Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3027209 times)

damerell

• View Profile
I can confirm this music bug. Happened to me 5 - 6 times on a 70h playthrough, and only when I was using the speed change (select+square), never happened on normal speed. But only at R06 for now, didn't happen for R06c (but I haven't played much).
Likewise; I've once had two lots of music playing after a battle.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
you've all convinced me.  it's real.  I'll run through some tesrs but replicating this won't be easy.  how often does it happen and is it always when speed is increased

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
For who is playing Reunion 06c and had my same questions/issues please see below.
I thought was fine to share and help:

1) I dunno how to add my favourite mod :c
Simply download your favourite mod, per example let's download any remastered field and copy paste all the field folders in The_Reunion, CUSTOM, yourmodname, Texture, field
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\field
then go in The Reunion folder and open Options.ini make sure you write this right Mod_ID = yourmodname
save it and play the game.

Now the above you can apply for any other textures or mod, per example:
-Avatars goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\menu
-Prelude screen goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\cr
-etc.

2) I dunhave numpad, pointer is not moving, got a problem with input/keyboard, cannot start teh game :c
Simply download this file and place it in your FFVII root folder. Not yet working? Well then play with joystick.

3) My mod it's in .iro format I dunno what to do :c
Simply download IroNite and extract the files with it, now you can place and use the mod as mentioned above in point 1.

4) My Upscaled Magic textures aren't loading, I dunno what to do :c
Simply place these files "SEFFECT1, SEFFECT2, SEFFECT3, RAIN7" into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\battle
Instead for the subfolders such as "blue, limit, limit2, limit3, magic, special, summon, weapon" into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\magic
then go in The Reunion folder and open Options.ini make sure you write this right Mod_ID = yourmodname

5) Screen tearing issue - to be modified
WIP... ( https://dailytechposts.com/screen-tearing-fixed/ ) - ( https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/114598-borderless-windowed-mode-forced-fullscreen-script-toggle/ )

6) I downloaded the translation in my language, I don't know how to use it :c
Simply go in:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition EN\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation
Rename New_Translation in New_Translation_Eng (to have a backup) then proceed with moving the translation in your language inside the aforementioned folder and ensure name will be New_Translation; as well make sure that the option New Translation is on y (yes) inside your Options.ini file.
However note that the Translation in your language should have a proper R06c porting created by the modder to be compatible with Reunion otherwise it's useless. Save Options.ini and play.

-Please note if you changed translation in your language certain files should be moved to following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition EN\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\menu
The above it's for the avatar for example.

Nicely done, I was about to come and ask where to put the mod files, but I got it working thanks to this post.  I also realized that I only had satsuke's mod half working before and didnt realize it until just now, everything looks even better now

I also would like to confirm the machine gunning bug with 60 frame battles on (on Barret, on Scorpion, and on ememies)  sometimes the audio is gone, or sometimes the flash is gone

Also, while I was doing some testing with starting a new game, I noticed the beginning music when you hop off the train is missing only when I skip the intro. (with 60 frame battles on OR off)
If I let the intro movie play out it doesnt seem to happen though, but happens most of the time for me when i skip the intro, sometimes the music comes back after the first battle, and sometimes it doesnt, kinda weird... But now i just let the whole intro play and never have any problems

Seriously though, I'm so $#%*ing stoked to go through the game now, time to make a sizable donation... thanks brah
« Last Edit: 2020-02-22 19:59:55 by Orichalcon »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Ok i have unpacked the iro, but from there i don't know what to do since I've tried putting the files in the direct hext and menu folders on the Global folder, but it doesn't seem to be working :/ I'm not good with modding the game manualy realy so I'm a bit lost. I also would like to keep the shiny materia and colored item icons if possible... Sorry if I'm being a bother u.u

read the post i quoted, the original post is on page 220, I was in the same boat as you a few hours ago, most of the files go in a subdirectory of Custom, and when extracted the files are usually in a folder with the same name of the folder it needs to be in under Custom, just make sure you dont double stack folders I.E.  .../Custom/battle/battle/<mod files>  there should only be 1 battle, not 2 in a row
« Last Edit: 2020-02-22 18:36:13 by Orichalcon »

Idubaren

• View Profile
read the post i quoted, the original post is on page 220, I was in the same boat as you a few hours ago, most of the files go in a subdirectory of Custom, and when extracted the files are usually in a folder with the same name of the folder it needs to be in under Custom, just make sure you dont double stack folders I.E.  .../Custom/battle/battle/<mod files>  there should only be 1 battle, not 2 in a row

I'm trying to do that, is just that I just can't find the folder I have to put the thin bars and the option of shiny materia and colored icons into :/

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Solved. Updated the post.

vogonp42

• View Profile
I found a bug where Barrett gets stuck.  It occurs when the party is at the upper level of Hojo's lab in the Shinra building.  Upon attempting to approach Aerith, Barrett gets stuck on one of the stairs and does not move.  I don't know if this is an issue with the original or is a product of the reunion.   

