Author Topic: Sorry for my poor modding skills but some questions  (Read 6915 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
So I am trying to change where you go to after the first bombing mission.  So I'm looking at making it so after you speak to Aerith you jump to the Shinra building instead of going to the train part.  Also is there a way to instance the new scene I am going to make?  In example slight spoiler you jump to a room and speak to hojo and such.

Edit hm seems for whatever reason I can't replace the Guard Scorpion with a dragon.  Do I need to edit the ones in the scene.bin with Kimera then we pack them or is there an easier way of doing it that I am missing?
« Last Edit: 2013-09-26 07:29:53 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Sorry for my poor modding skills but some questions
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-26 08:09:42 »
You can just change the actual enemy in the scene.bin ( copy the dragon over, inclusive AI, and assign him instead of the guard scorpion to the formation ID )

Also what you want is to change either a gateway exit point and make a scene jump to a different field, where you will need to account for gamemmoment variables being different so you dont trigger the actual shinra HQ events. Then you need new dialogue and such and that has to be coded into the field script
its not too difficult actually. Someone that knows what they're doing could probably write this and test it in 3-4 hours total time.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-26 15:05:59 »
Hm weird I believe that was what I tried doing but when I do other monsters appear instead.

Edit: Also that's what I figured with the script.  Just got to figure out how to work it.  Thanks for all the info.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-26 15:43:50 by genesis063 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-26 15:50:03 »
Hm weird I believe that was what I tried doing but when I do other monsters appear instead.

Your SLUT is off. Proud Clod should be able to fix that, but I can't remember what command to use.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-26 16:59:50 »
lol that's kind of funny thanks for the info.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-26 21:29:28 »
Dunno if it can help but when i changed certain monsters or their stats with "hojo" , when playing the game, all the fights was modified with different monsters, because i forgot to do " update kernel" option(or something like this) in the hojo program.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-09-26 23:49:04 »
Ah that might be what happened to me too.

Edit: Okay so tried what you said and the changes took effect the only problem is nothing is there when the battle starts.  I looked in Hojo and the changes worked but for some reason the game doesn't like it.  Any one ran across this problem before?
« Last Edit: 2013-09-27 03:54:05 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2013-09-27 05:18:23 »
dont use Hojo
Proud Clod does everything that Hojo does ( with ONE exception and thats related to item drops and only relevant if you want them to drop items that are not normally in the game, i.e. the dummy slots ) and it does it better.
What exactly do you want to do? Have the guard scorpion replaced with the regular dragon from Nibelheim?
If I get bored later today I'll just write up a step by step for what to do

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-09-27 05:56:25 »
If you could find the time to do that that would be awesome.  Yes that is more or less what I wanted to do.  Since I am making a new story for those that want to use Sephiroth I want to change who is the first boss you face.  The new villain will drop some monsters on you then once they've all been beaten then he is next.  Once I figure out how someone got the nibelheim version of Sephiroth fightable.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2013-09-27 22:01:13 »
Open Proud Clod
Open your scene.bin inside data/battle
Guard Scorpion is Monster #2 in scene 81. remember that.

The Dragon is monster #1 in scene 149
Go to scene 149
Enemy Management -> Copy Dragon
Go to scene 81
Enemy Management -> Paste into Slot 1 ( Monster 2 is slot 1 because monster 1 is slot 0 )
Go to Scene Data Management -> Animations/Formations -> Formation
In scene 81, the Guard Scorpion battle is the first Form. ( 0144 )
Now you manually copy the data from scene 149 ( Scene Data Management -> Animation/Formations -> Formation, Form 4 aka 0257 ) to the other form. ( This is easiest done by making a screencap of it or opening a second proud clod just for viewing. ) The exceptions to this is the data in:
Flags - Escape Counter - Next Battle and Background
This includes camera positions, formation ID and so forth ( only everything under the form tab, and only form the form ( 0144 ) of the guard scorpion

If you cant get this to work I'll take a look and maybe upload a working scene 81 when I have time

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-09-27 22:09:42 »
awesome thanks for taking the time to do this.  I'm at work but will be getting off in a few hours.  I'll probably do a test tonight.

Edit: Okay so I edited everything but when I went to edit formation AI they don't show anything.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-28 02:06:08 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2013-09-28 16:01:28 »
formation AI is not where the monster AI is stored. thats only important for extremely few fights in the game
too tired to remember the exact tab off my head but its enemy management from the main window I think

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-10-01 04:10:08 »
So I asked someone on Youtube who made a mod similar to what I want this.  He said the only thing that he could think of is that the dragon couldn't handle the Scorpions attack animations.  So I tried taking them out and the freeze thing didn't happen but the different monsters and field did happen.

Edit: okay so don't know what the heck just happened but when I put back in the old script the dragon appeared as I wanted it to.  So I don't know why is was and issue since I didn't change the battle scene.  Guess i'll have to re-edit the script.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-01 06:01:42 by genesis063 »