Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836930 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10675 on: 2021-02-16 22:38:03 »
Question about Yuffie's Innate - I'm in the Gongaga area fighting the the Heavy Tank monster - drops 1300 gil normally, does the innate double gil not kick in for single monster battles ? Grinding some exp AP and gil and have yet to see anything other than 1300 drop post battle.

Thanks in advance!
-Web

The gil thing was retired, it wasn't reliably increasing gil. The new one is Throwlette; when it charges up, use Defend and she'll use a no-cost Throw command using one of her shurikens at random (thrown weapon isn't consumed).

Rushiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: 2021-02-17 16:03:32 »
Hi

Created an account just to discuss this quest with you lol. I have found the same 2 clues that you have in your youtube videos (both myself lol) I think youre right about the lucky pill, my thought on the location 'sealed in a buried rock' is in the gi cave, the small nook you go into and you break it open to reveal an enemy maybe is it a spectral enemy?? I am on disc 3 and even save editor returns me here with the 'seal' already opened. Just an idea what are your thoughts?

Took a little bit of a break from searching. ^^
That's a good idea. I realized later that returning to cave of Gi doesn't give you the same enemies on disc 3. I'll search around, since I kept every single one of my saves so I can just loop around to any place I've been without save editors.
I keep thinking that all the places are unrevisitable areas, and that the secrets are in order of appearance,but between corel prison and whirlwind maze is first Cave of Gi and second temple of the ancients. But that doesn't really line up with my first thoughts, because that would mean that Cave of Gi is the forgotten in a house(kinda hard), and Temple of the Ancients is the Sealed in buried rock, (which is possible, i talked about it in a comment lol). Also someone told me about the shinra mayor floor for the key cards thing. One of the floors is a warehouse in the building. I dazed a lots of enemies but didnt get anything. I even dazed the curator lol. Anyway if you see a different house such as a WAREhouse or any other type of house, keep that in mind, could be play on words.

As for the lucky pill,even tho im not exactly sure, jumping around my abundance of saves, i didnt have one as i entered cave of gi. I'll keep looking. It's gonna turn up eventually. but its very time consuming to just go through everything.
Sorry for late response. I'll most likely connect with u faster if u post on youtube because i get notifications on my phone there. best of luck.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-17 16:07:04 by Rushiryu »

Njord

• Smith, Shooter, Nerd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: 2021-02-19 19:37:49 »
Not sure this is the correct place to praise, but please move if needed :)
Warning; This will get very soppy and cliché.

Just wanted to give my sincerest thanx and appreciation to SegaChief, for creating (with aaaall the different and time-consuming things that include) and writing(?) such an awesome mod.

Imagine the feeling you get when you are able to go back to one, if not the, most cherished and happy memory of your childhood. A childhood that had some damn good memories to compete with.
And to finally experience all the amazing choices/presentations in all the new, funny and heart-wrenching stuff that is our beloved FFVII. To laugh out loud from Barret's "upfrontness" and drive. Red's dry/sarcastic/pragmatic humor. The adorable innocence of Aerith and her endless curiousity and love for everything/everyone. Tifa's longing for Cloud and his wellbeing. Cid's journey from possibly a wife/woman-beater (atleast a verbal one) into something much more different and better. Yuffie's pathological decieving, selfishness, ignorance, immaturity and seeing her grow the first seed to mature and understand. Vincent's stoic mysticism along with his heart-wrenching sorrow. The incredibly
Spoiler: show
tear-jerking moment when the torned Cat Shit turn from traitor to saviour of not just the day, but the whole world
by his actions.
To give someone the possibility to do that, and in such a new and intresting way like this... I just really cant find the words on how much it mean to us passionate people. And especially me, that longed/hoped for an official remake for 18 long and doubtful years.

