Author Topic: beta testers needed  (Read 3562 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
beta testers needed
« on: 2011-07-13 19:38:55 »
so now that I am working on a mac, I cannot test my field backgrounds in game. I do a lot of work in palmer to make sure there are no mistakes but the only way to be absolutely sure is to run through each screen and make sure there are no problems. So basically I am going to need beta testers to help me very soon, but I will only need a few so please only apply if you are serious. The job is easy enough, I will send you about 10-20 backgrounds for you to test in game every couple of weeks. While it is very easy I need you to be very thorough in testing and descriptive when describing any errors or inconsistencies. Any takers will be well appreciated and as a small reward I will allow you to keep the finished backgrounds before they are released. Hope to you hear from you all soon!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: beta testers needed
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-13 19:46:40 »
Yarlson, you may want to check into it a bit, I know some people have gotten FF7 to work in OSX.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-13 19:57:22 »
so now that I am working on a mac, I cannot test my field backgrounds in game. I do a lot of work in palmer to make sure there are no mistakes but the only way to be absolutely sure is to run through each screen and make sure there are no problems. So basically I am going to need beta testers to help me very soon, but I will only need a few so please only apply if you are serious. The job is easy enough, I will send you about 10-20 backgrounds for you to test in game every couple of weeks. While it is very easy I need you to be very thorough in testing and descriptive when describing any errors or inconsistencies. Any takers will be well appreciated and as a small reward I will allow you to keep the finished backgrounds before they are released. Hope to you hear from you all soon!

FYI you can run FF7 on mac OS, i have FF7 working on Linux / windows and MAC OS (10.6.6 iirc),  but i would happly test your backgrounds, you just need to let me know where they are :D

if you intrested in getting ff7 working on your mac send me a PM and ill get together the required info. so i can help you get it working. there is a guide around here somewhere that i wrote up for getting ff7 to work in wine you can see it here, although its geared for linux, installing on macOs is basicly the same but your on your own to install wine and Xquartz (or X11)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-13 20:20:15 »
sure if you could help me I'll give it a try, that would be great. I'll need probably another week to prepare, and a few more after that before I have anything to send you but I just wanted to raise awareness, even if i get it working it might still be a good idea to have other testers.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-14 02:50:18 »
This has 0 to do with Reverse Engineering or Scripting.  Please put some thought into where your topic belongs in the forums.  Moved.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-15 18:36:17 »
Wine has a OS X x86 port.

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-15 21:24:32 »
I have snow leopard on a non Apple PC there a many tutorials on the internet.

It's legal if u are use a original snow leopard DVD.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-15 22:40:03 »
I have snow leopard on a non Apple PC there a many tutorials on the internet.

It's legal if u are use a original snow leopard DVD.
It goes against the EULA. Whether EULAs are legally binding is an entirely different matter, one that even the courts don't seem to be sure of.