Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837474 times)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8650 on: 2019-10-16 19:03:17 »
A gift. In case one day it can be useful xD
Why is it the first thing that came to mind when seeing that was Kisuke Urahara and that dude in the maggot's nest?

jurr

• View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: 2019-10-16 19:32:53 »
running my 2nd playthrough of the mod, found a small softlock issue during the Dark Cave sidequest. if you use one of the save points and select PHS while it's still only Cloud and Barret it won't let you exit the menu or do anything else due to not having a party of 3, making progression impossible. probably a game limitation, though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: 2019-10-16 21:32:21 »
Whoever did the "arrange" mod is a lazy ass......  i have to fight 2 ferning blast by president shinra who have 3600 hp and  i have 0 ferning MP!!!!!!!
I TRIED GRINDING MONSTERS they drop 0 "tent" or "ether" so how in the ferning c ocksucking dicks am i gonna get mp to move forward? should i farm mobs with normal attacks til i go 100 lv to proceed or ferning what dude? get a ferning grip.  Yall make so many ferning mods its been what 25 ferning years since this game been out? "This supposed to be a good mod?"   How about u fix the overcomplicated stats oh no nono non instead u made it more complicated with retarded stats like what the fern dude. 

Assuming you're save-locked in the Reactor, best bet would be to try and get some potions/phoenix downs together from the Blood Tastes, and some Shrapnels from the Type-5 Sweepers.

Otherwise, if you have a save from before starting the Reactor 5 mission then Ethers and Tents can be farmed from the Train Graveyard from Drive and Sweeper respectively as drops.

I know the documentation is not up-to-date, but can anyone confirm that Max Ray is still stealable from the Armour Golem? They keep stealing / morphing/ dropping Pile Bunkers.... I have 9 now. I haven't found any way to get the Max Ray off them.

Max Ray should be a drop; bear in mind that if a Steal or Morph is made then the drop becomes unavailable.
https://i.imgur.com/F2TWof9.png

A gift. In case one day it can be useful xD

Looks good. I tried to rig Titan's parts onto a Magnade for 1.4 or early 1.5 but it didn't quite work out. Same thing with Phoenix back when summon fights were planned but it was awkward getting all the parts to sit so I dropped it in the end.

running my 2nd playthrough of the mod, found a small softlock issue during the Dark Cave sidequest. if you use one of the save points and select PHS while it's still only Cloud and Barret it won't let you exit the menu or do anything else due to not having a party of 3, making progression impossible. probably a game limitation, though.

PHS shouldn't be available in the reactor, so that's my bad.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-16 21:38:58 by Sega Chief »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8653 on: 2019-10-17 11:17:46 »
Why don't you do it? Do you think we exist to be your slave?

BINGO!

Whoever did the "arrange" mod is a lazy ass......  i have to fight 2 ferning blast by president shinra who have 3600 hp and  i have 0 ferning MP!!!!!!!
I TRIED GRINDING MONSTERS they drop 0 "tent" or "ether" so how in the ferning c ocksucking dicks am i gonna get mp to move forward? should i farm mobs with normal attacks til i go 100 lv to proceed or ferning what dude? get a ferning grip.  Yall make so many ferning mods its been what 25 ferning years since this game been out? "This supposed to be a good mod?"   How about u fix the overcomplicated stats oh no nono non instead u made it more complicated with retarded stats like what the fern dude. 

Take some time off to think about how to act in public. It’ll do you some good moving forward in life.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: 2019-10-17 19:20:45 »

Looks good. I tried to rig Titan's parts onto a Magnade for 1.4 or early 1.5 but it didn't quite work out. Same thing with Phoenix back when summon fights were planned but it was awkward getting all the parts to sit so I dropped it in the end.

