Author Topic: [FF7] Coordinate Locator (Discontinued, use Ochu)  (Read 10748 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This program has been removed.  The coordinate locator is now part of
Otyugh found HERE

Placing objects into field locations wasn't as easy as X Y Z.  But now it is! At least... it's as easy as X Y Z T.  FF7 field locations are dependent on their X Y Z and Triangle location.  Without these coordinates, you will never get your object in the right place.  When I wanted to make a side quest that was placement heavy, I realised I couldn't.  I am not sure if Myst6re ever intends to update Makou Reactor with some sort of easy locator  (like clicking on the background), if at all possible, but until that happens, here is the next best thing.

FF7Coords is not here.

FF7Coords will tell you where Cloud is stood.  All you do then is copy the values.  Simple.
===============

I need people to test that this works properly. Also, any messages from virus scanners are false positives caused by the use of UPX.

This program will tell you:

Your X, Y, Z and T location on field.
The direction you are facing on field.
The field ID.
Your X, Y, Z location on world map.

Just open program and run FF7.  Note, you can click the labels and then paste the data anywhere. One left click on a label adds the data to the clipboard.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 17:57:24 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Coordinate Locator
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-11 16:25:57 »
I have made 1 last update (aside for bug fixes).  Field map ID is now shown, as well as world map coords.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-11 17:20:24 »
It's really fantastic tool, ¡¡thanks!!!  ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-11 18:32:45 »
np Cloudiar.  This may help you placing your models :)  Apart from myself, I had you in mind specifically.

Does anyone see the Soldier  ;D Just a test.

« Last Edit: 2013-04-11 19:10:22 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-11 19:33:13 »
OK I did go and add 1 last thing.  Direction character is stood on field.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-11 20:46:20 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-11 20:55:43 »
 ;D

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-12 03:08:53 »
np Cloudiar.  This may help you placing your models :)  Apart from myself, I had you in mind specifically.

Does anyone see the Soldier  ;D Just a test.

For place field and also awesome for trace locations  ;)

Thanks for share, I have debuger integrated with coordinate but sometimes calculation fail  :cry:

If you think increase the chances of the program or another I have some suggestions, debug the game are fantastic, but a program would be better (for size and accessibility), I personally think that these are necessary tools to create a great mod:

(ff7trainer and blackchocobo know, helpful in many cases, but not utilities to test and create mod)

Disable / Enable random battles
Disable / Enable PHS
Disable / Enable Save
Reload map (to test makou scenes for example)
Debug teleport (for home workshop in game xD)
Gamemoment editor (selector gamemoment)
Battle editor (by selecting the desired battle)

I use many utilities like this, but have some in an application would be great, imagine having gamemoment many maps with integrated editor, only this size of 2660 lines (in previous version makou reactor greater than 6000 xD ), this being a problem size, but if necessary for game control.

If you think of any suggestions for future would be great, in any case I can give you my game tester (may be good for you ^ ^)

include:

Take control of the game
Characters
Leader
Teleport
Lovepoints editor
Gamemoment editor
Boss tester
Sound test
All shops
Others

Also (should know) memoryhacking use tool to control the variables and memory correctly, for example to test the auction.

Anyway thanks for this utility, sure I'll use.

If I can help you with new debugger for tool or just to test your work please send me MP and send you  ::)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-12 09:12:22 »
I have no desire to create a trainer, however, save anywhere, no battles are part of The Reunion and can be added very easily using Hext.dll.  Kranmer may add something like that, I could easily help him find some of the needed values.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-12 09:56:13 by DLPB »

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-12 17:33:27 »
I understand, perhaps the most important tool for creating a "reload map" I really am very interested to do in the game I have to copy code indivudual recharge in all fields, very annoying, it would be interesting tool for testing events.

Thanks again for your contribution :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-12 18:21:02 »
Can that even be done?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-04-12 19:57:20 »
Thank DLPB this was exactly what I need to help me with my new mod idea.  Downloading it now and hopefully testing and putting it to good use soon.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-04-12 20:54:55 »
Can that even be done?

I only can do this during the game (asign in makou), but I am obliged to assign coordinates to new recharge  :x
« Last Edit: 2013-04-12 20:56:58 by cloudiar »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-04-13 02:24:29 »
Sweet you tools works with the new FF7 which it seems I am forced to work with.  Thanks for the awesome tool bro it'll make my item placements all the more easy you saved me a ton of time for my Sephiroth Masamune obtainable through gameplay idea.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-04-13 12:41:27 »
Cheers :)  And yeah, my program finds the handle by the window title. In this case FINAL FANTASY VII.  So assuming that is correct it will find the game.  Next, 2012 version is more or less identical in memory for the game, so if it works for 1998 it will work for 2012.  Same goes with any trainers out there.  I am not sure if the values will be found in foreign versions.  Anyone know?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-04-13 20:50:02 »
Actually, Cloudiar, I may take you up on the whole trainer thing.  I haven't made one before, so maybe it will be fun ;)  Thing is, it will only be for English 1.02 exe and English 2012.