Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 548141 times)

JustPassingBy

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC/PSX] Save editor - Hyne (1.8.2)
« Reply #250 on: 2015-02-25 20:41:52 »
Yeah I had found that previously, hence the command output I pasted originally.

However with this new git clone, doing lupdate *.pro, lrelease *.pro and then copying the .qms to the build directory, I finally have a fully translated interface! I had already reached this point yesterday, so I don't know what has meaningfully changed aside from starting afresh again.

So tomorrow I'll see if I can compare my two FFVIII saves to try to work out what bits to flip to restore Omega Weapon and Ultima Weapon again :)

Thanks

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #251 on: 2015-02-27 21:56:14 »
since your running debian have you tried to use my daily ppa version?

you can add it by editing your sources.list(see below)  then if you want you can import the keys from the ubuntu keyserver to remove the annoying can't check package signing warning.

Code: ( add to sources.list) [Select]
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/sithlord48/ff7-daily/ubuntu trusty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/sithlord48/ff7-daily/ubuntu trusty main

hyne and others on the daily ppa are built anytime there is a code change.  so if you submit your fix as a pull request on hyne and myst merges it you will just get an update for hyne that contains your corrections :)
more info on the ppa page here

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #252 on: 2015-02-28 08:47:29 »
I think he wants to contribute to the code.
@JustPassingBy: feel free to contribute, you can fork the project on github

JustPassingBy

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2015-02-28 12:46:10 »
Thanks sith but myst6re is right - building from source is fine for me, I actually finished work with my Final Fantasy VIII saves a month or so ago, its just taken this long to reach this investigation task.

So, another repo again! Well, I certainly prefer github to Sourceforge so thanks, will switch to that. I managed to revive Ultima Weapon - with the HexaEdit Field tab, byte 15D (row 150 14th byte in) has been changed from 20 (in the save just after killing him) to 4 (save just before the battle, where 10 steam units are available).

I'll test this on a separate save now.

Edit: Works - currently Hyne only has the moment editor for Field data - where would be the most appropriate place to allow users to fiddle this value?

Final edit: Revived Omega Weapon too: Field data, byte 76 (row 70 7th byte in) ab -> 2b.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-28 16:31:28 by JustPassingBy »

rigald

• View Profile
Re: [1.8.2] Hyne - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #254 on: 2015-03-20 13:47:42 »
This temporary file is normally created in your user temp directory, but there is a bug and it is created on the current directory. On MacOSX it may causes problems. The next version will fix this issue.

Hi,

Is this problem still alive? I am wondering if it's possible to bypass this one by creating manually the temporary directory in the right place for Mac OS X?

Thanks.

« Reply #255 on: 2015-03-21 10:04:51 »
Thanks a great tool.

Well, I am a user of Japanese, there is a trouble.
I have installed two types of PC version, one thing in English released in 2000.
http://www.ign.com/games/final-fantasy-viii/pc-11737
The second is that of Japanese released in 2014.
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/category/DL01/SEDL_1021.html

Then I will call a save data of the former [ENG] and a save data of the latter [JPN].

When I import a [JPN] in Hyne 1.8.2, the name of Squall, Rinoa, Angelo, and GF's is garbled.
Would you mind to improve this?

---- Supplement ---
[JPN] was stored once in the format of the PS-type (JPN), this phenomenon does not occur when I load it.
Correct Japanese is showed.
[ENG] reads is okay.
"garbled" is mistake of latin font table and jp.

So it's a phenomenon of when reading the PC-type data, but I'm not yet able to keep track of the source.
Can not be added the handling data as Japanese to reading of PC-type data ?

[JPN] will be saved under :
%UserProfile%\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\jp
Folder name "jp" I feel that distinction about [ENG], but how about you?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #256 on: 2015-03-21 11:22:31 »
Thanks for these informations, I will look at it for the next version.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #257 on: 2015-03-21 20:40:58 »
Well, I am a user of Japanese, there is a trouble.

My post has nothing to do with Hyne, but with FF8 modding itself...
I have been meaning to ask a Japanese user this: 
シード実習生, can you use Tonberry on the Japanese version of the game?  Would Japanese users like the upscaled Triple Triad, Text/Icons, enemies, worldmap, and characters?  I would love to make Japanese versions of these mods!

rigald

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2015-03-22 09:41:39 »
For MAC OS X I found a solution for the moment,

Just Run the Application directly via the command line.
./Hyne.app/Contents/MacOS/Hyne

And It will works.

« Reply #259 on: 2015-03-22 10:57:30 »
myst6re
Thanks reply.
Because My poor English may fails to explain the problem correctly,
I uploaded some pictures.

"Incorrect" shows now status.
"Correct" shows what saved once in the format of the PS-type (JPN).

The name entry is "zt{ag}]", not "スコール".
By font table, "ス" of Japanese goes same point "z" of latin, and others so.
So, Reading data is not missed, but it's not Japanese font table.

Mcindus
What you are saying Tonberry makes the accuracy of textures better, no?
FF8 released in 2014 in Japanese is same one released in 2013 at Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/
So, it will not be result like you expected.

