Author Topic: [WIP] Cloud hires motorbike replacement  (Read 43280 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: [WIP] Cloud hires motorbike replacement
« Reply #25 on: 2009-08-28 04:42:07 »
'tis looking really nice. I have slayersnext's weapon mods... So will his buster sword or hardedge show up on the bike scene? Or millenia's for that matter...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-08-28 04:43:14 »
'tis looking really nice. I have slayersnext's weapon mods... So will his buster sword or hardedge show up on the bike scene? Or millenia's for that matter...

I doubt it

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-08-28 04:44:30 »
Ive never had any problems with fraps and the custom driver

Well, i don't think it has anything to do with Aali's opengl, fraps seems to decrease my fps horribly in any games like quake 3, battlefield 2, etc. strangely, when i record Crysis videos it's not that bad.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with their support for ATI cards, as my friend had just recently upgraded to the same ATI card as mine, and he has the same problems while trying to record vids in Asherons Call (old-ass MMO made by turbine) which shouldn't run like crap concidering its a very old game and we both have very new PCs.

Image/Video capture software works a lot better with windowed applications as opposed to fullscreen ones. Try windowing your game when you want to do a capture.

Hmm, ill have to try that out

No, once i put the weapon in it becomes part of the minigame's LGP. unless you were to repack it yourself, but i don't know if it would show up right unless you modify it slightly too.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #28 on: 2009-08-28 04:46:10 »

I doubt it
damn, it would be awesome if they can show up somehow. btw wut resolution do u run for FRAPS sl1982?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-08-28 04:47:57 »
Image/Video capture software works a lot better with windowed applications as opposed to fullscreen ones. Try windowing your game when you want to do a capture.

Hmm, ill have to try that out

I've just tried this, and I was able to record from the graphics driver with Camstudio. w00t!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-08-28 04:48:04 »

I doubt it
damn, it would be awesome if they can show up somehow. btw wut resolution do u run for FRAPS sl1982?

1280x800. My laptops native res

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-08-28 04:54:52 »
Okay, some good news. Turns out i can actually record videos with a good framerate during the bike game if i lower the res to 1280x800.

Now that i think of it, this would have made a lot of sense to turn down the resolution.

Huh. strange. when i run it in windowed mode, the colors are seriously f'ed up, but when i take a screenshot or a video, it shows up fine.

I'm gonna record a new vid. You guys want a vid of the buster sword in action? or the hardedge?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #32 on: 2009-08-28 05:05:02 »
Okay, some good news. Turns out i can actually record videos with a good framerate during the bike game if i lower the res to 1280x800.

Now that i think of it, this would have made a lot of sense to turn down the resolution.

Huh. strange. when i run it in windowed mode, the colors are seriously f'ed up, but when i take a screenshot or a video, it shows up fine.

I'm gonna record a new vid. You guys want a vid of the buster sword in action? or the hardedge?
I vote; Hardedge.  :-D

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-08-28 05:08:24 »
I vote; Hardedge.  :-D

Screw it, i feel like making both.

:roll:

EDIT:

Strange, i recorded the chase in segments, but for some reason windows movie maker only has sound on the first segment, all the other ones have no sound.

makes no sense because i play the segments through windows media and they all have sound.

god, i hate WMM
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 05:19:59 by bloodshot »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-08-28 05:35:24 »

:-D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8iqmoE2Io  :-D

New video, this one has a much better framerate, although the fraps.com logo is bigger because of the lower resolution. (might still be processing)

Its of the buster sword, ill have the hardedge video up soon hopefully.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-08-28 05:37:59 »
New video, this one has a much better framerate, although the fraps.com logo is bigger because of the lower resolution. (might still be processing)

For some reason, Youtube thinks it's better to make the crappy, low quality version public whilst the higher quality one is still processing...

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-08-28 05:42:02 »
Oops, lol - i made the hardedge video, and while doing so i didn't even notice i beat my old high score... and then i quit - and THEN realized it.

will post that one soon too.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-08-28 05:57:14 »
Hardedge video done - here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe8mF0MGyY
*sigh*  let it process.... :-(

MilesTailsPrower

• S.A.S. Leader & Founder
    • View Profile
    • Sexy Action Squad - Website (in dev)
« Reply #38 on: 2009-08-28 06:01:37 »
Nice work

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-08-28 06:07:45 »
Thanks.

Well, I'm going to bed, ill see you guys tomorrow, thanks for the help and feedback you guys have given me.

Oh by the way, when i release tomorrow, should i just upload both of my high-us.lgps? or should i upload the modified files seperately?

Im leaning towards the former choice.

Anyways, I've gotta go take a piss, I've been holding it in for a couple of hours now.

Night all.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-08-28 06:16:44 »
Oh by the way, when i release tomorrow, should i just upload both of my high-us.lgps? or should i upload the modified files seperately?

Im leaning towards the former choice.

I'm leading towards the latter; much less to download, and avoids the potential legal issues of uploading a file that (I presume) contains models made by Square

Anyways, I've gotta go take a piss, I've been holding it in for a couple of hours now.

Thanks for telling us that :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #41 on: 2009-08-28 08:00:31 »
Hmm, I was wondering. What if someone *failed* to steal a Hardedge from the 3rd Class soldiers in the Shinra Building? Will they still use the Hardedge during the bike scene?  :lol:

Thanks for telling us that :-D
ROFL.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-08-28 17:54:45 »
Okay, first release is coming, uploading the files now.

You guys don't mind filefront do you?

V1 release Links:

Buster Sword version:
http://www.filefront.com/14417109/Bikereduxv1buster.rar/

Hardedge version:
http://www.filefront.com/14417135/bikereduxv1hardedge.rar/

Tell me what you guys think of it.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 17:56:32 by bloodshot »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-08-28 18:01:17 »
Sweet, I can try this out and see how it looks with the ground textures not screwed up.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-08-28 18:34:55 »
Sweet, I can try this out and see how it looks with the ground textures not screwed up.

I just tested it with direct 3D, and the ground textures are fine.

I have a feeling its probably my card is having problems with Aali's opengl driver.

Strangely, thats the only problem i've ever encountered with the driver.

EDIT:

heh, never set use_shaders to false for aali's config -

causes some wierd-ass problems
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 19:01:13 by bloodshot »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-08-28 19:42:15 »
UPDATE:

Tifa apparently likes to steal clouds things. :evil:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-08-28 19:53:19 »
Does this minigame use separate textures for the portraits that appear next to the life meters, or the same portraits as the main menus just shrunk? If you're going to put Tifa in the main position, you'll want to swap their portraits.

Then again, it's still Cloud losing HP for the upcoming boss battle, isn't it. Hmm...

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-08-29 05:07:00 »
Does this minigame use separate textures for the portraits that appear next to the life meters, or the same portraits as the main menus just shrunk? If you're going to put Tifa in the main position, you'll want to swap their portraits.

Actually, i was really just doing this for 2 reasons:
1. to screw around and fun
2. My sister (she likes tifa)

I don't know, should i release the tifa version too?
It doesn't really make sense, as even *hypothetically* if i got the health to switch to effecting tifa, its still cloud in the cutscene, and tifa is still driving the car too.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-08-29 05:10:18 »
Hmm...

I'm in early stages of a complete script rewrite hack of FF7, to make it untrue to itself and hilarious (Reno will say "Got it memorized?" quite a bit). A Tifacycle could work for that, if you decide not to release this patch.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-08-29 05:20:12 »
Ill probably release it anyway, but i still have to fix a few things with the model.

namely, the hair.
If you notice, it is missing the double pony tail in those screens.