JabbaJabba

• View Profile
For who is playing Reunion 06c and had my same questions/issues please see below.
I thought was fine to share and help:

1) I dunno how to add my favourite mod :c
Simply download your favourite mod, per example let's download any remastered field and copy paste all the field folders in The_Reunion, CUSTOM, yourmodname, Texture, field
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\field

Now the above you can apply for any other textures or mod, per example:
-Avatars goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\menu
-Prelude screen goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\cr
-Thinbars (from Menu_Enhanced_Stock_UI_1.0) goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\menu
-etc.

2) I dunhave numpad, pointer is not moving, got a problem with input/keyboard, cannot start teh game :c
Simply download this file and place it in your FFVII root folder. Not yet working? Well then play with joystick.

3) My mod it's in .iro format I dunno what to do :c
Simply download IroNite and extract the files with it, now you can place and use the mod as mentioned above in point 1.

4) My Upscaled Magic textures aren't loading, I dunno what to do :c
Simply place these files "SEFFECT1, SEFFECT2, SEFFECT3, RAIN7" into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\battle
Instead for the subfolders such as "blue, limit, limit2, limit3, magic, special, summon, weapon" into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\magic

5) Screen tearing issue - to be modified
WIP... ( https://dailytechposts.com/screen-tearing-fixed/ ) - ( https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/114598-borderless-windowed-mode-forced-fullscreen-script-toggle/ )

6) I downloaded the translation in my language, I don't know how to use it :c
Simply go in:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition EN\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation
Rename New_Translation in New_Translation_Eng (to have a backup) then proceed with moving the translation in your language inside the aforementioned folder and ensure name will be New_Translation; as well make sure that the option New Translation is on y (yes) inside your Options.ini file.
However note that the Translation in your language should have a proper R06c porting created by the modder to be compatible with Reunion otherwise it's useless. Save Options.ini and play.

-Please note if you changed translation in your language certain files should be moved to following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition EN\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\menu
The above it's for the avatar for example.

I'm following your instructions to try and install satsuki's various upscale textures, but I'm not seeing any changes in-game. I converted the .iro files to .png files, then I extracted the "battle", "fields", "magic", and "world" folders (the ones with the .png files in them) to FINAL FANTASY VII -> The_Reunion -> Custom -> satsuki -> Texture directory. I then went into the Options.ini and changed Mod_ID = NONE to Mod_ID = satsuki. I felt like I did everything right, but clearly I must have done something wrong. Am I missing something?

skyhawk

• View Profile
I think I found a minor bug with the scene-skip function.

In the Honeybee Manor, if you view the lower-right room [Fantasy King Shin-Ra], and skip the scene, you'll return to the field in front of the upper-right room, and if you then view that room it's the same Fantasy King Shin-Ra.

Obviously, you should be returned to the field in front of the lower-right room, and the upper right room should still be Reeve's parents?

Handy-dandy savefile for verification

skyhawk

• View Profile
I found a bug where Barrett gets stuck.  It occurs when the party is at the upper level of Hojo's lab in the Shinra building.  Upon attempting to approach Aerith, Barrett gets stuck on one of the stairs and does not move.  I don't know if this is an issue with the original or is a product of the reunion.   
This was an issue in previous release, Reunion R06. It should be (and is, for me) fixed in the current R06c release. Please confirm which you're running?

skyhawk

• View Profile
I'm following your instructions to try and install satsuki's various upscale textures, but I'm not seeing any changes in-game. I converted the .iro files to .png files, then I extracted the "battle", "fields", "magic", and "world" folders (the ones with the .png files in them) to FINAL FANTASY VII -> The_Reunion -> Custom -> satsuki -> Texture directory. I then went into the Options.ini and changed Mod_ID = NONE to Mod_ID = satsuki. I felt like I did everything right, but clearly I must have done something wrong. Am I missing something?
It's a bid fiddly, complicated by all the metadata and directories for Seventh Heaven. Completely ignore directories with names starting with Upper Case, those are metadata for Seventh Heaven. Worry only about the files and subdirectories within those directories.