I did:
1. Unzipped TonberryEnhanced2.02.zip to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\".
2. Put ProjectEden_hm.csv, ProjectHellfire_hm.csv, SeeDReborn_hm.csv to "tonberry\hashmap".
« Last Edit: 2015-03-22 13:32:33 by シード実習生 »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #260 on: 2015-03-23 00:54:28 »

Mcindus
What you are saying Tonberry makes the accuracy of textures better, no?
FF8 released in 2014 in Japanese is same one released in 2013 at Steam.
I did:
1. Unzipped TonberryEnhanced2.02.zip to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\".
2. Put ProjectEden_hm.csv, ProjectHellfire_hm.csv, SeeDReborn_hm.csv to "tonberry\hashmap".

You will also need the textures for those mods.  I would try these mods to test:
 ProjectEden, SeeDReborn (which is for the English release, so it might not work), HorizonPack (world textures upscale), and Lunar Cry (an enemy upscale).

Here are the links:
Project Eden (This is a 1.3gb download)
SeeD Reborn
Lunar Cry
HorizonPack

(Project Hellfire isn't out yet... you can download rufoos textures HERE but his Shiva is naked. The project hellfire hashmap that you added should work for that, too!)

Put all of these textures into: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\textures"
Put your hashmap files into: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\hashmap"
Put the LunarCry objmap into: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY VIII\tonberry\objmap"

If after doing this, you have better field backgrounds, text, upscaled enemies, or a naked Shiva, it worked.   I think it will work because the Japanese release is the same as the Steam version, and it works great on Steam.  If it works, I will start -immediately- on a Japanese version of "SeeD Reborn" and "Tripod".  Arigato!

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it's not everyday I get someone from Japan to test things for me :)
Please private message me if you can so we don't have to litter this thread.  Thanks!

LADYFALCON

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2015-03-24 04:46:52 »
Ok, so, I am extremely new to this forum, well forums in general. (I'm just new to all this lol.) I downloaded the Hyne Save editor for Final Fantasy VIII but i can't get the saves to work am i doing something wrong, could someone please help me. I am trying to get a save file for my psp.

LADYFALCON

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2015-03-24 13:11:20 »
I am having trouble with my psp, I can't get the save on it. it has a firmware of 6.61 and i've been told i cant hack it, can anyone help please?

satansof2

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2015-04-10 01:17:32 »
removed question because i forgot that when you get the items for the weapons they appear as well :(
« Last Edit: 2015-04-11 02:01:59 by satansof2 »

delosd

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2015-04-29 14:05:31 »
Hi

I'm totally new to all this... I don't know what's going on. I have the Steam version of the FF8 and have Windows 8.1. I pretty just downloaded and extracted the files to the desktop and every time I try to open the application, nothing happens. I've checked the task manager and it's present but only as background processes. I can't see any menu or anything.

EditorMaster

• Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2015-05-24 07:21:19 »
Good job and keep up :)

CC-King

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2015-07-27 12:07:22 »
First of all: Great work! I love it :)

I downloaded Hyne because I want to continue playing the Steam Version of FF8 instead of using an Emulator on my iPad.

Problem:
Now I have created a save file which is a perfect copy of my original savestate (no cheats, I hate them). It took me hours.
The only problem I see so far is: a) Although I chose Seed Level 8, It shows no Seed Level at all (like before you become Seed in Disc1) AND I can't do any Seed Tests to increase the Seed level.

And what about Side Quests? I mean the Shumi, Winhill, Chocobo and CC-Kings Sidequest (which is very important because I need them in Disc 4 on the Ragnarok). Do I have to re-do all these Side Quests?

Anyone here who could help me with this issue? Thx. :)

« Last Edit: 2015-07-27 18:52:11 by CC-King »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #267 on: 2015-07-27 19:18:54 »
Do you try to convert the save file from your emulator to the PC version?
Normally, you only need to open and convert your memory card file from you emulator.

CC-King

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2015-07-27 22:22:49 »
You mean I can use my PSX save (from the Emulator) and convert it into a save file which works with the Steam PC version?

Then why the hell did I create a new save file? It took me hours to create a perfect copy....:(

How does the conversion work? I open the Emulator Memory Card in Hyne. But how do I save it as a Steam Save file?

EDIT: I managed to make it work. It totally changed the time played but I don't care as long as all my items, magic, progress etc. remain unchanged.

Really a great tool. :)
« Last Edit: 2015-07-28 13:11:44 by CC-King »

persona

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2015-08-15 18:30:50 »
For MAC OS X I found a solution for the moment,

Just Run the Application directly via the command line.
./Hyne.app/Contents/MacOS/Hyne

And It will works.

