Author Topic: FF7 v1.03 - Unofficial Hack Patch Released  (Read 9284 times)

Ultima

• View Profile
FF7 v1.03 - Unofficial Hack Patch Released
« on: 2002-07-30 13:41:56 »
*DELETED Because it ain't good enough for you guys*

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-30 15:04:02 »
And the purpose of this update is... ??

If FF7 needs an update, it's to make it TOTALLY compatible with modern & future equipment and software! Only THAT makes it a true update.

This "update" is nothing more than a user patch.

-S3D @ School

Ultima

• View Profile
*runs into corner and cries*
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-30 19:04:22 »
-_-

if you think you're so good do that yurself =P

-_-

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-30 19:23:23 »
I don't think Seph3D meant to offend you Ultima, but he has a pretty good point.  There's not much point in a patch like that, it would just mean that if anyone who doesn't have much knowledge of the orginal game will get confused when talking about the game with other people.  For example, there was a reason for giving each Bahumat summon a different name.

You said that was version 1.03, so I don't know what else the patch changes, but those kind of changes are usually best as a personal preference, they're not usually the kind of thing people release on the internet.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-31 04:19:33 »
eerrrr has it right. I didn't mean to offend you... sorry. :(

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Ultima

• View Profile
Sorry to go off on one, I really shouldn't have
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-31 04:28:34 »
That was my fault entirely, I was annoyed yesterday because a Malboro had just killed me =(

Sorry about that... well, ok... Ij ust thought people actually DISTRIBUTED their work... hacking FF7 is pretty useless then... what's the point of stuff like Cosmo?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-31 11:19:56 »
Since I have no idea what the patch actually did, I can't comment on much. However, naming a user patch exactly like the original and with a newer version number isn't only confusing to users (thinking it's official), it's a large step further down the "illegal scale"  :-?

Ultima

• View Profile
ermm.....
« Reply #7 on: 2002-08-01 15:10:50 »
numbers can't be copyrighted. Can someone please delete this stupid topic?

I really can't be bothered with FF7 anymore. I thought I was just utilising Ficedula's tools, but if he made them to sit there and gather dust, that's fine by me.

*goes to start a new game on PSX, where it WORKS, It has NO CRASHES, and is 10 TIMES BETTER*

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #8 on: 2002-08-01 16:41:04 »
Not the number, you... *mental strain to hold back for now*.  "Final Fantasy VII" is trademarked, copyrighted, you name it. It's like if I wrote a replacement for Explorer.exe in Windows XP and released it as "Windows XP 1.1". I do think you will agree that not only will it be confusing for everyone out there thinking it's official, but also that I'd be up to my ass in Microsoft lawyers

And what does ficedula's tools have to do with anything? (Btw, I believe the point was that the tools are mainly for personal/educational use, and not primarily meant for creating "mods" for FF7). But this topic was a discussion about the patch IIRC, and whether or not it was suitable to name it in such a way that it would appear "official". I also don't see why you're so offended by our comments. No one has complained about what the patch actually contained, only that it wasn't fitting to call it an "update", or call it "Final Fantasy VII 1.03". Updates are usually official releases to address bugs and add features which will benefit the entire user market. I did not get the impression your patch fit this description.

So the PSX version works better. Good for you. But this is where we discuss FF7PC, so it's really quite irrelevant. Since you're obviously interested in the mechanics of the game, you are still very welcome in these forums --- just leave that attitude by the door.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #9 on: 2002-08-01 19:04:28 »
Herr Qhimm, Ruler of the Universe, has spoken.

Kendrilian

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #10 on: 2002-08-01 19:26:44 »
I think I'll settle for "Ruler of the Forums", thanks.  :)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #11 on: 2002-08-02 01:32:12 »
Come on Qhimm... Why not just break down and call youself the "Administrator of Doom"?  :wink:

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Ultima

• View Profile
hmmm
« Reply #12 on: 2002-08-02 05:33:50 »
I've been a real idiot over teh last few days on this forum. I really shouldn't vent about external things here. Really sorry, I'm just misunderstanding, possibly because I'm trying not to understand -- Whatever.

Anyhow, I have a solution. I have friends on AIM who can try out the hack until I get it doing something you guys might consider useful. I won't realease anymore Patches.

That solves the fact that it might confuse new users.

I'll also rename it to FF7HackXX. That a bit more clear?

Sorry Qhimm, I'm just a stupid fool.

*goes to beat up Emerald Weapon*

vvalentine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2002-08-03 14:05:57 »
Why do all of a sudden was reminded about Joey?  Nevermind that.  
Anyways, did Joey left for good? or is he still around?

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2002-08-03 19:08:46 »
I'm not sure, it's been a while since he last posted. Maybe he's on holiday...

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2002-08-18 07:56:51 »
Didn't he say he was going to Japan to visit his in-laws or somet.

Nori

• View Profile
?
« Reply #16 on: 2002-08-20 03:17:16 »
I'm sure he is still around ^__^...