Author Topic: new zack and sephiroth mod  (Read 26890 times)

murak

new zack and sephiroth mod
« on: 2007-04-18 12:29:04 »
Would anyone be interested in a mod where you can choose to play as zack or sephiroth instead of a ordinary character?
I'm half working on "Murak's sephiroth/ zack mod" (two separate downloads) and I was wondering if anyone would show interest in this.
 It could be uploaded to filefront at any time.
weapons mod download here.
http://files.filefront.com/weapons_modzip/;7300553;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: 2007-04-21 13:37:14 by murak »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
Re: new zack and sephiroth mod
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-18 13:36:06 »
I'm interested in both, but can we choose which character to be replaced by zack? Do you intend to make limits break working for sephiroth (or do you think it's possible) ?  :-)

murak

« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-18 14:00:55 »
Oh, in each download, you will find a zip of the replacement folders, (there will be 9 sub folders in each mod folder, with the correct replacement files for cloud, barret, tifa, aerith, red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent and Cid) and just move the items in each replacement folder to the correct area and voilà! the character will be replaced with zack/sephiroth.
Not sure if I explained it well, but if anyone didn't understand what I meant, just ask or PM me.
The limit breaks are kept the same, but I could take on jobs to change limits breaks.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that you could choose to replace the proper sephiroth with the person sephiroth replaced.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-18 15:19:41 by murak »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-18 15:11:59 »
oki doki! Do you have any screens for us ?  :-D

murak

« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-18 15:46:59 »
Sure. Here's some field models when cloud is sephiroth and tifa is zack.

Sorry about the blank faces, but for some reason when I play FF7PC on the downstairs PC, there are black areas and blank faces.  :?
« Last Edit: 2007-04-18 16:36:39 by murak »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-18 18:39:28 »
Haha It's definitely interesting, but I just keep thinking about how WEIRD it would be if Sephiroth was Cloud and Zack was Tifa, and their weird love story...

murak

« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-18 19:07:13 »
I was considering having the Yuffie date with sephiroth as Yuffie and zack as cloud, sephiroth would kiss zack. :-)
I'm also working on making Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo the turks. Does anyone like the idea of that?
« Last Edit: 2007-04-18 19:33:00 by murak »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-18 21:59:12 »
If there is already Sephiroth (in KH version ) then no need of his 3 weak clones ... And there is no geostigma in FFVII ...
Also , why are your models so dark? Or maybe it's just Zack and Sephi don't know.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-18 23:18:32 »
Well i think the whole mod is spoze to be sort of silly with a nice change from your regular characters, I like the idea of those three as the turks but the question is who would be elana :lol:..

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-19 07:09:45 »
Nice one, maybe we can team up?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5921.0

murak

« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-19 07:18:13 »
Kadaj=reno, Loz=rude and elenia=Yazoo. I think it matches perfectly. :-)
Sorry Dje, didn't see your question. It's just the monitor setting of the downstairs PC. Don't ask me why, and I did turn off the enable lightling.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 07:50:03 by murak »

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-04-19 09:12:16 »
For those of us that a n00bs with LGP Tools, maybe you can explain which files belong to which character?  I can unpack all the archives, but then I'm just not sure what files to replace because I'm not sure what character belongs to the files.  Other than that, this mod is pretty awesome.  I always thought it would be cool to have Zack replace Vincent, but use Cloud's battle animations, and Vincent's limits.  To me, since Vincent changes to a different model during his limits, then the animation wouldn't be messed up like Sephiroth's are during Cloud's limits.  Keep up the great work!

murak

« Reply #12 on: 2007-04-19 09:34:17 »
Okay, for the only replacement folder that I uploaded, (vincent for those not in the know) you just need to move the contents of the char and battle into the extracted char and battle folders before making a new lgp file (backing up is recommended.), and then put the lgp file inside the menu and simply replace it with your lgp one in your menu.(i already changed vincents icon with zack, all credit for that goes to Dje for making my avatars work in game) When I upload the more complete one, you will just have to either replace your lgps with mine, or mix and match with only 3 folders, tops. (meaning you will have to create your own, or use the pre chosen one.)
Anyway, I'm making some sceenshots of vincent to show you that he does work.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 09:56:00 by murak »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-04-19 09:47:11 »
(i already changed vincents icon with zack, all credit for that goes to Dje for making my avatars work in game) When I upload the more complete one, you will just have to either replace your lgps with mine, or mix and match with only 3 folders, tops. (meaning you will have to create your own, or use the pre chosen one.)
Anyway, I took some sceenshots of vincent to show you that he does work.

Thank you  :-)
Did you upload a new , more complete mod ? I 'll check right now anyway

murak

« Reply #14 on: 2007-04-19 10:18:19 »
Okay. Here are they screenshots I told you about.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the "death of sephiroth by the hands of aerith? I'm trying to make her monologue, but I can't find that bit of the game in the flevel.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 10:22:55 by murak »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-04-19 10:52:35 »
Hey nice idea, but that mod has already been done, ice_cold513 released a sephiroth mod already.
Besides including zack, i made a mod like this last time having zack, cloud and sephiroth, exept i formated my comp and lost all my work, but it can be redone, fairly easy to make a mod like this.

