Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007790 times)

rotschleim

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #3300 on: 2017-01-17 19:26:06 »
No chance to number 2.  And I want it on record for others that this is the issue with giving options for canon.  It's gone from character names, to places, to further exceptions - and now requests for spells.  Soon monsters.  Then dialogue (actually, it's already happened at least once).  It's the reason there has to be a line drawn - and it's the reason I am a pig when asked to make compromises. This is no reflection on you, rotschleim.  It just needs to be mentioned.

This is a retranslation project at the end of the day.  You can use touphScript and Makou reactor to change the game however you see fit. :)

As for number 1. It creates lines for the mouths.  FF7 PSX didn't have any mouths at all most of the time, but I believe that to have been a mistake caused by lack of time.  It's hard to say.
It's alright! I understand entirely. I've tried to use touphScript in the past, but I can't seem to get it to work? I suppose I should ask around on that, eh!

And thanks for the info on my first question; I won't need the mouth replacement mod while using The Reunion then. :)

romangabriel

• View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: 2017-01-17 19:38:21 »
Won't be any need for that crap if my next installer does what I've designed it to do. And it will be able to work completely independently of 7th heaven.

Awesome!  I don't know why i had so much trouble with this game, but its understandable that modifying a 20 year old game (which was a crappy port to begin with) and getting it to run on modern systems is no easy task. Thank you everyone who works hard on this stuff for us fans.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: 2017-01-18 00:49:54 »
goo.gl/8PhSv2

The Reunion Database has moved to here.  I am migrating to a new gmail account.

MasterVash

• View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: 2017-01-18 01:37:40 »
It's a complete update.

Not to be rude or anything, but I'm not quite sure that answers my question, at least not to my understanding.  I know it's a complete overhaul of the translation, but does it make the stuff like Jenova possessing Sephiroth, Hojo's experiments on Cloud, the hooded figures' significance, and other stuff obscured in the original english version more clear?  I really want to experience the story as it was supposed to be.

Thanks for letting me know about the new version, though!  I can wait 'til it's finished to play.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: 2017-01-18 02:21:51 »
. It is a complete retranslation and relocalization from the ground up, using the original Japanese script. The aim is to have an end product that is accurate and professional.

Surely that does answer your question?  The answer is yes.  8)
« Last Edit: 2017-01-18 02:23:45 by DLPB »

MasterVash

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: 2017-01-18 02:57:22 »
Surely that does answer your question?  The answer is yes.  8)

You might've wanted to keep the spirit of the localization or something, I dunno.  I just wanted to make absolutely sure, even if it does kinda make me look like a dunce.  :v  I cannot state how happy I am to hear that.  Thank you and Luksy and everyone else so much in advance for all the work put into Beacause and the other Reunion mods!  FF7 HYPE!

Edit:  I am so utterly confused.  I installed R05c because I wanted to demo it before R06 and I started a new game.  If I get a random encounter in the room after you name Cloud and Barret, I fight Mirage Weapon instead of some soldiers and it Stops me and kills me with Ice Raze.  I made it past that room once without an encounter and the rest of the Reactor seems normal, except the battles keep telling me \\Barret// defense stack+ and \\Barret// attack stack+.  I guess it's good that the game wants to \\༼ຈل͜ຈ༽// raise its Barrets \\༼ຈل͜ຈ༽// but I don't know WHY it wants to.  I think maybe I should have waited for R06.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-18 04:53:53 by MasterVash »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3306 on: 2017-01-18 07:06:33 »
Those random battle encounters are from a bad lookup table, and the Barret stacks + are from the New Threat mod. Whatever you had prior to installing Reunion was not wiped cleanly, so it's causing some serious issues. You should just uninstall completely, trash any junk files left over, and clean your registry before you install again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: 2017-01-18 07:32:48 »
You should always read the readme / help file. It's stated there that you must use the original files. Still, ts will have updated the scene look up table, so I have no idea why it still fails.  But New Threat and The Reunion are not compatible.

R06 will do away with this silly issue once and for all.

MasterVash

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: 2017-01-18 18:25:41 »
D'oh.  Now that you mention New Threat, I vaguely remember installing it a few months ago with plans to try it out, but never did.  I thought I was using a clean install.

levi235

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: 2017-01-19 05:01:46 »
Hey sorry I looked for this but can't find it anywhere (there's like a billion post on this site) does r05 come with a 9999 hp/dmg cap removal. r05 is by far my favorite mod to use so far (also using the hardcore mod simultaneously seems to be no problem either)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: 2017-01-19 05:18:56 »
Nope. It was removed permanently as of R04.

Vouru

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: 2017-01-23 05:30:02 »
@DLPB

Just a heads up your reunion has an error with 60fps using the overhauled character models on the steam. I have extensively tested this using the final fantasy 7 converter, overhauled models, default models, and weapon optional mod. During the intro the first battle off the train when the two guards attack the screen goes black and music continues to play before receiving and unknown error but only if you have overhauled models activated using the default models things proceed as normal. As I said after extensive testing I noticed another poster on the thread mention the same problem and you yourself hinting at it being the 60fps option. Sure enough I did another clean install ticked off the 60fps and kept everything else on and it worked like a charm.

Ps: when using the ff7 converter and modding the game in the C/Games folder the 60fps and the overhauled models seem to work fine though the text in the text boxes become skewed.