I'm just a simple, struggling industrial smith, and I'm not sure I can contribute in very worthwile ways, but I really implore you SegaChief to reach out and tell me if there is anything. Anything at all, that would make your life easier, or what you would need for your projects.
Thats the least I could offer since both the official FFVIIR and your New Threat really helped me though a horrible time.
From the inner-most place in my old grey heart; Thank you <3

« Last Edit: 2021-02-26 07:10:50 by Njord »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: 2021-02-20 00:40:13 »
If I missed comet earlier, do I need to black chocobo that in? Hmm wonder how I didn't see it or where it was
« Last Edit: 2021-02-20 01:07:58 by Webbhead08 »

pedro1427

• View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: 2021-02-20 14:54:10 »
Hey Sega Chief
Where is the 8th 1/35 soldier at? I looked in the item placement doc for it's location but I got an elixir instead. I am on disk 2 if that makes a difference?
Thanks for the reply about the Wutai issues  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10680 on: 2021-02-21 04:19:11 »
Not sure this is the correct place to praise, but please move if needed :)
Soppy and cliché warning been made.

Just wanted to give my sincerest thanx and appreciation to SegaChief, for creating (with aaaall the different and time-consuming things that include) and writing(?) such an awesome mod.

Imagine the feeling you get when you are able to go back to one, if not the, most cherished and happy memory of your childhood. A childhood that had some damn good competition of what that might've been.
And to finally experienced amazing choices/presentations in all the new, funny and heart-wrenching stuff that is our beloved FFVII. To laugh out loud from Barret's "upfrontness" and drive, Red's dry/sarcastic/pragmatic humor, the adorable innocence of Aerith and her endless curiousity and love, Tifa's longing for Cloud and his wellbeing, torned CID's journey from a possible wife/woman-beater (if not verbal one) into a space-visitor and something much more different and better, Yuffie's pathological decieving and seeing her mature, Vincent's stoic mysticism along with his heart-wrenching sorrow, the _incredibly_ tear-jerking moment when Cat Shit turnes from traitor to saviour of not just the day, but the whole world by his actions.
To give someone the possibility to do that, and in a new and intresting way like this... I just really cant find the words on how much it mean to us passionate people. And especially me, that longed/hoped for the official remake for 18 long and doubtful years.

I'm just a simple, struggling and poor industrial smith, and I'm not sure I can contribute in much worthwile ways, but I really implore you SegaChief to reach out and tell me if there is anything. Anything at all that would make your life easier, or what you would need for your projects.
Thats the least I could offer since both the official FFVIIR and your New Threat really helped me though a horrible time.
From the inner-most place in my old grey heart; Thank you <3

Cheers, bud; it was fun putting the new build of the mod together. I think I went a bit too far in places but it is what it is.

You mentioned going through a horrible time; hope things are going better for you now.

If I missed comet earlier, do I need to black chocobo that in? Hmm wonder how I didn't see it or where it was

Comet was sitting in the Whirlwind Maze (think it's either closer to the Save Point or it's in Neo-Bahamut's spot). In any case, a few people have reported missing it now so I need to move it somewhere. I could maybe place it as a drop when Schizo is beaten, or perhaps in one of the chests on the route instead. I'll also add a failsafe location after whirlwind maze so that it can be grabbed that way if missed.

For the time being though, if it's been missed you'll need a save editor I'm afraid. Sorry about that.

Hey Sega Chief
Where is the 8th 1/35 soldier at? I looked in the item placement doc for it's location but I got an elixir instead. I am on disk 2 if that makes a difference?
Thanks for the reply about the Wutai issues  :)

For the submarine minigame, I think each 'level' has its own unique one-off prize. The 1.35 soldier is for what I think is the last one. What I would do is, try beating each Submarine level and you should get it along with the other stuff (Dragon Scales, M-tentacles, and a Cauldron).