As memory serves,
Battle
  the contents of battle\ [lower-case b] go into YourModName\Texture\battle
Magics
  the files in the root, rain7_00.png, seffect* go into YourModName\Texture\battle
  the files in magic\ go into YourModName\Texture\magic
  the directories in magic\ff7\data\battle go into YourModName\Texture\magic
  You should have a directory tree that looks like
    YourModName\Texture\magic\magic\
    YourModName\Texture\magic\limit\
    ... etc
Fields
  the contents of char\ and field\ go into their respective directories within YourModName\Texture\
World
  the contents of world\ go into YourModName\Texture\world
Movies
  All these files go into YourModName\Direct\movies

Isuldor

• View Profile
<removed>
« Last Edit: 2020-02-24 17:20:21 by Isuldor »

Idubaren

• View Profile
Solved. Updated the post.

honestly. Only partially solved. We got it to work for both dialog and battle boxes. However, the limit break box still draws outside of the thin borders. Then for it to work on the main menu outside of battle I had to use the option of "Enhanced stock" from Enhanced Menu extracted from the Iro. However, this caused a lot of problems like misalignment with the font, and the menu boxes weren't where they're supposed to be and as I don't know manual modding I could not fix these issues that 7h seems to have no problem with on its own.

I'm sorry to say I give up on this as much as I love the idea of playing a properly translated game, even if it's not on my birth language, which I don't mind, and with the battle feels of the psx game. I guess I got too used to the thin bars from Menu Overhaul and the minimalist battle menu it had that allowed me to see the whole battle scene, too bad that mod is dead now and that I can't get this to work as I wanted. Keep up the great work tho, guys, you're doing an awesome mod pack and everything worked perfectly together, just my tweaks and customization were worthless. Have a good day and I'll keep checking on this posts to see how it develops ^^

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Yea that it's probably because it's not being worked out for Reunion, modder should provide Reunion compatible version.

BTW DLPB correct me if I'm wrong, I'm unable to deactivate the transparency in the battle with New Translation ON while with New Translation OFF i'm able to. Is it on purpose? If yes, is there a way?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
i actually stole your idea and took the "thinbars" folder from the Iro file you mentioned and put the picture files in menu and its working for me flawlessly, i also made sure to put the .txt file that was under hext to the direct/hext folder (not sure if that is needed or not)

...but yeah, i got the thin bars and nothing is overlapping or out of place, looks great

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Transparency is a permanent mandatory feature of New Translation.  Is there some reason for wanting it turned off?  I can probably look into showing you how to do so if it's really needed.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Oh, that's why. It's personal taste, that would be helpful DLPB.

Edit: on top of that if a person want transparency deactivated everywhere, this person would assume that  goes off in battle as well which is not ATM.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-28 07:42:35 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It would but then we're going to get requests for every small thing,  At moment, it's not a priority but I'll look into it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
i actually stole your idea and took the "thinbars" folder from the Iro file you mentioned and put the picture files in menu and its working for me flawlessly, i also made sure to put the .txt file that was under hext to the direct/hext folder (not sure if that is needed or not)

Do not add hext files unless you know what you're doing.  You're asking for trouble.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I think I found a minor bug with the scene-skip function.

In the Honeybee Manor, if you view the lower-right room [Fantasy King Shin-Ra], and skip the scene, you'll return to the field in front of the upper-right room, and if you then view that room it's the same Fantasy King Shin-Ra.

Obviously, you should be returned to the field in front of the lower-right room, and the upper right room should still be Reeve's parents?

Handy-dandy savefile for verification
I already spotted this but had no time to correct.  Thanks for the report.

Idubaren

• View Profile
Do not add hext files unless you know what you're doing.  You're asking for trouble.

This ^^^^^^ So true!

That's why I am unable to get it to work with the Main Menu of the game, because unless you change the main menu it won't be affected by the thin bars or any png modifications you put in the "texture/menu" folder, and this will only work on dialog and battle boxes. And I did say I'm not good with manual modding, well I rephrase it, I'm not even a noob on it, always install mods with mod managers

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Is anyone else not getting achievements while playing? I was supposed to have gotten the 1st limit break achievements for Cloud, Barret and Tifa as well as the complete your first battle achievement. I thought this mod didn't break achievements?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've added the following to Q and A just now:

Q. Why aren't achievements working?
A. The Reunion bypasses Steam code and anything Steam related is removed.  This is not something that can be resolved.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Holy crap. Can I still get achievements if I just replay the game with the mod turned off?
(Also, I saw multiple posts on Steam forums from people who said they still got achievements with the mod on. Are they referring to a previous version or something?)
« Last Edit: 2020-02-23 21:43:14 by DBZFan102 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
They're probably referring to ancient versions.  Since R06 the above has been the case.  Of course you can turn off The Reunion - see help file.