Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Waifu release fulls packs  (Read 79204 times)

mikevincent

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98] Waifu release fulls packs
« Reply #50 on: 2016-05-28 11:22:48 »
I have a question about this. I have downloaded waifu and tried it on some backgrounds. But it seems to look better then on the pictures in this thread. Why is it, is it the game that changes the quality? I get this result -

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #51 on: 2016-05-31 07:44:36 »
You simply used noise filtering lv 2 instead of lv1, i used lv 1 because lv2 remove to much details and blur more.
For the single packs in mediafire i'll do it as soon as possible but my internet connexion is not realy stable now and i can't realy upload big files.

mikevincent

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2016-05-31 21:30:05 »
Ah you used that one. I actualy used level 3.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2016-06-06 06:09:47 »
Well, I actually like myself better the higher level.

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2016-10-04 01:36:18 »
Thanks for releasing all these here. I've been following along on http://ff7.fr/forum/ and have English versions of the mini games ready to go. So here they are.

English mini games

-Condor: (including StrayOff's original English HD textures)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ed0f86nxbqmvtrs/condor.7z

I have tried my best to remember and credit the other mod authors.

Grimmy, I need your help.
Along with your HQ condor background, I tried a MOD condor.lgp to play Condor minigame.
I forgot where I got MOD condor.lgp cause it was long time ago and had not time to try it until today.
Maybe Tifa's bootleg ? I am not sure.

With the MOD and your HQ background, I felt that fighters are coarserough comparing to monsters in this lgp and HQ back.

Condor mini-game image played;

If you have time to improve shapes of these fighters, the game will give more fun to FF7 players.
If you know the work has been done, please let me know the link of it.
I am very much looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-19 01:26:24 by Toppanzoo »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2016-10-26 16:21:35 »
Why only the old PC port, what about the Steam version? I can't find any mods for the Steam port backgrounds.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2016-10-27 04:24:08 »
Why only the old PC port, what about the Steam version? I can't find any mods for the Steam port backgrounds.
You can convert the Steam version, since the old PC port is pretty much the most supported version for mods.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #57 on: 2016-12-16 12:54:09 »
Full pack re uploaded, contains everything (field, battle, world map....).
Link in first post.
Also corrected and optimised some field and battle background.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2016-12-19 08:12:47 »
Link in first post.

Very nice, hopefully the update will find it's way into the next 7h catalog update.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #59 on: 2016-12-19 18:22:37 »
Warning, like i said in first post, it's a french pack so the menu and some minigame need to be tweaked to english version

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2016-12-21 05:28:57 »
Ouch... I did not expect that.

We need someone to do the "tweaking" for the English version or, if it is an easy thing to do, we can do it ourselves.

Any takers?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-21 05:40:31 by Salk »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: 2016-12-21 14:05:46 »
Link in first post.

Which scenes were optimized? It's better to post a separate download for them, rather than having to redo a 4GB+ download.

Ouch... I did not expect that.

We need someone to do the "tweaking" for the English version or, if it is an easy thing to do, we can do it ourselves.

Any takers?

Grimmy already did the English versions for all the minigames. His post about it is on page 1.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2016-12-21 14:43:41 »
Grimmy already did the English versions for all the minigames. His post about it is on page 1.

But satsuki posted his warning only two days ago.

Doesn't it mean that there has been some changes since the first release?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #63 on: 2016-12-21 19:45:38 »
@EQ2Alyza
There was lots of optimised field, i haven't listed all of them and as the old archive was down, i've made up a new full archive.

@Salk
The minigame have not been optimised so the Grimmy version's are ok
The only one left is the menu but you can use the avalanche one for exemple ^^

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2016-12-22 05:11:24 »
@Salk
The minigame have not been optimised so the Grimmy version's are ok
The only one left is the menu but you can use the avalanche one for exemple ^^

Since I am going to use Reunion's Menu Enhancement (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209228#msg209228), do you think that is enough?