dxwing

• View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: 2021-02-22 03:56:01 »
I just finished my NT 2.0 run and registered to express my gratitude towards the creator of this mod

i don't have good memories from the first time i finished ff7, the game after Aerith's death was just a chore, but this mod not only refreshed the playtrough (and challenged me a lot more) but allowed me to finish the game with my favourite party (Cloud, Aerith, Vincent) from start to finish and that made me enjoy the game sooo much more.
it made me want to fight the weapons this time instead of skipping them, the bosses in the materia caves were a very hard challenge, the SP system added a lot of diversity in the cast that i didn't know they needed. It is without a doubt a better ff7 experience

so that's it, no bug reports, no questions i just wanted to say thank you for this amazing work

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: 2021-02-22 15:37:01 »
I just finished my NT 2.0 run and registered to express my gratitude towards the creator of this mod

i don't have good memories from the first time i finished ff7, the game after Aerith's death was just a chore, but this mod not only refreshed the playtrough (and challenged me a lot more) but allowed me to finish the game with my favourite party (Cloud, Aerith, Vincent) from start to finish and that made me enjoy the game sooo much more.
it made me want to fight the weapons this time instead of skipping them, the bosses in the materia caves were a very hard challenge, the SP system added a lot of diversity in the cast that i didn't know they needed. It is without a doubt a better ff7 experience

so that's it, no bug reports, no questions i just wanted to say thank you for this amazing work

Cheers, man; I'm surprised you didn't hit any bugs though (plenty of those in the current build; the battle music toggle turned out to be completely busted).

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: 2021-02-22 22:36:50 »
So I'm on disc 3 collecting ultimate weapons and final limits... and am a little confused by the docs:

W-Attack - Sacred Cave
X-Attack(4x) - Kalm Traveller

I got the W-attack materia just now but is there *also the quadra cut materia?
 Kalm Traveler doesn't say that's what he will exchange for the rare items.

Thanks as always!
Web

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: 2021-02-23 08:46:28 »
So I'm on disc 3 collecting ultimate weapons and final limits... and am a little confused by the docs:

W-Attack - Sacred Cave
X-Attack(4x) - Kalm Traveller

I got the W-attack materia just now but is there *also the quadra cut materia?
 Kalm Traveler doesn't say that's what he will exchange for the rare items.

Thanks as always!
Web

Yeah they were separated out onto their own Materia. W-Attack is 2x-cut, and X-Attack is 4x-Cut; Kalm Traveller should give X-Attack (along with some other stuff like Core Materia) once he has all 3 items (Desert Rose, Earth Harp, and a Guidebook).

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: 2021-02-23 15:06:18 »
Can you play 2.0.94 in conjunction with 7th heaven mod? If installed as 'a hard-patch of the game's files' then using the other 7th heaven mods but not stacking NT again ?

Also forgot where to turn in 1/35th soldiers... doh
« Last Edit: 2021-02-23 19:33:21 by Webbhead08 »

pedro1427

• View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: 2021-02-23 16:43:21 »
After hunting for the 1/35th soldiers all game, I think I have missed one out AGES ago in the Prison. I take it that it is now lost forever since I cannot get back in there?? Your notes suggest I am missing out on something cool? What is it?

tiny_spark

• View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: 2021-02-23 21:12:23 »
I'm playing 1.5 and I am in the dark cave. I entered the sewer through Don Corneo's but I am stuck. There's a car in the way that I can't move or interact with and it is blocking the only path forward and I can't go back up the chute.

I went to an earlier save and climbed up the wall to get to shinra headquarters and beat
Hojo and the other boss there
which kicked me out and now I can't get back in. The characters I didn't meet aren't selectable.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-23 21:45:43 by tiny_spark »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: 2021-02-23 22:35:12 »
Can you play 2.0.94 in conjunction with 7th heaven mod? If installed as 'a hard-patch of the game's files' then using the other 7th heaven mods but not stacking NT again ?

Also forgot where to turn in 1/35th soldiers... doh

Yeah there should be an IRO for it; when installing 7th Heaven it comes with 3 catalog links pre-installed that should get access to it. Otherwise, download the standalone IRO from front of this thread and import it. I would recommend reverting your files back to vanilla and reinstalling the game before going with a 7th Heaven install though.