(fast easy steps for battle)

If you wanted Sephiroth as the main character, all you do is open up hex editor, search for CLOUD.DAT and change the name to CEFIROS.DAT
which then would replace the battle models in game, cloud to sephiroth.
2nd step is to find clouds battle animation "rtab" make a copy and rename it to "saab" which is sephiroths battle animation, so that the limit break would work.

Do the same steps for which other characters you want to change in battle.
If you wanted cloud, sephiroth and zack in battle, just change the hi-res cloud to zack and change the name of which ever character you want to replace with zack. (if that made any sence, sorry guys im really tired today and i cbf with hw ==)

As for field models, just use kimera, im all sure you know how to use, if not read FAQ: How to build FF7PC Models (by Borde) ---> http://www.webamedida.com/~borde/How%20to%20build%20models%20for%20FF7PC.rar

TEXT changing:
To change the name to zack, sephiroth or whatever name you want it to be, use these programs "Loveless" or "cosmo", i won't explain in detail, in cosmo goto tools/search/replace tools and search in the name of the character, then replace it with the name you want.

blahh i'll explain it better and rewrite it up next time, right now i'm jsut so dam sleepy.

Sorry about the blank faces, but for some reason when I play FF7PC on the downstairs PC, there are black areas and blank faces.
It's becasue, you did not add texture to the .p
Just open up the head of cloud .rsd file in notepad, which is AAAF.rsd

should show somthing like this:

@RSD940102
PLY=aaba.PLY
MAT=aaba.MAT
GRP=aaba.GRP
NTEX=1 ( this is how many tex used)
TEX[0]=name of tex here.TIM

If you read bordes faq, it should explain clearly there. i'm just getting lazy here :D

« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 11:02:27 by weeemus »

murak

« Reply #16 on: 2007-04-19 11:09:22 »
I knew about all of that. I was just too lazy to do that type of stuff for the downstairs PC.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-04-19 11:24:41 »
Hey nice idea, but that mod has already been done, ice_cold513 released a sephiroth mod already.
Besides including zack, i made a mod like this last time having zack, cloud and sephiroth, exept i formated my comp and lost all my work, but it can be redone, fairly easy to make a mod like this.

(fast easy steps for battle)

If you wanted Sephiroth as the main character, all you do is open up hex editor, search for CLOUD.DAT and change the name to CEFIROS.DAT
which then would replace the battle models in game, cloud to sephiroth.
2nd step is to find clouds battle animation "rtab" make a copy and rename it to "saab" which is sephiroths battle animation, so that the limit break would work.

Do the same steps for which other characters you want to change in battle.
If you wanted cloud, sephiroth and zack in battle, just change the hi-res cloud to zack and change the name of which ever character you want to replace with zack. (if that made any sence, sorry guys im really tired today and i cbf with hw ==)
blahh i'll explain it better and rewrite it up next time, right now i'm jsut so dam sleepy.

Wow very interesting and teahed me alot! thank you  :-)

murak

« Reply #18 on: 2007-04-21 05:54:33 »
How about this? the diamond weapon is cloud, the ruby weapon is tifa and the emerald weapon is barret. Here are some screens of diamond.

When I finished the emerald weapon, I'll post some screenshots. I can put up a download link at the first post if anyone wants it.

Leiw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-04-21 06:32:20 »
lol funny stuff

thanks for sharing

murak

« Reply #20 on: 2007-04-21 06:55:30 »
want a download link? if 1 person says yes, I'll whip up one up.
does anyone still want the zack/sephiroth one?
« Last Edit: 2007-04-21 07:00:37 by murak »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-04-21 09:08:14 »
want a download link? if 1 person says yes, I'll whip up one up.
does anyone still want the zack/sephiroth one?
Well don't try too hard, just make one thing at a time, one thing that pleases you.
As for myself, the idea of weapons instead of main char is funny, and interesting technically ( i don't even manage to make a simple cloud head change to work ingame) , but i won't use it.
Zack was interesting, but i like alot vincent ... And i would prefer to have a high KH1 quality cloud instead of a medium quality Zack. Also i thought of importing Squall too (From KH2 ) ...
And sephiroth , hum as said ice cold posted one a while before, but it has severe limitations as it is not compatible with The Saint High Res Patch...  :cry:

So do as you want guy, you know my personal goal much better than anyone here  :-)

murak

« Reply #22 on: 2007-04-21 11:47:17 »
I've finished tifa and barret as their respective weapon, but I'm wondering who to make the other people. Any ideas? oh, when I uploaded the "weapons mod" I'll put up a download link. I'll do that later today.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-04-21 16:40:38 »
I've finished tifa and barret as their respective weapon, but I'm wondering who to make the other people. Any ideas? oh, when I uploaded the "weapons mod" I'll put up a download link. I'll do that later today.

Remember to put a readme with instructions too  :-)

murak

« Reply #24 on: 2007-04-21 17:52:07 »
I forgot to include a read me, so check the comments for the read me.
I don't know how to word a readme well, so i'll change it from comments on it here.
Readme

instructions, copy and paste the correct items into the correct folder before creating a new lgp file with the updated models.

History

version 1, cloud converted into the diamond weapon for the field and battle.

version 2, tifa and barret changed into their respective weapon for the field and battle. (tifa is the ruby weapon and barret is the emerald weapon.)

Future of this mod,
I hope to create a modified FF7PC with the weapons and other famous monsters instead of the normal FF7 characters.