Well, Magnade is more like ifrit xD, at least I saw that you could use the summons to create other enemies, and thats better O_o. The same thing happened to me on my first attempt, I tried to put bahamut in red dragon, but didn't work -_-

Why is it the first thing that came to mind when seeing that was Kisuke Urahara and that dude in the maggot's nest?
Just coincidence ....really! O_O
« Last Edit: 2019-10-17 19:32:06 by markul »

Aruelyxia

• View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: 2019-10-17 20:37:27 »
Hey SegaChief,

Big thanks to all the work with New Threat - it's a great mod, I've enjoyed watching people play it on Twitch and wanted to take it for a spin myself.

Have just installed New Threat and noticed the Chocobo fight in the winding tunnels on the way to the Sector 5 reactor isn't taking place.

I'm wondering if this is linked to RNG or if the battle's been removed? Everything has been working as expected up until this point.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: 2019-10-17 21:47:30 »
Well, Magnade is more like ifrit xD, at least I saw that you could use the summons to create other enemies, and thats better O_o. The same thing happened to me on my first attempt, I tried to put bahamut in red dragon, but didn't work -_-
Just coincidence ....really! O_O

Zuu/Tonadu might work for Bahamut, but it's usually difficult to tell if it'll work out until you're midway through and a few hours in :c

Hey SegaChief,

Big thanks to all the work with New Threat - it's a great mod, I've enjoyed watching people play it on Twitch and wanted to take it for a spin myself.

Have just installed New Threat and noticed the Chocobo fight in the winding tunnels on the way to the Sector 5 reactor isn't taking place.

I'm wondering if this is linked to RNG or if the battle's been removed? Everything has been working as expected up until this point.

I think it doesn't happen on Arrange mode, that or there was something to do with the RNG being a bit wonky. It's a pretty dodgy script to begin with and I didn't do a clean job inserting the new part.

If it doesn't happen after the first battle, then select run and then come back and trigger it again.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: 2019-10-18 02:29:22 »
Hello everyone, I wish to present an idea for consideration of the forum, an Alternative Materia System, the rules of such system will be as follows:
1.   Materia don’t gain AP, grow or reproduce in any way.

2.   Multiple copies of the same Materia equipped in the same Weapon or Armor stack up creating greater effects.

3.   For Magic Materia equipping more copies of the same Materia allows the character to cast more spells, i.e. equipping one Fire Materia allows your character to cast “Fire 1” equipping two Fire Materias allows your character to cast both “Fire 1” and “Fire 2”.

4.   For Independent Materia equipping more copies of the same Materia increases the potency of the effect, i.e. equipping one “HP Plus” Materia gives your character 20% more HP, equipping two “HP Plus” Materia gives your character 40% more HP.

5.   For Command Materia, equipping more copies improves the effect of the command. i.e. equipping one Steal Materia gives you the command “Steal”, equipping two Steal Materias gives you the command “Mug”.

6.   Summon Materias are unique, but they gain more power the more of them you equip together, i.e. equipping Shiva Materia alone allows your character to summon Shiva at standard 100% power, equipping Shiva and Infrit Materias together allows your character to summon any of the two of them at 110% power, equipping Shiva, Infrit and Ramuh Materias together allows your character to summon any of the three of them at 120% power and so on, also each eidolon could be Summoned only one time per battle, but each consecutive summon receives and additional power boost of 10%, so for example if your character as a weapon with three slots and equips Shiva, Infrit and Ramuh Materias, and summons the three of them in three consecutive turns, the results will be: 1st turn: Shiva at  120% power, 2nd turn: Infrit at 130% power, 3rd Turn: Ramuh at 140% power. The “consecutive” power boost is lost if the character uses a command different to “Summon” or is knocked out (K.O. status).