1/35 turn in is in Mythril Mines (the back room close to where you met the Turks).

After hunting for the 1/35th soldiers all game, I think I have missed one out AGES ago in the Prison. I take it that it is now lost forever since I cannot get back in there?? Your notes suggest I am missing out on something cool? What is it?

It's a special Plus Materia; you can get it by adding Underwater Materia to your inventory using a save editor if you want to check it out.

I'm playing 1.5 and I am in the dark cave. I entered the sewer through Don Corneo's but I am stuck. There's a car in the way that I can't move or interact with and it is blocking the only path forward and I can't go back up the chute.

I went to an earlier save and climbed up the wall to get to shinra headquarters and beat
Hojo and the other boss there
which kicked me out and now I can't get back in. The characters I didn't meet aren't selectable.

I thought I'd fixed that, but it sounds like it's still busted; where did you get NT 1.5 from? I think on NGPlus.net (and maybe the Qhimm Gameplay Catalog, unsure) those versions are behind the current 1.5 build. If it was from there, then I would try downloading the 1.5 build from this thread. If the version you're using is from this thread, then I'll get it fixed up and reupload it.

The issue is to do with a bad decision I made to try and replace the 'set character to unavailable' state with 'lock character in PHS' because it unequips all Materia and people were saying they lost Materia if they had too much in reserve to take what was being unequipped.

tiny_spark

• View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: 2021-02-24 14:12:30 »
I thought I'd fixed that, but it sounds like it's still busted; where did you get NT 1.5 from? I think on NGPlus.net (and maybe the Qhimm Gameplay Catalog, unsure) those versions are behind the current 1.5 build. If it was from there, then I would try downloading the 1.5 build from this thread. If the version you're using is from this thread, then I'll get it fixed up and reupload it.

The issue is to do with a bad decision I made to try and replace the 'set character to unavailable' state with 'lock character in PHS' because it unequips all Materia and people were saying they lost Materia if they had too much in reserve to take what was being unequipped.

This was the problem. I was using the NGPlus version and using the link in the OP seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your fast response and for your hard work and dedication to this mod, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed playing it.

One more question: is Omnislash only supposed to do 1 damage per hit? Is there something else I need to do in-game to let it do damage?
« Last Edit: 2021-02-24 14:18:21 by tiny_spark »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: 2021-02-25 09:35:18 »
This was the problem. I was using the NGPlus version and using the link in the OP seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your fast response and for your hard work and dedication to this mod, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed playing it.

One more question: is Omnislash only supposed to do 1 damage per hit? Is there something else I need to do in-game to let it do damage?

That doesn't sound right, Omnislash should be dealing damage; I'll check into the .exe for 1.5 today to see if something's up. What enemy was Omnislash used on?

chch123

• View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: 2021-02-25 14:54:52 »
I am just wondering what the best method of installation is if I am using Satsuki's new standalone mod, if it is compatible at all?

Thanks

GluttonyWarlord

• View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: 2021-02-25 21:42:42 »
Hey, thank you for making an amazing mod. This was my first playthrough of Final Fantasy 7, and the challenge did not disappoint while (mostly) remaining a reasonable game to complete on hard mode while not finding much of any of the optional content.

I played through every boss after Demon Wall by using Caith Sith's transform limit. It really is a shame that it was locked behind slots in the base game, and it makes him a very unique character to play in this mod. With White Megaphone, Transform, and Ribbon, I outlasted almost every boss with countered cure 3s, barriers, and regen. The only ones that presented much problem were ones with instant deaths or who were otherwise capable of just outdamaging me.

I played the entire game in hard mode with a few exceptions for bosses I got stuck on - Jenova Death, Carry Armor, and Hundred Gunner. Hundred Gunner is an extremely early boss but is a massive spike for how early it is in the game, and is much harder than anything that comes after it for a significant amount of time. This is probably the most egregiously overpowered boss, along with Jenova Death having the very easy Sephiroth fight in front of it that just serves as a long loading screen for the arguable most difficult required boss fight.