Thanks!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #65 on: 2016-12-22 08:20:08 »
I never tested it but it may be great, just delete the "menu" folder of my waifu pack to avoid conficts

SlaughterThemAll

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2017-01-06 00:51:42 »
If you have the field pack 1 and 2 from 7th heaven already, any point on downloading the 4gb file in the original post? In 7th heaven Part 1 is 6/7gb, part 2 is around 3gb. whats the difference between the 4gb on original post and the two downloads in 7th heaven? I already have the 3gb download from the program, the 6/7gb download kept failing so I'm going to try to manually download it.
Satsuki your work is amazing, thank you for the eye candy (and everyone else who contributed of course)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2017-01-06 02:53:32 »
Look underneath the Download button to see the description of each part. Part 1 is Omzy and yarLson textures, and Part 2 is satsuki textures. The satsuki textures are 3.3GB because of the IRO compression, but once they are downloaded, 7H will unpack them to the same size that's here. The last update for them in 7H was 12/26/2016, so it includes the latest version from here.

I guess the naming of Part 1 and Part 2 sounds like you need both, but you don't. If your download is freezing, then try not to download more than one mod at a time. There's nothing I can do about it. Google Drive and MEGA are the download hosts and are horrible when it comes to throttling and halting a huge amount of downloads at once. About the only thing left I could do is just separate each of the three options into their own download and label them Field Textures - Omzy, Field Textures - yarLrson, Field Textures - satsuki.

SlaughterThemAll

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2017-01-06 03:37:55 »
Look underneath the Download button to see the description of each part. Part 1 is Omzy and yarLson textures, and Part 2 is satsuki textures. The satsuki textures are 3.3GB because of the IRO compression, but once they are downloaded, 7H will unpack them to the same size that's here. The last update for them in 7H was 12/26/2016, so it includes the latest version from here.

I guess the naming of Part 1 and Part 2 sounds like you need both, but you don't. If your download is freezing, then try not to download more than one mod at a time. There's nothing I can do about it. Google Drive and MEGA are the download hosts and are horrible when it comes to throttling and halting a huge amount of downloads at once. About the only thing left I could do is just separate each of the three options into their own download and label them Field Textures - Omzy, Field Textures - yarLrson, Field Textures - satsuki.
I appreciate the quick response. Loving the 2nd field pack so its good to know i dont need the first one. Makes sense why part one is double the size, it has two versions in it.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #69 on: 2017-01-06 08:18:00 »
...The satsuki textures are 3.3GB because of the IRO compression...

Witch compressor use IRO ?
I use 7-z LZMA solid archive with 128kb dic to have the smallest possible size but your compression is about 25% smaller.
are you doing some sort of color reduction or it is pure compression ?

Thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2017-01-06 08:25:00 »
I don't know what compressor it uses. Iros made the 7th Heaven tool, so you can try asking him, but he's disappeared for awhile now.

EDIT: I have loaded a game with your mod folder imported into 7H, and compared it to an IRO imported into 7H and there is no visual quality loss that I can notice. Now that I thought about it, I forgot...When I use the pack/unpack tool in 7H, we can choose different options for packing. With any texture mod, I always choose "No compression" so that they keep their truest quality. What happens with the 25% smaller size, I'm still not sure :|
« Last Edit: 2017-01-06 10:04:21 by EQ2Alyza »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #71 on: 2017-01-06 17:33:51 »
It can be visualy loseless but transcoded too (I think about it because solid LZMA is the best compressor i know so far)
The only way to be 100% sure that the files aren't modified is to do a checksum (md5, sha-1....) of the original files then of the extracted files.
If the checksum is bad then the files have been altered.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2017-01-06 20:50:08 »
It can be visualy loseless but transcoded too (I think about it because solid LZMA is the best compressor i know so far)
The only way to be 100% sure that the files aren't modified is to do a checksum (md5, sha-1....) of the original files then of the extracted files.
If the checksum is bad then the files have been altered.

Satsuki is it possible to do Waifu Upscale on ff8 backgrounds? Project Eden is much better than vanilla, but I don't think it's perfect.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #73 on: 2017-01-07 06:02:51 »
It may be possible but i won't do it, it's a lots of works and i don't realy like FF8

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2017-01-07 07:50:14 »
It may be possible but i won't do it, it's a lots of works and i don't realy like FF8

How could you!?   :-D
On a side note the dressing room in the Honeybee  Inn has a problem with its door. The red of it is black when the door is closed.

@EQ2Alyza
Does the remove the light layer batch file exist somewhere?