Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210109 times)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #75 on: 2014-06-25 21:38:13 »
I'm learning now about diffuse textures. Hopefully I can get this all wrapped up tonight. Any suggestions on a program for animating?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2014-06-26 06:33:53 »
Now this is awesome. This is my favorite part.

Tats ankle bracelets and minor detail and then the full res will be done

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2014-06-26 07:06:52 »
Is it possible to make with ZBrush a UVMap? That actually a very important thing.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2014-06-26 12:37:14 »
Yes. They have what's called UV master. Probably one of the most intuitive mapping programs

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #79 on: 2014-06-26 15:20:52 »
Oh gosh! That's a standing RedXIII! So irie!  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: 2014-06-26 15:32:23 by LeonhartGR »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2014-06-26 15:50:59 »
LoL LeonhartGR. Still have a ways to go yet. I feel like the fun part is pretty much over and I am now getting into the actual work mode with animation and porting

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2014-06-26 16:23:53 »
How many animations does RedXIII have? I figured it would be way less than most since he is not huge to the story line.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #82 on: 2014-06-26 17:55:29 »
He has 33 animations total. If you just want to edit the idle animation so he's standing up that wouldn't be too hard at all, but if you also want him to attack and run on two legs that'll take more time.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-26 17:58:37 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2014-06-26 18:18:34 »
only thing is that his head/neck structure is really not designed for going down on all 4s. You know what I mean? Although maybe I can start with the idle animation and toss him in the game just to see it. :)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2014-06-26 18:19:42 »
Im also considering the attack to be a bite and two claw swipes

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2014-06-26 18:24:17 »
If you cut and fill the holes for the neck and chest it should transfer from two to four feet stances just fine. It'll depend more on the animations. That attack would be very cool. It'll require some work in kimera though to remove the jump and flipping attack he does instead. Yeah starting with the idle animation and taking it from there's probably best.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2014-06-26 18:26:00 »
Will I be animating in Kimera? Or Can I animate in Maya

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2014-06-26 18:35:48 »
Being able to edit animations in Maya would be incredible lol. Sadly we currently have no way of exporting them from FF7 or back again. Kimera is the only animation editor we have. It'll do the job though. Kaldarsha and a few others have made some great alterations to the animations.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-26 18:37:29 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2014-06-26 19:39:17 »
K. Thanks again cmh. If wasn't for you guys this would be nothing but a pipe dream

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2014-06-26 21:01:03 »
Will I be chopping up the character in PCreator or Kimera or can I use zBrush to sake the individual parts as obj's?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2014-06-26 21:18:43 »
You can either cut the model up in zbrush or Blender (Maya if you have it). Pcreator will convert the .3ds files into FF7 .p files.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2014-06-26 21:53:05 »
OK here we go again. Not knowing anything about a program and hoping i can just make it make sense. Would you say the hard part as far as learning is over. I mean zBrush is pretty extensive. It would give me confidence to know the other software I will be working with is easier to learn. I know that the tediousness is going to increase, but I'm fine with that. I have enough patience, I could literally watch grass grow. LoL

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2014-06-26 22:01:18 »
Blender's pretty simple, and since you only need a few tools in particular to import a FF7 model it wont take long to learn.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2014-06-26 22:43:40 »
Last question of the night :)... should the hair be part of the head or part of head where it meets head and part of back where it meets back?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2014-06-26 23:03:35 »
You mean the neck piece? It's probably fine to leave it all part of the head. You'll need to cut the bottom jaw off though, it's a separate piece.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2014-06-26 23:31:03 »
so where there's a joint there's a new body part? ex: hand forearm upper arm and sholder

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2014-06-27 00:46:31 »
Yup, and for the most part yours will fit the skeleton the same way. Maybe easier to import yours first than do the animations. Which btw, you should pose the hands how ever you want them to look in the game first, because they wont move.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2014-06-27 03:07:25 »
Not sure how useful this might be, but you could use Gallian Beast's idle animation as a point of reference for where to have each part of the skeleton be for every frame of the idle animation. You'll be working with a lot of numbers so starting with that and then tweaking it so that the parts are moving together could be a way to start, assuming it works. Only problem is Gallian doesn't have a neck, it's just the head connected to the torso (but I think I read somewhere here that the neck was being omitted?) In any case, might be worth looking at.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2014-06-27 08:18:31 »
The best way to start to animate is to make a standard stance. Kill all frames except of one (but note the number of frames somewhere). Move the bones as you need them (Save often! Kimera likes to crash unpredictable!). Copy the frame so you have then 2 frames. The basic idea is to make two extreme animation conditions and let Kimera interpolating the rest. Well it could be that you will need sometimes more conditions. The real problem is that you can't copy a frame to another animation, so you have to do these steps over and over again every time and this makes it so hard to animate in Kimera (and the crashes!).

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2014-06-27 13:12:29 »
See I had no idea you could do that lol. That's certainly easier than I was expecting at least. With this in mind though you should actually do the animations first than. Kimera wont crash nearly as much with the original Red XIII model. Or use two Kimera windows and make edits to one with the original model, and just copy the animation file over to your imported model to see how you like it (just copy the **da file) that way you can do the import first if you like. Definitely save often, after every major change or every ten minutes.