Here is a quick boss tier list I whipped up. Keep in mind I did not hunt down items excessively and barely grinded at all. I ended with a level 45 Cait Sith and the rest of the party at 40 or lower. Random encounters became harder than bosses, because I am at my most vulnerable before Caith Sith transforms.

Unrelatedly, a frustrating bug that I would like to ask to be fixed in any future versions of this patch is an issue with Cait Sith's name being rewritten. If you go to the Shinra Mansion with Cloud to get the Zack flashback, the game prompts for you to rename Cloud. I kept his name as Cloud. The game renames the Young Cloud, which is the Cait Sith character slot, so it forcibly changed Cait Sith's name to Cloud. I had to go hunt down a save editor and figure out how that worked to undo it since I hadn't saved since Hojo, which was pretty frustrating.

Onomato

• View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: 2021-02-26 09:54:14 »
So I have a question.  I am playing 1.5 at the moment.

How far down exactly do you need to go in the Northern Crater to get the NPC to change the party leader.  I went as far down as where the party congregate and then split up and I thought going beyond that point was non returnable (Although I could be wrong, that was going of vague memories).  But when I climbed back out of the crater couldn't see any additional NPCs in the operations room?

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: 2021-02-26 15:29:38 »
Hey Sega_Chief, got a quick question. Got to Costa Del Sol, and I unlocked SP upgrading. Thing is for Cloud, I couldn't cancel out when I clicked his name. So I picked Ex-Soldier, but I didn't use any of the sources. The smiling guy said, hey you didn't use any, so I said cancel and continue. He took the sources back. But Cloud is still at level 1 of the SP chart now. I can't go back and use those sources, or pick another job class. What's going on? Did I glitch the game? Am I out of luck on using those sources?

Also, is there a way for me to reset my job classes in the game? Let me know. Thanks! Awesome mod by the way. I love the new additions.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10695 on: 2021-02-27 12:24:09 »
I am just wondering what the best method of installation is if I am using Satsuki's new standalone mod, if it is compatible at all?

Thanks

I'm not sure how the standalone works; if it just takes the flevel and encodes the backgrounds then I guess it should be compatible. In that case you'd use NT's standalone installer, then use Satsuki's after it. If Satsuki's standalone overwrites the flevel however then they won't be.

If 7th Heaven isn't an option, then could try Reunion; that should support having the satsuki backgrounds + NT.

Hey, thank you for making an amazing mod. This was my first playthrough of Final Fantasy 7, and the challenge did not disappoint while (mostly) remaining a reasonable game to complete on hard mode while not finding much of any of the optional content.

I played through every boss after Demon Wall by using Caith Sith's transform limit. It really is a shame that it was locked behind slots in the base game, and it makes him a very unique character to play in this mod. With White Megaphone, Transform, and Ribbon, I outlasted almost every boss with countered cure 3s, barriers, and regen. The only ones that presented much problem were ones with instant deaths or who were otherwise capable of just outdamaging me.

I played the entire game in hard mode with a few exceptions for bosses I got stuck on - Jenova Death, Carry Armor, and Hundred Gunner. Hundred Gunner is an extremely early boss but is a massive spike for how early it is in the game, and is much harder than anything that comes after it for a significant amount of time. This is probably the most egregiously overpowered boss, along with Jenova Death having the very easy Sephiroth fight in front of it that just serves as a long loading screen for the arguable most difficult required boss fight.

Here is a quick boss tier list I whipped up. Keep in mind I did not hunt down items excessively and barely grinded at all. I ended with a level 45 Cait Sith and the rest of the party at 40 or lower. Random encounters became harder than bosses, because I am at my most vulnerable before Caith Sith transforms.

