Author Topic: Team Avalanche Logo  (Read 64657 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche Logo
« Reply #25 on: 2010-08-23 18:00:00 »
Nightmarish's logo reminds me of quake 3 lol
Heh, it reminds me of the metal logo that appears when you load up quake 2 or 3

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-08-23 18:00:26 »
You get the idea.
Except much nicer.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #27 on: 2010-08-23 19:39:41 »
You get the idea.
Except much nicer.

[img]

If you're talking about a snow avalanche, then yes. But that's not likely what AVALANCHE is about. Think more generic land-slide kind of avalanche:

土石流

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-08-23 21:50:05 »
Hahah it wasn't even gray at my pc ;P more like a dinner at the street after heavy drinking color xD didn't notice it was transparent sorry^_^;, looks much better at while background.
 But Comet/Meteor does matter in FF7 as they both are different spells in game:P Comet - normal magic materia, meteor - ultimate black magic. Through that meteor in game is heavilly unrealistic;P it starts burning light years before he hit the atmosphere:P eventually it's stopped in the moment of burning untill player finally goes to kick Seph ass. Comet's doesn't burn through, that's a gass tail  which is released always from the side of closest star who starts this reaction, not really "after" in comet trajectory. But I joked at the throwing eggs in you for that part xD.

andreese

• I'm just getting started!
    • View Profile
    • andreese
« Reply #29 on: 2010-08-24 00:17:22 »
Thanks for spoiling the whole ending for me! *cries* im just joking :P  but the Comet idea was scrapped anyways and now its a skull/cross bones with the letter A on it, i believe.

Tabizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-08-25 00:38:47 »
here are a couple of drafts i made:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
here's another:
« Last Edit: 2010-08-25 18:24:43 by Tabizzle »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 2010-08-25 02:29:16 »
An edit to the last one, thought it looked alot better, regardless of how the decision of the logo goes.

The Original flag, enlarged a bit and edited to get rid of some pixelation. Not the greatest picture, but it's the original flag.

weirdmisty

« Reply #32 on: 2010-08-25 04:14:30 »
I've been following Team Avalanche's work for a bit but went ahead and signed up for this forum today xD

Anyway, I had an idea for a possible logo, dunno if anyone else would think it's cool though :P

andreese

• View Profile
    • andreese
« Reply #33 on: 2010-08-25 10:48:50 »
^ i actually think that one is pretty cool, simple and iconic!

I liked the one of cloud with the reflection too but it seems a little too dramatic haha :p It's not my decision though and i think they wanted that red flag design
« Last Edit: 2010-08-26 05:07:56 by andreese »

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-08-26 02:57:28 »
I very much like that take on the shin-ra logo.  It's very simple and very classy.  It doesn't scream LOOK AT ME I'VE MODDED FFVII.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #35 on: 2010-08-26 08:05:27 »
I like the shin-ra label too!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-08-26 12:07:30 »
*sl1982 uses VETO POWER*  :P

It's going to be the flag from the game. If someone wishes to make a high res version of this it would be appreciated.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #37 on: 2010-08-26 19:29:33 »
The flag logo is cool, but how about flattened and made to be an depression.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: 2010-08-26 21:39:26 »
*sl1982 uses VETO POWER*  :P

It's going to be the flag from the game. If someone wishes to make a high res version of this it would be appreciated.

Do you have a Size, like length by width, that you want it to be? So everyone knows what kind of space the flag has to fill and look good at?

I don't want to make it too small and then have a sh*t copy when you stretch it. If you know what I mean. :)

EDIT: A few Trials>

« Last Edit: 2010-08-26 22:02:05 by Shankifer »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-08-26 22:41:24 »
i did a bit of editing to shankifer's first flag, i made it into more of a patch i guess you could say, but it looks pretty cool imho.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: 2010-08-26 23:07:04 »
Damn, that looks nice! haha  :-D

The only thing that could possibly be worked on or removed is the shadow of the "waves" in the flag. The original picture included the waves which is half the reason of the deformity of the flag. Is there any way you can shop in kind of like  wrinkle/wave to the pic to make your flag look less sideways-prison-cell-shadowy? :P

Or Removing the stripes and using burn to darken some areas and create a "wave" effect that kind of accents the deformity of the skull.

I really do like yours though :D
Sorry for the OCD going on here but the stripes just kind of looked out of place to me :P

Edit: Thought just hit: Using clone stamp to create the waving effect. Like using it to break up the lines so they are off-alignment and it looks like the patchwork fabric is actually curling and "waving" :D
« Last Edit: 2010-08-26 23:08:42 by Shankifer »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-08-26 23:29:39 »
it could still use a little fine tuning, but it was a quick 10 minute mock up. If i made it again i would change more than a few things. But honestly it think andreese has made a far superior logo alreay, the only downside is it doesn't quite jive with the FF7 look.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: 2010-08-26 23:46:39 »
True, but still, whether they get picked or not, huge kudos to all the logos in this thread. A lot of nice work and pieces of potential for any future Team Avalanche picture needs. It's nice to see what variety people can come up with when you give them the vague order of, "Make a Team Avalanche Logo" lol. I think anything in here would look nice somewhere in an installer to make it look official/Intresting/very cool  ;D.

andreese

• View Profile
    • andreese
« Reply #43 on: 2010-08-27 02:40:41 »
[pyrozen] i think its awesome but he's right about the stripes, they look weird. Try making them not as dark, they seem to be a bit harsh and stand out too much. And you might want to make them larger but less drastic (have it gradually fade over a bigger area), i think it might look a little better.

Good work with that one though i like the texture and everything.

EDIT: and yah, i think the flag logo i made was a little too modern :P doesn't really fit the style of the game
« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 02:49:00 by andreese »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: 2010-08-27 02:59:47 »
Not saying it's a bad thing at all... but strangely, everytime I look at your TA flag I am reminded of a lava lamp haha  ;D

I like it though! I agree with the modern thing though, it reminds me of something I'd see in something like... MODERN warfare 2 haha, Ironic but true lol.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-08-27 03:10:35 »
[pyrozen] i think its awesome but he's right about the stripes, they look weird. Try making them not as dark, they seem to be a bit harsh and stand out too much. And you might want to make them larger but less drastic (have it gradually fade over a bigger area), i think it might look a little better.
Good work with that one though i like the texture and everything.
EDIT: and yah, i think the flag logo i made was a little too modern :-P doesn't really fit the style of the game

well, rather watch me polish a turd i would like to see if you can translate the logo you made into something a bit more "acceptable" to FF7 standards. A little more saturated and...... 1999ish looking maybe. I could go ahead and redo the rough draft i put up earlier, but all I'm really doing is trying to emulate what you did but in an more retro fashion.

lee

*edit*Also, i think it would be really cool if instead of the standard "hole" in the middle of the letter "A", if it was shaped like a "T". Just throwing that out there.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 03:14:38 by pyrozen »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-08-27 16:18:03 »
if someone wants to modify the skull flag a bit... we could do for a T in there, given we arent JUST avalanche :P

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-08-27 20:20:16 »
I took the first image Shank uploaded throw it in a vector program, up-scaled it and cleaned it up a little, should make for easy editing if anyone else wants to throw up some ideas.

« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 20:24:22 by Tekkie.X »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-08-27 20:37:28 »
I took the first image Shank uploaded throw it in a vector program, up-scaled it and cleaned it up a little, should make for easy editing if anyone else wants to throw up some ideas.
excellent, i'll give it another go and post up anything thats striking

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #49 on: 2010-08-27 23:36:36 »
Just throwing this out there, I couldn't help myself :P
http://ncs.millenia3d.net/etc/TATEST.png