7.   Support Materia is a little tricky since its effects are more varied than the other types, but it follows two principles, 1° It will no longer be paired with a specific Materia, the effect applies to either all Materias equipped in the same garment (For Elemental & Status Attack / Defenses), or to a random one each time the effect activates (For Magic or Command Counters). 2° The effect becomes more potent with each copy of the same Support Materia equipped in the same garment. For example, in an Armor with three slots, if you equip one Elemental Materia (Support), One Fire Materia (Magic) and one Ice Materia (Magic), your character acquires a 50% resistance to both Fire and Ice attacks, and can cast “Fire 1” and “Ice 1” but if in the same Armor you instead equip two Elemental Materias (Support) and one Fire Materia (Magic), your character acquires a 100% resistance to Fire, what is to say immunity to Fire, and can cast only “Fire 1”.

¿What would be the use of this Alternative Materia System? Well I think it could make the game more fun if applied correctly, the current Materia system is too easy to abuse, with some light grinding all the characters could be “masters” of everything at the same time, (Hit hard, resist heavy punishment and cast a big variety both offensive and defensive spells) making them easily interchangeable between them (You could literally just switch all the equipped Materia from one character to another and barely note the difference in battle), also there is no much incentive to have more than one copy of each Materia since every new Materia starts at the minimum level; with this new system you will be force to make hard choices, because you will need more Materia to access the stronger spells and skills, so with limited slots you may have to choose between Cure 3 or Fire 3, but at the same time the game becomes more versatile, as you no longer need to grind AP to learn Fire 3, you just buy three Fire Materias and equip them together and you have an attack mage ready for action, that way there is more reason to “tailor” each character for a specific battle role and try different party combinations.

Of course to make the best use of this system, Materia should become much more plentiful, sold cheaper at the stores and in more variety, and “Rare” Materias that are usually only available near the end of the game should be obtainable from treasure chests, or from stealing, morphing and killing enemies, (Steal, Morph and Item drop should have higher success rates to incentivize the use of these abilities).

Well that is all, sorry for the extra-long post, and hope you have liked some of the ideas posted here.   

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: 2019-10-18 10:13:10 »
Hello everyone, I wish to present an idea for consideration of the forum, an Alternative Materia System, the rules of such system will be as follows:
1.   Materia don’t gain AP, grow or reproduce in any way.

2.   Multiple copies of the same Materia equipped in the same Weapon or Armor stack up creating greater effects.

3.   For Magic Materia equipping more copies of the same Materia allows the character to cast more spells, i.e. equipping one Fire Materia allows your character to cast “Fire 1” equipping two Fire Materias allows your character to cast both “Fire 1” and “Fire 2”.

4.   For Independent Materia equipping more copies of the same Materia increases the potency of the effect, i.e. equipping one “HP Plus” Materia gives your character 20% more HP, equipping two “HP Plus” Materia gives your character 40% more HP.

5.   For Command Materia, equipping more copies improves the effect of the command. i.e. equipping one Steal Materia gives you the command “Steal”, equipping two Steal Materias gives you the command “Mug”.

6.   Summon Materias are unique, but they gain more power the more of them you equip together, i.e. equipping Shiva Materia alone allows your character to summon Shiva at standard 100% power, equipping Shiva and Infrit Materias together allows your character to summon any of the two of them at 110% power, equipping Shiva, Infrit and Ramuh Materias together allows your character to summon any of the three of them at 120% power and so on, also each eidolon could be Summoned only one time per battle, but each consecutive summon receives and additional power boost of 10%, so for example if your character as a weapon with three slots and equips Shiva, Infrit and Ramuh Materias, and summons the three of them in three consecutive turns, the results will be: 1st turn: Shiva at  120% power, 2nd turn: Infrit at 130% power, 3rd Turn: Ramuh at 140% power. The “consecutive” power boost is lost if the character uses a command different to “Summon” or is knocked out (K.O. status).

