time =P)? Otherwise they just have to grind to 30+, which is like, the exact opposite point of the mod I thought?

Though i DO thank you for allowing non-active party members to keep pace with Cloud! I was worried I'd have to keep swapping people =)

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: 2018-08-16 22:00:05 »
Yeah, I noticed the cargo ship enemies giving a ton of XP (though I did have the EXP Materia equipped), though they're also nearly boss-level fights in their own right (4-6 hits to take out a single character, all while waylaying the party with sleep, silence and petrify, yikes!). Jenova TPK'd me in like 2 turns, so now I'm spending 3+ hours at this point just grinding in the cargo area. I don't know if that was your intention or not, but I feel like if you're going to stop people from leveling at level 21 before they get on the boat, maybe don't make Jenova capable of killing a nearly level 30 party (took her 4 turns this time =P)? Otherwise they just have to grind to 30+, which is like, the exact opposite point of the mod I thought?

Though i DO thank you for allowing non-active party members to keep pace with Cloud! I was worried I'd have to keep swapping people =)

Levels arent as important in NT as other versions since your primary stat ups come from ranks. Try using a different party or materia/item set up. If you got past bottomswell then you should be strong enough to get past Jenova, she is easier once you understand the moves she can do and the flow of the fight. Theres no point in the actual story where grinding is required. you can start game and play casually and beat sephiroth at the end.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: 2018-08-16 22:27:12 »
Yeah, I actually leveled up some more, went in with all limits charged, made sure I had her weaknesses tied into my weapons and just wailed on her. It worked =)

Oh, but before i get too far: Does she morph into anything?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: 2018-08-16 22:32:51 »
Yeah, I actually leveled up some more, went in with all limits charged, made sure I had her weaknesses tied into my weapons and just wailed on her. It worked =)

Oh, but before i get too far: Does she morph into anything?

Spoiler: show
jenova morphs into  diamond bangle, and the 2 nodes morph into a power wrist and an earing

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: 2018-08-16 22:52:17 »
Dammit, I had to ask -_-

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: 2018-08-16 23:27:00 »
lol yea, in my opinion its the second best morph in the game. Actually gives you a decent boost for this point of the game.