Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328441 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch, born again
« Reply #75 on: 2010-06-02 11:48:01 »
On the Highwind she will be placed:

When playing as Tifa/Cid
Where Tifa stands when you get Cloud back. She will be serious here.

When playing as Cloud

She'll be on the Deck, watching down. This is where the random/funny moments happen :-P

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #76 on: 2010-06-02 12:05:07 »
gon-be awesome

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010-06-02 14:07:45 »

When playing as Tifa/Cid

When playing as Cloud

She'll be on the Deck, watching down. This is where the random/funny moments happen :-P
Can't wait to see a major twist in the story now. :) I'd ask examples of the text she says in every scene but I'd rather wait your mod to finish. Good luck man you're Aerith's savior!! ;D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #78 on: 2010-06-02 20:07:49 »

When playing as Tifa/Cid

When playing as Cloud

Can't wait to see a major twist in the story now. :) I'd ask examples of the text she says in every scene but I'd rather wait your mod to finish. Good luck man you're Aerith's savior!! ;D

literally :P

Einlanzer

« Reply #79 on: 2010-06-03 20:17:24 »
I'm *very* excited about this.  Everyone knows Aeris is meant to be dead, but I'm a fan of having the full cast be playable, and Aeris' death leaves a
gaping hole in the party's roster.  I agree with the above poster regarding the weapon, but really she needs to have a full set of 4-6 if it's possible to do.
If it isn't, then luckily she has a few weapons that are 'extras' (non-sold) and can be modified to make her better during Discs 2 and 3 without destroying her in Disc 1. 

Here's what I'd do:
Princess Guard could be converted to a true ultimate weapon (8 paired slots, no growth, no item description, 80-96 atp)
Wizer Staff can be upgraded to a disc 2 quality double/triple growth weapon and relocated. 
Fairy Tale can become her regular growth late game weapon (70ish atp), available as either a bought or found weapon.

Good luck!  I can't wait.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-06-03 21:05:52 »
Just mimic other players weapons. They all have the same grade/slots for every char.
Although i think her weapons should have less attack and some of them have status, like boost party while HP is yellow, etc.

I miss status ailments weapons from FFVI and FFX.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #81 on: 2010-06-03 22:14:47 »
I miss status ailments weapons from FFVI and FFX.

you make those w/ materia :)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010-06-04 00:04:17 »
I know but would be interesting to have some weapons with added effects, making you choose between a weapon with a lower attack but some ailments or a higher attack one with no extra feature.
Like Organics having a 1/32 chance of casting poison, or other weapons have a % of death, or MP restore, or cast a spell, etc.

For example Ragnarok from FFVI that randomly casts "Flare" (although this was somehow a engame weapon so had high attack and bonus).

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010-06-04 11:32:40 »
I'm *very* excited about this.  Everyone knows Aeris is meant to be dead, but I'm a fan of having the full cast be playable, and Aeris' death leaves a
gaping hole in the party's roster.  I agree with the above poster regarding the weapon, but really she needs to have a full set of 4-6 if it's possible to do.
If it isn't, then luckily she has a few weapons that are 'extras' (non-sold) and can be modified to make her better during Discs 2 and 3 without destroying her in Disc 1. 

Here's what I'd do:
Princess Guard could be converted to a true ultimate weapon (8 paired slots, no growth, no item description, 80-96 atp)
Wizer Staff can be upgraded to a disc 2 quality double/triple growth weapon and relocated. 
Fairy Tale can become her regular growth late game weapon (70ish atp), available as either a bought or found weapon.

If Princess Guard will be her final true ultimate weapon then Aerith shouldn't get it at the temple of the ancients since it will be so strong that the boss there will only be a couple of hits and will be easy. I think there should be a secret to get Princess Guard like all the other Ultimate weapons like Vincent getting it from a hidden waterfalls.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-06-05 00:14:27 »

Here's what I'd do:

If Princess Guard will be her final true ultimate weapon then Aerith shouldn't get it at the temple of the ancients since it will be so strong that the boss there will only be a couple of hits and will be easy. I think there should be a secret to get Princess Guard like all the other Ultimate weapons like Vincent getting it from a hidden waterfalls.

i agree, but dont do something like with the HP Shout --; if you miss it you miss it --- NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ lol. but yeah, give it the full 8 linked slots, place it somewhere else and let it be hidden :D. maybe could script it to get it at the waterfall scene with Bugenhagen?

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010-06-05 13:57:02 »

Here's what I'd do:

i agree, but dont do something like with the HP Shout --; if you miss it you miss it --- NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ lol. but yeah, give it the full 8 linked slots, place it somewhere else and let it be hidden :D. maybe could script it to get it at the waterfall scene with Bugenhagen?