7.   Support Materia is a little tricky since its effects are more varied than the other types, but it follows two principles, 1° It will no longer be paired with a specific Materia, the effect applies to either all Materias equipped in the same garment (For Elemental & Status Attack / Defenses), or to a random one each time the effect activates (For Magic or Command Counters). 2° The effect becomes more potent with each copy of the same Support Materia equipped in the same garment. For example, in an Armor with three slots, if you equip one Elemental Materia (Support), One Fire Materia (Magic) and one Ice Materia (Magic), your character acquires a 50% resistance to both Fire and Ice attacks, and can cast “Fire 1” and “Ice 1” but if in the same Armor you instead equip two Elemental Materias (Support) and one Fire Materia (Magic), your character acquires a 100% resistance to Fire, what is to say immunity to Fire, and can cast only “Fire 1”.

¿What would be the use of this Alternative Materia System? Well I think it could make the game more fun if applied correctly, the current Materia system is too easy to abuse, with some light grinding all the characters could be “masters” of everything at the same time, (Hit hard, resist heavy punishment and cast a big variety both offensive and defensive spells) making them easily interchangeable between them (You could literally just switch all the equipped Materia from one character to another and barely note the difference in battle), also there is no much incentive to have more than one copy of each Materia since every new Materia starts at the minimum level; with this new system you will be force to make hard choices, because you will need more Materia to access the stronger spells and skills, so with limited slots you may have to choose between Cure 3 or Fire 3, but at the same time the game becomes more versatile, as you no longer need to grind AP to learn Fire 3, you just buy three Fire Materias and equip them together and you have an attack mage ready for action, that way there is more reason to “tailor” each character for a specific battle role and try different party combinations.

Of course to make the best use of this system, Materia should become much more plentiful, sold cheaper at the stores and in more variety, and “Rare” Materias that are usually only available near the end of the game should be obtainable from treasure chests, or from stealing, morphing and killing enemies, (Steal, Morph and Item drop should have higher success rates to incentivize the use of these abilities).

Well that is all, sorry for the extra-long post, and hope you have liked some of the ideas posted here.   

There is a way to stop growth/division, the first .EXE hack someone taught me was related to that and materia stats.

A stacking effect would be really cool; a buff to base spell power if multiple Fire equipped, or a better status chance if multiple Seal equipped. I don't think unlocking spells through that would be a good idea though, there's a fairly hefty jump between Fire and Fire3 but having the spells themselves deal a little more damage than normal if multiple Fire are equipped would be a good expansion to the system.

As for Plus Materia, that is currently how it works. They stack up to a max of something like 100% I think. Cover does the same but without an upper limit (meaning it can overflow if you multiple mastered Cover on).

Stacking different summons could be a good idea too. It'd make a dedicated Summoner build worthwhile. Perhaps in addition to power, you get extra uses for each summon the more of them there are.

Aruelyxia

• View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: 2019-10-18 16:02:04 »

I think it doesn't happen on Arrange mode, that or there was something to do with the RNG being a bit wonky. It's a pretty dodgy script to begin with and I didn't do a clean job inserting the new part.

If it doesn't happen after the first battle, then select run and then come back and trigger it again.

Sweet, thanks for getting back to me. I did have Enc materia equipped so I may try that again without it equipped on a new replay from Sector 7 Slums. Running away and coming back at the time on that playthrough never resolved it but if it's likely RNG related I won't lose any sleep over it, anyway. It was also on Normal Difficulty (baby steps for me).

Will check back to see if dropping Enc materia makes any difference.

Omnicrash

• View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: 2019-10-18 16:42:59 »

It worked for me on 1.5 Arrranged Mode, Steam version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493401707 and it is my favorite thing about the mod so far.

Many thanks for your work SegaChief, I've completed FF7 more times than I can remember and I'm enjoying this new perspective on the game a lot!
Only thing I didn't like very much so far were the penalties/rebalancing on the stats of some materias but that being said, the overal balancing seems to be great (especially compared to something like Hard Type).

littleblueboxes

• View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: 2019-10-18 23:36:44 »
Thank you!! The documents show Max Ray as a Steal item so I've been mugging them every time, which means they don't have drops. What a terrible lophole for them to deprive me.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: 2019-10-19 04:26:36 »
Hello Sega Chief. Thanks for your  quick answer.

