Author Topic: A Perfect AC Cloud Model  (Read 66817 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: A Perfect AC Cloud Model
« Reply #75 on: 2012-10-07 05:53:10 »
thats very subjective
I dont like the AC cloud at all
screams Nomura way too much

Masamune

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012-10-08 12:34:20 »
thats very subjective
I dont like the AC cloud at all
screams Nomura way too much

Wasn't it Nomura who did the original character designs too?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #77 on: 2012-10-08 17:51:17 »
Wasn't it Nomura who did the original character designs too?

It's an, now, old meme to say something screams Nomura. Ever since Kingdom Hearts and FF10, his designs have gotten way out of hand and go too deep into visual-key and BELTS AND GIRDLES AND BELTS AND ACCESSORIES AND ZIPPERS AND BELTS AND ZIPPERS AND HATS...
you get what I mean

masterj360

« Reply #78 on: 2012-10-08 22:01:04 »
In other words you mean they are too emo. Usually most of the time models that are ripped look almost perfect and realistic compared to the ones made from scratch. Thats why I said its the best Cloud model, but since its illegal its gets ruled out. Any its just my opinion on the matter. Most fans rather keep the nostalgic Cloud in FF VII and I highly respect that

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2012-10-11 07:02:11 »
I dont know why anyone would want to ruin there game with ac mods in the first place.

The games a classic changing it too much takes that away, I still remember when it first came out me and my mates hiring it out to play on the ps1 having turns (those were the days)

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012-10-11 07:20:48 »
the AC movie was just popular, thus people (some didn't have the chance to play orig ff7) started checking ff7 again, to their horror lego like characters are what's laid in front of them,

then by chance they see a youtube vid where they see AC models being used for the game. That's why we have people coming here asking for those AC models.

Trust me thing like this happen, LoL I was once one of those guys .. but after spending time here and playing with FF7 I kinda want to experience it as close to the original now, of course with graphics for modern standards.

masterj360

« Reply #81 on: 2012-10-13 19:28:11 »
@ Recko: Well we all can't question opinions. Yea the only reason why everybody is attached to the classic VII b/c it was actually a game that changed the RPG world. Advent Children is no more than a sequel movie to it. So its kinda logical to favor something that has more to offer to the fans. I wouldn't say it ruins the game it just gives it a newer look kinda like a DLC cover up. Most of my characters are AC simply b/c I want them to have a realistic modern look even tho they were illegally ripped. I don't see how changing the characters look will ruin the game. As long its the same characters the fun is still there. But anyway the point of the matter is that I'm using the AC mods, but I'm still having fun with the game heres my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbBlShNNVN0.

People are always asking me about the AC models as well and most of them never heard of Bootleg

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012-10-14 03:26:32 »
I know what you mean it's just that AC is the events after FF7 not the same time so there clothing and weapons should be FF7 style Cloud didn't own the clothes he wears in AC or the Sword.

But all to his own i guess

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012-10-14 03:46:47 »
yup.. it all comes down to personal preference and tastes,

@masterj360
btw that video might contain links to ripped model, if so..  I think you should remove it :) :) just to avoid trouble

masterj360

« Reply #84 on: 2012-10-14 04:27:12 »
No problem  ;). The links only go 2 youtube channels that provided me the models upon my request.

I have a question and I'm sorry if this is off topic, but out of curiosity is Final Fantasy VIII getting the same modding support as in Quality Enhancement? Iv'e tried to do some research on it, but all I get is VII mods. Or is there a project in the works?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-14 04:39:40 by masterj360 »

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-10-14 12:05:22 »
Ok then, as for your question I've been wondering about that too, I read somewhere before that it's a bit more difficult to make a mod for ff8 I guess that explains the rarity in ff8 mods here.. like this gui overhaul and launcher
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11960.msg165749#msg165749
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9887.msg138554#msg138554

There was a retexture of the main characters and portraits
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13345.70

Not sure if this worked for pc..

masterj360

« Reply #86 on: 2012-10-15 00:04:10 »
Awesome. Thanks Raven for this I got a lead, so I'll look into this now

Andrew LB

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012-11-15 08:29:59 »
There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread regarding what is illegal and what is not. The one statement I read which needs to be repeated is...

Quote from: Shankifer
If you think it might be infringing copyright laws, It probably is.

The facts are that when you purchase a game, you are paying for usage rights. This is NOT to be confused with actually owning the content. The act of reproducing or altering the content in any way without the consent of the game's creator is technically against the law. Does this mean those of us who mod games need to worry about the Feds breaking down the front door and dragging us off to prison? That all depends on the company who created the game, their lawyers, and the answers to questions like...

- Is the individual causing our company harm to our brand?
- Are we losing income due to the individual's actions?
- Would pursuing legal action be worth risking public outcry?
- Are these graphical mods resulting in increased sales?
- Would the legal verdict in our favor solve the problem?

The only way to be 100% free of the risk of criminal prosecution is keep the mods in strict accordance with the game's EULA agreement. Every software developer has their own enforcement policy which can be completely against modding on one game yet permissive on another, so I suggest that you do your homework first.

Reading this thread immediately reminded me of how in 2004, a group of modders got together to put together an HD remake of the popular classic Chrono Trigger... resulting in Square-Enix taking legal action against them. This case set many precedents for digital copyright law and applies to almost all mods NOT specifically consented to in the EULA. We actually studied this case in one of the Jurisprudence
courses I took as an undergrad.

If anyone is interested, there is a blog called Law of the Game which is very informative and covers most aspects of digital copyright and trademark law.

This article "Your Nostalgia, While Charming, Is Illegal: the Problem with Fan Remakes" is one i recommend.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-15 14:44:48 by Covarr »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #88 on: 2012-11-15 11:03:08 »
Finally... the voice of logic! Well... as proven in the past and continues in the present, Square does not function with this "voice". That's what we conclude by it's final releases too... I wish someday some clever people take over and save the fate of this company which brings us fans such good memories.

For example allowing users to mod their ff7, ff8 anyway they wish to and helping them with their info will increase their ff7-ff8 sales which are so rare to find in market nowadays without even needed to waste money on a new production.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-15 11:05:48 by LeonhartGR »

enjamin

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012-11-17 03:47:53 »
I can't see it, I wish I could......

"Coming to Steam this January..... Final Fantasy VII! With Steam Workshop Support and the new Square Enix Creation-Kit!"

I think I would shit a brick... but it'll never happen.