Actually, I still think it's the best place in the game to get it.  The temple of the ancients should really be the place for ultimate ancient stuff.  But having it unsuable until the waterfsll might be an idea.  Or having the weapon "morph" into its final form of ultimate weapon duing that scene might work.

That whole scene would need to be rescripted depending if you have Aerith back or not : one event if she's still dead and one event if she's alive.  And only make the weapon go ultimate if she's alive.  And force her in the party for that scene.

No clue how to set the triggers for that though ...

craziinova

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010-06-05 14:15:57 »
back in the day there was some epic rumours, like having to level up revive materia to a level 4 with buster sword to get the 'ressurect spell', and having to use a *tissue* in a non-existant scene in aeris house where cloud has an emotional breakdown in mourning her, going to see aeris ghost in the church, etc etc. i even remember button bashing like a freak for a week straight at her death scene cause some C**t spread a rumour about reviving her

I think a whole side-quest that equates to a good amount of playtime would do the girl justice, she's been dead for nearly 15 years :P although i think that you should not be able to revive her until at least half-way through disk 2

of course, low-level stuff like adding dialouge is the first thing to do.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #87 on: 2010-06-06 00:16:50 »
back in the day there was some epic rumours, like having to level up revive materia to a level 4 with buster sword to get the 'ressurect spell', and having to use a *tissue* in a non-existant scene in aeris house where cloud has an emotional breakdown in mourning her, going to see aeris ghost in the church, etc etc. i even remember button bashing like a freak for a week straight at her death scene cause some C**t spread a rumour about reviving her

I think a whole side-quest that equates to a good amount of playtime would do the girl justice, she's been dead for nearly 15 years :P although i think that you should not be able to revive her until at least half-way through disk 2

i believe i agree, Aeris definately deserves a sidequest of her own for ressurection, but first things first, making the patch actually work

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010-06-06 00:54:18 »
Wooah does anyone here understand what the fhrase 'baby steps' means?:P

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010-06-06 06:00:56 »
I know but would be interesting to have some weapons with added effects, making you choose between a weapon with a lower attack but some ailments or a higher attack one with no extra feature.
Like Organics having a 1/32 chance of casting poison, or other weapons have a % of death, or MP restore, or cast a spell, etc.

For example Ragnarok from FFVI that randomly casts "Flare" (although this was somehow a engame weapon so had high attack and bonus).

The double/triple growth and nothing growth weapons do that. Any item high in growth has much less slots and stats than a comparable single or nothing item...

Einlanzer

« Reply #90 on: 2010-06-07 05:55:49 »
Wooah does anyone here understand what the fhrase 'baby steps' means?:P

Yes, IMO initial priority should be just rewriting the script to accommodate her living and making sure she's debugged enough to be fully
playable through Discs 2 and 3.  Do you think making new weapons is possible, or just planning to modify some of her current ones?   

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010-06-09 14:25:46 »
Since when did nikfrozty start this patch? ???

EDIT: Cheers Bear, that really confused me lol. :P
« Last Edit: 2010-06-09 14:34:47 by ultima espio »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch, born again
« Reply #92 on: 2010-06-09 14:36:33 »
Figuring it out as I go.   Works In Progress/Projects will be left alone, but once a release is posted, a new thread needs to be made, and this one will be moved ... elsewhere..

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #93 on: 2010-06-09 14:40:04 »
Ok...That's a little confusing :P

So there will be one where we just post our progress, and another where we just post releases?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-06-09 14:43:17 »
Releases and updates will all be in the same thread in Game Tweaking.   Bug reports, suggestions, and general discussion go in programming feedback.   Check out the Black Chocobo thread in GT and PF.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010-06-09 14:44:13 »
Ohhh i see, that makes sense now :P

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010-06-09 15:27:00 »
Since when did nikfrozty start this patch? ???

EDIT: Cheers Bear, that really confused me lol. :P
Wait.. What?? I think obesebear moved all the other post or comments or he split this with the actual release of your patch?? If any other members are confused ulima espio's the man not me. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #97 on: 2010-06-09 18:27:24 »
well, just a reminder ultima, im here with my *ahem* awesome suggestion skills (as someone important to me has said) so if you need ideas, im one of the men you could use for em.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010-06-11 12:41:53 »

I kinda agree that Aeris deserves a sidequest to get her revived.
Tho using revive materia would be a bit weird.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010-06-11 15:54:34 »
Aeris:

"That's a nice wig Tifa, what's it made of?"

Tifa:

"Your mom's chest hair!"