Author Topic: My FF7 game freezes when I get to cosmic canyon observatory scene  (Read 2580 times)

Khmerook

Any ideas on what to do?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
3 words
read the rules!

2 more
be specific

why should we help you if you won't help us understand your situation?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
3 words
read the rules!

2 more
be specific

why should we help you if you won't help us understand your situation?

careful dude, getting a bit trigger happy on repeating that :P i got in a bit of trouble a while back for getting on all newcomers case.

and this is a problem thats fairly common, its definately been answered multiple times on here, i'm sure even a simple search could locate the issue Khmerook.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
The Debug Room is an issue. Converting your savegame using PSXMemTool to pass that scene using an emulator is another.

obesebear

• View Profile
Yeah, easy does it on the aggressiveness.  I'm hoping we can begin shedding our reputation as a bunch of dickholes.  People are going to be lazy, there's just nothing we can do to stop that.

As for the original question, use the Custom Graphics Driver

hapmg

I'm having a similar problem. Right after the movie runs, it hangs up with everyone standing around and blinking. I've followed the instructions from newbie sticky and tried every iteration of the Custom Graphics Driver, but nothing seems to work. I also tried various installations mix and matching the patches and such, but that doesn't seem to help either. Nor does changing party members. For what it's worth, the sprites don't sync with the movies, but that's only other problem I've encountered. Sorry to bring up an old, common problem, but in searching the forum, other people seem to have resolved their issues with the CGD. I'm running Win7 x64 with an 8600 GT with an Intel Core 2 Quad. Any ideas as to what could be causing it?