Unrelatedly, a frustrating bug that I would like to ask to be fixed in any future versions of this patch is an issue with Cait Sith's name being rewritten. If you go to the Shinra Mansion with Cloud to get the Zack flashback, the game prompts for you to rename Cloud. I kept his name as Cloud. The game renames the Young Cloud, which is the Cait Sith character slot, so it forcibly changed Cait Sith's name to Cloud. I had to go hunt down a save editor and figure out how that worked to undo it since I hadn't saved since Hojo, which was pretty frustrating.

That's the first time I've seen the tier list format in here. Interesting approach to go with just Cait's Transform, but it's a pretty good Limit if you set up for it properly.

The rename thing is being retired completely from the next patch because it has a much more serious side-effect than Cait's name changing when Cloud's is changed. If Cait or Vincent are renamed directly using the Silver Chocobo in the Glacier, then their stats are actually re-initialised and any sources used on them are lost (but the source tracker used internally doesn't get reset, so they essentially lose their stats permanently).

So I have a question.  I am playing 1.5 at the moment.

How far down exactly do you need to go in the Northern Crater to get the NPC to change the party leader.  I went as far down as where the party congregate and then split up and I thought going beyond that point was non returnable (Although I could be wrong, that was going of vague memories).  But when I climbed back out of the crater couldn't see any additional NPCs in the operations room?

You need to go all the way to the bottom when the party reunite again. This is the threshold of the point of no return, and you can talk to the characters to get items that they found on their respective paths. At this point, the game's internal progression value is set to 1998 and the split-up no longer happens when coming into the North Crater (whereas if you leave beforehand, you have to assign characters to paths again). Reason it was set behind this was to avoid the hassle of scripting up Tifa and Cid as party leader during these scenes.

Hey Sega_Chief, got a quick question. Got to Costa Del Sol, and I unlocked SP upgrading. Thing is for Cloud, I couldn't cancel out when I clicked his name. So I picked Ex-Soldier, but I didn't use any of the sources. The smiling guy said, hey you didn't use any, so I said cancel and continue. He took the sources back. But Cloud is still at level 1 of the SP chart now. I can't go back and use those sources, or pick another job class. What's going on? Did I glitch the game? Am I out of luck on using those sources?

Also, is there a way for me to reset my job classes in the game? Let me know. Thanks! Awesome mod by the way. I love the new additions.

When going into a character's upgrade menu, you have to pick one and then use the Sources it allocates for it. As a failsafe against players that might have maxed their inventory out using a tool or save editor (or for whatever reason may not want to use certain Sources given), it does allow the player to continue out with unused Sources but will give a warning beforehand:

Mr. Smile
“You can't take 'em with you!”
{CHOICE}Use remaining Sources
{CHOICE}Discard and continue

If they discard and continue, then the unallocated sources are lost permanently. The reason it's like this is because the game doesn't really have a way to check through its field script what the stats/sources used by a character are, and if Sources escape out of this menu and remain in the player's inventory then they can be allocated to different characters instead.

Also, there is no reset currently on a player's choice of Source upgrades but you can choose whichever of the 5 options each time you have an upgrade; you don't get locked into taking the same one each time.

One way to fix this is to use a save editor to go into Cloud's stats; you'll see he has 2 separate sets. One set is his 'base' stats, and the other is his Source stats; these get added together to make his final stats that you see in-game. You can reset his Source stats to 0 and then set the ones you wanted to pick manually. His Source options are:

Code: [Select]
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: Str+15{, }Mag+7{, }Vit/Dex+8
{CHOICE}Mercenary: Str/Vit/Lck+15
{CHOICE}Makonoid: Mag/Spr/Dex+15
{CHOICE}Duellist: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}COMMANDO: Str/Vit/Spr+12{, }Mag+6

So if you wanted to pick, say, Makonoid instead of Ex-SOLDIER you'd set his Source stats to 15 in Magic, Spirit, and Dexterity while setting the other Source stats to 0 (make sure to change the Source stats, and not his base stats). After that he'll be where he should be and you can just use the Source system in-game as normal when you get the next upgrade unlocked.

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: 2021-02-28 03:27:05 »
Hi, this is a wonderful mod and I've a few questions and suggestions.