Thanks man, this works fine :) Hope a fix is out to fix the normal usage ;)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #270 on: 2015-08-16 15:32:01 »
Thanks man, this works fine :) Hope a fix is out to fix the normal usage ;)
I No longer have a working copy of Mac Os so i can not build newer versions of any tool i was maintaining (hyne, blackchocobo, makoureactor, deling or q-gears) if anyone would like to step up and become the Mac os maintainer for there let me know and i can help you get started

majoras_masque

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2015-09-23 17:20:28 »
Hey All,

First off, just wanted to say that this save editor is amazing.  I spent a few hours looking over the code, and it's truly great - thanks so much for making this. I was actually brought to the forum because I wanted to create the same thing, then I realized someone else already did it =] I have two questions though:

1.) How did you find out how to decode all the save data? There's a few variables and whatnot that you haven't figured out yet, but most of it you've managed to figure out how to decipher and manipulate, and I think there's WAY to much info for you to just and have trial/error'd your way through it.

2.) I'm having some trouble using it: I have a save file from the PS3 version, and I wanted to transfer it over to use through the Steam version on PC. I tried putting the file into the directory, opening with Hyne, right-clicking and converting to a PC version.  That seems to have converted it, but even when I used the "Sign saves for the cloud" feature, I can't access the file from within the Steam version of FFVIII - it hasn't been added to any slots, and I don't see it in the meta data. I tried changing the name to slot1_save01 format as well, but no luck.  Once it's converted to PC version, how to actually access it from within Steam FFVIII?

I also tried simply copy/pasting the hex code between the two, and although select-all -> copy works, select-all -> paste doesn't.  It'll paste, but the formatting get's messed up.  I tried using Notepad++ as a middle-man as well to take out /n's but that doesn't seem to help either.

Finally, I tried simply creating a new PC save in Steam FFVIII, saving in Garden as soon as I leave the infirmary, then going into Hyne and changing every single value to exactly what's in my PS3 save version, including items, magic, etc to be exactly the same.  From Hyne's POV, they're identical.  Then I boot up that save in Steam FFVIII and the Garden is in the middle of the water (floating though...) and Squall is running below it on top of the water... I cannot enter the garden either unfortunately.  (If it helps, my PS3 save, Squall was in the field immediately outside Centra Ruins, and the Garden was next to him).  I checked the save file with Hyne and found out that all the values in the Position segment of the Party tab were changed.  I was running Hyne as administrator at all times, in advanced mode, and used the Sign Saves for the Cloud... option always as well. Everytime I change those values, I log into the game and find nothing has changed, log back out, and find the values were reset to something else (the same thing each time).

Any ideas? I'd love to get my PS3 save into Steam somehow since the graphics are so much better, and my PS3 is dying XD

Thanks for your time and help.  This is truly an amazing show of fandom and great clean code!

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2015-09-23 18:29:50 »
Hyne doesn't support world map position edit. Enter to advanced mode, go to hex editor and select world tab. Positions are 4 bytes and you can identity them by FF FF 00 00 like structure.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-23 18:56:35 by MaKiPL »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #273 on: 2015-09-23 21:16:49 »
1.) How did you find out how to decode all the save data? There's a few variables and whatnot that you haven't figured out yet, but most of it you've managed to figure out how to decipher and manipulate, and I think there's WAY to much info for you to just and have trial/error'd your way through it.

Hello majoras_masque, when I started this project, there were two existing save editors for FFVIII (character editor I think and Griever). The author of Griever, Qhimm, has published the source code of its program, and I started mine with the help of what he discovered.
The main difficulty was to reproduce the checksum code (used to validate the save data), the one from Griever is in assembly language, and I tried to code it in C++. (and I did it with the help of Cyberman).

After that, when you can edit a file you can experiment your changes. If you are looking for something (for example the amount of gils of the party), you know approximately how it is stored, and it is not really difficult to find matching values.

2.) I'm having some trouble using it: I have a save file from the PS3 version, and I wanted to transfer it over to use through the Steam version on PC. I tried putting the file into the directory, opening with Hyne, right-clicking and converting to a PC version.  That seems to have converted it, but even when I used the "Sign saves for the cloud" feature, I can't access the file from within the Steam version of FFVIII - it hasn't been added to any slots, and I don't see it in the meta data. I tried changing the name to slot1_save01 format as well, but no luck.  Once it's converted to PC version, how to actually access it from within Steam FFVIII?

Hmmm maybe Hyne won't add a save file entry in the metadata.xml. Try to start the game, save at the first point, close your game, replace the save file by your exported .ff8 file from the PS3 memory card, and finally re-sign.

Amiral Benson

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2015-11-09 13:01:32 »
Hi myst6re,

I started a new game of FINAL FANTASY VIII on Steam and somehow I made a mistake, I usually never make mistake like this... I'm on DISC 1 at the beginning, just before leaving Balamb Garden to go to Timber, and I wanted to do the second stage of the Zell Love Quest. But in the Library, the Pig-Tailed Girl is not there, I'm surprised because I clearly remember talking to her before going to the Fire Cavern, I remember her saying all the rules of the Library.
I guess I talked to her, then lost a Triple Triad Game and load a save, and forgot to talk to her again.

So my question is, using Hyne, can I set my current save to have Zell Love Quest Stage 1 validated ?

I didn't find any settings related to that, but I was wondering if another way exist, like using the advanced HexEdit feature maybe? And in that case, if you know what I need to change.

Thanks a lot for your fantastic tool and your help.