I see your point about the spells of the Magic Materia, other option would be to “create” New Materias that contain the high level spells, for example Fire Materia allows you to use Fire 1 and only Fire 1, Fira Materia allows you to use Fire 2 and only Fire 2, and Firaga Materia allows you to use Fire 3 and only Fire 3, but if you equip the three of them together, you can use all the three variants of Fire spell and get a nice power boost for stacking the three Materias of the same “Family” together. Also Elemental Summons could be considered part of the same “Family” of their corresponding Elemental Magic Materias, so for example, stacking Infrit Materia with, Fire, Fira and Firaga Materia will nicely boost  Infrit’s power.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: 2019-10-19 12:50:45 »
Snip

I think the stacking of multiple similar elemental materia increasing power could be interesting, but devoting individual materia to single spells--especially low-level ones--like that would cause problems, especially since materia slots are already at such a premium.

For example, my personal favorite build in the entire game is Barrett as a tank/attacker, and since he isn't going to have much magic, I give him support spells and Renew (when I get it), and devote the rest of his slots to purple, command, and an occasional elemental materia if needed, partly for effect, partly for stat boosts. With the proposed change, my needed magic materia slots change from 3 to 6-8 (depending on how many spells from each materia I want to use with him), which of course also multiplies how many "All" materia I also need to equip for ideal use by the same amount (from 2 to 3-5). And since Time and Barrier materias are so important in this mod, any spells I can't equip on Barret will have to overflow to other characters, whose magic selection will be also be limited, and whose available slots aren't too much more in number than Barrett's.

Basically, playing casters--and maybe even hybrids--in this hack will be really painful for a massive chunk of the game because you will never have enough slots for everyone. Even endgame--which features mega-all and master materia--will probably be an issue because only 1 character can max out at 16 slots, and the rest max out at 9-14 depending on your weapon/armor of choice--and not all of those have generous servings of connected slots!

The only potential issue I can see with amplifying multiple "stacked" materia is how much of a bonus you get from that stack. The new battle rebalance is already IMO much friendlier to the player (in a reasonable way), and if you add a mechanic where, say, Cloud can stack 3-4 lightning materia in Midgar, will the stacking bonuses just make him a steamroller for bosses there? And would stacking those materia upset the power balance anywhere in the early-to-mid-game? Because you'll basically be able to do it right away with basic magic materia.

IMO the stack mechanic might upset the balance least is used only for summons. You start collecting them a bit into the game, there are limited numbers, they're currently single use, and they each have a plethora of plus *and* minus stats for equipping. I personally used summons primarily for stat boosts and rarely actually summoned them outside certain battles or farming (if only because most summons were equipped on fighters/hybrids). But stacking could make them more viable regular use options (provided you have enough MP)

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: 2019-10-19 14:06:09 »
Thanks for your post magictrufflez. You make an excellent point about balance, as introducing changes to the game system always has the chance of breaking balance in unexpected manners, maybe an option will be to make the Alternative Materia System a sort of mini mod independent from New Treat, to see how it affects the vanilla combat, and see if it is a good for the original game as well as NT or other mods.

Is also worth noting that the point of the new system would be more about giving the characters a more distinct “identity” through more clearly differentiated combat roles, (similar to the combat “jobs” of other final fantasy games), than to increase or decrease the combat difficulty, not being able to build a “optimal” character is a limitation that is within that intent.

It would also be necessary to tamper with the weapons / armor a bit, to ensure all nine characters have access to weapons and armors with gradually increasing number of slots starting at one slot and culminating at eight slots, so sixteen slots max for everyone 8), also one of the proposals of the system was to modify support Materia so it counts as “linked” to all the Materia equipped in the same Weapon / Armor, so “Linked” Materia Slots would no longer be necessary (I don’t know if this is actually doable programing wise, so please forgive me if I’m proposing the impossible :P). 