Giud

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: 2017-01-23 10:35:25 »
Hi Daniel, some time ago I asked if it was possible to disable the screen flash that happens during crits, limit breaks, etc. You said it could be done on the PC version. I asked Alyza about it as well, but unfortunately she's to busy atm. So, what do you say, would you be willing to give it a go? Since this would be a pretty big deal for me, I'd pay whatever it is you think is a fair price for your work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: 2017-01-23 11:16:39 »
I don't like asking for money.  And I never can put a value on it.,  But tell you what, if I manage it, you can buy me a cheap bottle of wine. I'm feeling like one after this cold that has laid me out a week. UK and US are roughly same now so let's call it 5 haha.  I'll let you know how it goes. See PM.

Out of curiosity, is this because of epilepsy?  Because I will also add this to Reunion. It sounds like it could be useful.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-23 11:22:22 by DLPB »

Giud

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: 2017-01-23 11:26:13 »
I don't like asking for money.  And I never can put a value on it.,  But tell you what, if I manage it, you can buy me a cheap bottle of wine. I'm feeling like one after this cold that has laid me out a week. UK and US are roughly same now so let's call it 5 haha.  I'll let you know how it goes. See PM.

Thank you! It would be amazing if you could get this done, that obnoxious screen flash was always my biggest pet peeve about this game.

EDIT: no , it's just very taxing on the eyes for some reason, way too bright I guess..
« Last Edit: 2017-01-23 11:30:06 by Giud »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: 2017-01-23 11:34:32 »
It's more or less done. But the same function is used for ALL whole-screen colour changes.  I'll send you a list of changes that you can decide upon. I mean, for example, the knights of round (prob all summons) use a custom flash that stays on longer and fades longer. Heat Wing (by an enemy near Junon) uses a long red screen transition that I am sure you will want to keep.

I'll pm you the details and list of changes.

Giud

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: 2017-01-23 11:39:00 »
It's more or less done. But the same function is used for ALL whole-screen colour changes.  I'll send you a list of changes that you can decide upon. I mean, for example, the knights of round (prob all summons) use a custom flash that stays on longer and fades longer. Heat Wing (by an enemy near Junon) uses a long red screen transition that I am sure you will want to keep.

I'll pm you the details and list of changes.

Holy crap, you're fast! I think i'm ok with every type of flash being removed, though. But then again, maybe the ones you mentioned could stay. I guess I'll just have to see for myself.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-23 11:43:39 by Giud »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: 2017-01-23 11:40:56 »
Heat Wing isn't really a flash - it looks more like a transition.  But if you want them all gone, that's v easy :)  I'll still provide a full list so you can change as you see fit.

Giud

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: 2017-01-23 11:45:47 »
Awesome, I love me some options.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: 2017-01-24 21:30:16 »
This Hext file can be used with FF7 to disable the screen flashing. Might be helpful to someone with epilepsy. Copy and paste into a notepad text file.

Code: [Select]
FF7_EN.exe

{by DLPB. IF USING 1998 version (not Steam), CHANGE THE ABOVE TO FF7.exe
{to make a change, remove the hash (#) from the start of a line. Then run HextEdit.exe
{Make sure to backup the exe before using HextEdit.exe

-400C00

{disable critical hit flash
#426008 = 90:5

{disable boss flash
#5BC668 = 90:5

{disable some limit flashes (eg. last flash of Omnislash)
#46E48D = 90:5

{disable summon flash and some Limit flashes (eg. Braver, Big Shot)
#5BFC2B = 90:5

{disable transition effects
#5344FF = 90:5

{disable all screen colour transitions/flashes. This will make the above options redundant.
#5BD436 = C3

This is for use with HextEdit.  If using with HextLaunch, or the new FF7ddraw dll when released, use the one below instead

Code: [Select]
{by DLPB.
{to make a change, remove the hash (#) from the start of a line.

{disable critical hit flash
#426008 = 90:5

{disable boss flash
#5BC668 = 90:5

{disable some limit flashes (eg. last flash of Omnislash)
#46E48D = 90:5

{disable summon flash and some Limit flashes (eg. Braver, Big Shot)
#5BFC2B = 90:5

{disable transition effects
#5344FF = 90:5

{disable all screen colour transitions/flashes. This will make the above options redundant.
#5BD436 = C3
« Last Edit: 2017-01-24 21:32:46 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3320 on: 2017-01-25 06:55:29 »
I should be able to add this into the 7H Catalog as well. I think it's a very good tweak for those with epilepsy or any kind of eye strain disorder.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: 2017-01-31 18:16:13 »
Since R06 will be using my DLL for installation, which also replaces all sound functions of FF7 (including a replacement for Aali's driver in this area), I am adding the original music from Anxious Heart to The Reunion, as well as the new stereo OGG sound effects. This is a new mod and will come with the name Audio Replacement.

In the meantime, meet my new message received alert (one of the new sound files - but normalized here):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B43luAxFZKC-b2xUbU1xcDFmSVE

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: 2017-02-01 09:41:33 »
I think it's a very good decision.

Anybody serious about modding FF7 would want to have both Reunion and Anxious Heart! ;)

The alert sound has all that special Final Fantasy vibe!

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: 2017-02-01 10:19:57 »
Such great news. Wasn't ever expecting you to bring them together after asking about it a few months ago.

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: 2017-02-02 12:56:22 »
Can someone help me understand what the Anxious Heart mod does at present? I was under the impression it replaced FF7PC' s midis with Ogg files that more faithfully resembled the PSX versions. However, didn't Square-Enix update the Steam release with their own Ogg versions? I guess I'm not clear on how Anxious Heart is an improvement.