Author Topic: FF7 PSX Extractor??  (Read 3987 times)

Ragna

• View Profile
FF7 PSX Extractor??
« on: 2007-10-03 16:57:45 »
Is there any program for extracting/replacing files in the PSX version of FF7?

I mean something like the Lasyan tools (very good ones, really).

Oh, and, someone have a version of Hack7 (program made by Lasyan) with the event editor feature?

The last versions stopped on having that feature, don't know why. @_@

Thank you in advance, I'm really interested in tweak some things in the PSX version
(though, I know I can't do much in that version u.uU ..for now.. hee hee!! ..ahem! xDDD)

Pleasyy!!
« Last Edit: 2007-10-10 21:49:39 by Henkäys Ikuisuudesta »

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: FF7 PSX Extractor
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-03 23:49:31 »
What do you mean?
The files are not packed into an archive in FF7... so I really have no clue what you are talking about.
As for replacing, that is a really difficult thing especially considering that FF7 uses a file in FIELD to get the sector and location for every file in that directory.  Modifying files such that they get larger or smaller by a sector is a BAD thing.  There is not easy way around it unless you relocate the file beyond the original image. Then the file violates the ISO9660 format specifications.
Trying to enhance files (IE battle models etc) is pointless as well. The PS1 hardware was the limitation.
Translation is another matter.

Cyb

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-04 14:34:51 »
Sorry, when I said replacing, I meant to update the ISO (in your HD) as you can do with Hack7.

Is there anything more like that..?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-04 22:40:58 »
Still as I said it's not a very easy thing to do.  The files are first of all COMPRESSED. Then you have as I mentioned earlier the problem of absolute location being used for the entire FIELD directory.
As for a program to modify a ISO file, no idea.  Anything is possible.  What are you trying to do? Replacing scripting is the easiest thing to do as far as I can tell.
You must re-compress the files correctly as well.
unfortunately the original data sets no longer exist, nor the utilities that were used to create the data we have no.  The whole process would be easier if one could just recompile and rebuild an image :D

Cyb