Scp121

• View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: 2019-10-20 01:13:54 »
Swinging back by to say that I'm preeeetty confident you can't get a max ray from the armored golem dude. I've fought about a dozen and a half and all have been pile steals, with no drops.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: 2019-10-22 11:41:42 »
Swinging back by to say that I'm preeeetty confident you can't get a max ray from the armored golem dude. I've fought about a dozen and a half and all have been pile steals, with no drops.

If you successfully steal from an enemy, that enemy's drop becomes unavailable for that battle.

JadeDragonMeli

• View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: 2019-10-24 00:33:51 »
Hey Chief,

I've really been enjoying the mod, but I've run into an issue that I hope you can help with?

I'm getting soft locked when trying to enter the Dark Cave.  I follow the prompts, hit "Let's Go" , and Cloud steps into the cave.  The screen goes black and Cloud and Barrett wake up in Midgar.  There's a quick dialogue with Barrett saying something to the effect of "The others aren't here either." and that's it.  The game just sits there.  I can't move, open a menu, or anything else.  Barrett just stands there blinking his big dumb eyes for all of eternity.

I did a search, the only thing I found was the above mentioned PHS glitch that someone else had an issue with.

Things I've tried: 

I had Barrett in the party initially, I removed him and got the same result.
I completely remade the party.
I made Cid and Tifa the heads of the party.
Tried with Cid & Aerith both flagged for dead and alive.
I tried equiping and un-equiping various items/weapons/materia.
I went and did other events, which all triggered properly, then went back and got the same result.

I'm running version 1.5: released 8/31/2019.

This is the first issue I've had with the mod and not sure what else to try.

(Please don't say I have to start over  8-))

Edit:  Oh yeah, I'm playing on arrange mode and I've done obvious things like rebooting/reinstalling and such.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-24 00:40:55 by JadeDragonMeli »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: 2019-10-24 10:45:36 »
Hey Chief,

I've really been enjoying the mod, but I've run into an issue that I hope you can help with?

I'm getting soft locked when trying to enter the Dark Cave.  I follow the prompts, hit "Let's Go" , and Cloud steps into the cave.  The screen goes black and Cloud and Barrett wake up in Midgar.  There's a quick dialogue with Barrett saying something to the effect of "The others aren't here either." and that's it.  The game just sits there.  I can't move, open a menu, or anything else.  Barrett just stands there blinking his big dumb eyes for all of eternity.

I did a search, the only thing I found was the above mentioned PHS glitch that someone else had an issue with.

Things I've tried: 

I had Barrett in the party initially, I removed him and got the same result.
I completely remade the party.
I made Cid and Tifa the heads of the party.
Tried with Cid & Aerith both flagged for dead and alive.
I tried equiping and un-equiping various items/weapons/materia.
I went and did other events, which all triggered properly, then went back and got the same result.

I'm running version 1.5: released 8/31/2019.

This is the first issue I've had with the mod and not sure what else to try.

(Please don't say I have to start over  8-))

Edit:  Oh yeah, I'm playing on arrange mode and I've done obvious things like rebooting/reinstalling and such.

That typically happens when there's an animation mod on or something. I think the key offender was the 'animated idles' mod or similar. Best approach is to only have NT running until you reach the first save point, and then turn on your other mods again. If no other mods are on, then make sure that you don't have any leftovers lying around like 60fps for instance as some seem to persist even after uninstalling.

Maleficus100

• View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: 2019-10-24 10:55:08 »
Hi Sega Chief, love the mod!
I'm on my first playthrough of version 1.5 (March patch), third overall. I just got to the base of Gaea's Cliff and ran around to collect all the treasures/materia. However, I'm having trouble finding the deathblow materia. To my understanding it's supposed to be in the place where added cut would usually be, on one of the paths leading away from the spiny-mountain landmark on the eastern side of the map. I've looked around each of the different forking paths multiple times but it just doesn't seem to be there. Has it been moved to a different location or could it simply be a bug? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8670 on: 2019-10-24 13:01:24 »
You need to approach the field from a certain place. Go to the top of the mountain and look at the paths up there. There's one going NE, and two going NW. You want the upper NW path. This'll set you on a series of screens angled like this: \

A screen or two in, you'll find the Deathblow materia. Be careful not to go too far or you'll end up at the Hot Springs and will have to go back to the top of the mountain to get the right path again. I should probably just move the Materia to the hot springs instead.