I'm playing the newest version with the Seventh Heaven mod, the light dialogue changes are integrated in NT 2.0 right (either standard or rearranged)?
I don't have to download The Reunion mod (since I don't like the retranslation) ?

The rearranged events mode is definitely 'how it should be'  plot-wise, very well done, and the saving Aerith feature is absolutely smooth.
I watched a video section on it, and to save Aerith, I used the Odin Summon to remove her from that battle. Does it also work if you defeat Jenova in that battle while not attacking Aerith?

What's missing to make it perfect is some internal dialogue during that battle, (similar to in-battle dialogue tips in FF8), where the involved characters say a few lines on what to do in a situation.

I found a funny bug where during the Shinra execution scene, Aerith's model is still miniature while everyone else's was different.

With the HD graphics, this is definitely the ideal Remaking, if not better than the REMAKE itself.

Finally, if you could design some additional WEAPONS bosses in the world map, it'd be awesome and epic.
Like an actual fight with Sapphire Weapon (the one that attacked Junon), and then Jade and Omega as additional optional bosses.

« Last Edit: 2021-02-28 04:43:47 by LVaulth »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: 2021-02-28 21:21:52 »
When going into a character's upgrade menu, you have to pick one and then use the Sources it allocates for it. As a failsafe against players that might have maxed their inventory out using a tool or save editor (or for whatever reason may not want to use certain Sources given), it does allow the player to continue out with unused Sources but will give a warning beforehand:

Mr. Smile
%u201CYou can't take 'em with you!%u201D
{CHOICE}Use remaining Sources
{CHOICE}Discard and continue

If they discard and continue, then the unallocated sources are lost permanently. The reason it's like this is because the game doesn't really have a way to check through its field script what the stats/sources used by a character are, and if Sources escape out of this menu and remain in the player's inventory then they can be allocated to different characters instead.

Also, there is no reset currently on a player's choice of Source upgrades but you can choose whichever of the 5 options each time you have an upgrade; you don't get locked into taking the same one each time.

One way to fix this is to use a save editor to go into Cloud's stats; you'll see he has 2 separate sets. One set is his 'base' stats, and the other is his Source stats; these get added together to make his final stats that you see in-game. You can reset his Source stats to 0 and then set the ones you wanted to pick manually. His Source options are:

Code: [Select]
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: Str+15{, }Mag+7{, }Vit/Dex+8
{CHOICE}Mercenary: Str/Vit/Lck+15
{CHOICE}Makonoid: Mag/Spr/Dex+15
{CHOICE}Duellist: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}COMMANDO: Str/Vit/Spr+12{, }Mag+6

So if you wanted to pick, say, Makonoid instead of Ex-SOLDIER you'd set his Source stats to 15 in Magic, Spirit, and Dexterity while setting the other Source stats to 0 (make sure to change the Source stats, and not his base stats). After that he'll be where he should be and you can just use the Source system in-game as normal when you get the next upgrade unlocked.

Thanks so much! Figured out how to get it working using Black Chocobo. I'll make sure to remember there's no reset. Gotta think how to get the party setup now.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: 2021-02-28 21:33:34 »
Finishing touch insta-killed the type B playthrough monster in the safe in the shrinra mansion o.o....   imagine my shock when I used it as the very first turn of the battle and won without realizing it lol...  intended?   Tried putting the spliter material slow with added effect in clouds weapon.  Doesn't seem to be doing anything although casting that slow actually slows enemies.   Is it because slow has gravity next to its ability list?
« Last Edit: 2021-02-28 23:47:51 by Kurne »

CodeDoom

• View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: 2021-03-01 07:19:37 »
I'm currently playing through Type-B (Temple of the Ancients) and the Item Placement Document says that the Powersoul drops from the Demons Gate. When I was supposed to fight the Demons Gate, I had a different encounter. Wondering if I missed something or if the Powersoul is no longer obtainable in Type-B?