JadeDragonMeli

• View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: 2019-10-25 00:58:29 »
That typically happens when there's an animation mod on or something. I think the key offender was the 'animated idles' mod or similar. Best approach is to only have NT running until you reach the first save point, and then turn on your other mods again. If no other mods are on, then make sure that you don't have any leftovers lying around like 60fps for instance as some seem to persist even after uninstalling.

I should have thought of disabling mods one by one!  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks for getting back to to me so quick!

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: 2019-10-25 01:06:27 »
Hi there Sega Chief and friends of the forum.

Just playing a little ff7 and a little ff8 remastered, good times.

Anyway I wanted to present some ideas in case you decide to increase Aerith’s participation in further revisions of the Mod, I would not go in great detail because I don´t want to sound demanding or appear as I´m trying to impose my ideas in another person´s project, so instead I will just mention places in the story where I think Aerith could add some more participation and still feel natural.

1.   In Icicle Inn town make watching the tapes of Ifalna and Professor Gast mandatory and add a little scene of Aerith reacting to it and some comments, support from the other party members.

2.   Add a conversation between her and Tifa regarding Cloud’s state when they found him in Nibeel and Tifa decides to stay to keep taking care of him.

3.   Add a scene where she explains that the plan of Shinra of using Huge Materia to blow up Meteor is doomed to fail and why they need to stop it.

4.   Add a conversation about the lifestream between her and Cloud after him recovers from his Mako poisoning.

5.   Add a conversation between her and professor Hojo before the battle with him in the Sister Ray, (Since Hojo is practically responsible for the dead of both of her biological parents, it would be an opportunity to show her truly enraged, something that we don’t see in the rest of the game).

6.   This one is not only about Aerith, but I wanted to included it anyway; after Cloud tells everyone to go back to their loved ones and find their reason to fight, it would be nice if we actually see each of the playable characters going to their hometowns and having a conversation / monologue, with an NPC that is important for them, here are my suggested NPC for each character:

Aerith – Elmyra.
Barret – Marlene.
Cid –  Shera.
Red XIII – Seto’s Petrified Body. 
Cait Sith – Revee.
Yuffie – Godo.
Vincent – Lucrecia’s Cave.

Obviously Red XIII and Vincent are monologues about them remembering Seto & Lucrecia, and yes I know that Cait Sith and Revee are technically the same person, but the game drops hints that Cait Sith is sort of alive on his own, so I think it could be interesting if handled correctly. 

Well that is all, as always I would really appreciate to read your opinions and other ideas about possible additions to the game. Thanks again and see you later.

JadeDragonMeli

• View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: 2019-10-25 02:15:24 »

So I went through 1 by 1 until I found the MOD I could remove that would let me proceed.  That ended up being........  Ninostyle Battle Mods.  Once I suspected that was the culprit, I put only that mod and NT on, fired the game up, got soft locked.  I put all my MODs back on except for Nino's, the game progressed as normally.  Just as a final control on the experiment, I added Nino's back in, knowing that my current set up of mods worked fine, and BOOM, soft lock.

So the issue is 100% for sure Nino's mod, which I just need to deactivate while I get through this part and then add it back on.

Thanks for your help, Chief!

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: 2019-10-25 11:39:47 »
Been playing (and streaming) this and so far I think its very very good, the balance is very well done.

Well done sega chief and definitely it breathes new life into this game.

Also it works fine with my enhanced stock UI as well.