Author Topic: WIP a patch to convert new FF7 to old  (Read 112941 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: WIP a patch to convert new FF7 to old
« Reply #125 on: 2012-09-02 01:44:22 »
ONLY with this patch can you mod it
and no, achievements or the stat booster dont work anymore

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #126 on: 2012-09-02 18:51:40 »
@kranmer read the last couple posts on this thread.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13425.50

i know its like making an ultima edition but if only file for other languages are removed then it should work flawlessly. and maybe this feature one day can be apart of your patch.

also where can i learn to make programs similar to yours

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2012-09-03 08:04:15 »
@kranmer read the last couple posts on this thread.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13425.50

i know its like making an ultima edition but if only file for other languages are removed then it should work flawlessly. and maybe this feature one day can be apart of your patch.

also where can i learn to make programs similar to yours
I was aware of what he was doing (some of my posts are in the last few of those posts), i haven't really though about adding it to this but it might not be a bad idea to do so, i will ask the author for his permission to add it in the next version. Also adding it does NOT make it anything like the ultima edition, the whole point of his BAT file is to reduce installed space.

When you say you want to make programs like me do you mean you want to make installers or do you mean patches ? For installers i use Inno Setup and its pretty easy, for making patches i use different programs depending on the sort of patch i need (sometimes i use Hexteditor and sometimes i use DUP2,Vpatch or Xdelta)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2012-09-03 08:14:46 »
from what i understand the ultima edition was made to allow a non disk ff7 with a low file size. rerelease after the patch is non disc and working on the file size.

if i want to create an automated installer for models in between bootleg releases what would i need to learn
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 08:28:37 by omega res novae »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-09-03 08:57:38 »
if i want to create an automated installer for models in between bootleg releases what would i need to learn
Well DLBP already has a model installer called UMI which includes a lot of models and is fairly upto date (only the latest models probably aren't included but probably will be in the next version), but if you wish to create your own i suppose you could. To start with you would need the tools, so pick a tool for decompressing LGP's, then you need to make a BAT file with the commands to decompress the LGP and then copy the files across  then you can make a installer using Inno to do all of that automatically, if you need any more help on this i could go deeper into it but i won't in this thread (we will do it in PM) since this thread is for the new to old patch.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012-09-03 16:09:15 »
from what i understand the ultima edition was made to allow a non disk ff7 with a low file size. rerelease after the patch is non disc and working on the file size.
If the patch only works on legally activated versions, it's a non-issue from an ethical standpoint. Is it possible to add this? How detectable is an activated copy?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012-09-03 18:31:36 »
If the patch only works on legally activated versions, it's a non-issue from an ethical standpoint. Is it possible to add this? How detectable is an activated copy?
Well i am looking into how to make this work on only activated versions but the problem i ran into is that the HKEY_USERS key for activation is different on everyone's system so no 2 peoples are in the same place which makes it hard to add a check so i need to try and find a different way of checking for activation.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2012-09-03 18:58:06 »
once the game has been activated and makes it into the launcher would you be able to check it against a running process if the launcher is up?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-09-03 19:04:04 »
once the game has been activated and makes it into the launcher would you be able to check it against a running process if the launcher is up?
well checking a running process is easy but people would have to run launcher.exe just to install this and also it could be faked easy by making any EXE named launcher.exe and running it, so i really wouldn't want to do it that way.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-09-03 19:10:03 »
im out of ideas. maybe threats will work

edit
the game has to know how to look for the reg key somehow. find the path for the reg key from the exe or a dll or something?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 19:33:50 by omega res novae »

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #135 on: 2012-09-04 20:42:18 »
I believe this is a non-issue. If somebody downloads an illegal copy of the re-release, then runs this program, they'll still need the Disk 1 CD. Unless I'm missing something.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #136 on: 2012-09-04 20:58:29 »
I believe this is a non-issue. If somebody downloads an illegal copy of the re-release, then runs this program, they'll still need the Disk 1 CD. Unless I'm missing something.

you are missing the part where a dummy ISO or renamed USB drive bypasses that CD part
how else would the people who buy the 2012 re-release play the game? they dont get the CDs lol

« Reply #137 on: 2012-09-04 22:34:01 »
This package perfectly and completely bypasses 2012 FF7s DRM. It's all you need to crack a copy open for pirates.

Don't really understand why you folks are so anal about naming and shaming pirate users but allow a complete tutorial and package on cracking Square-Enix's DRM to be posted and supported by site administration.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012-09-04 22:55:56 »
1 the patch's purpose isnt made to crack the game, its made so all you leechers can enjoy the mods offered here
2 having the patch authenticate the install is being worked on so instead of griping off some suggestions
3 if your first choice to crack the rerelease is this patch youre an idiot. this patch is really only helpful to those that want to mod. as a crack it takes too much effort to run without errors. as far as i know the couldnt lock sound buffer error still exists
4 you registered an only an hour ago and your first post is a pretty ballsy one. if you were concerned with us being hypocrites then a respectful message should have been posted raising the issue

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2012-09-04 23:59:02 »
This patch doesn't completely bypass the DRM.  You lose many of the new features: cloud saves, achievements, cheats and various tweaks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #140 on: 2012-09-05 07:21:10 »
I really hope Kranmer can pull off the activation check. I try to diverge them away, but they are starting to catch on and insist on rubbing it in :'(

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2012-09-05 08:08:50 »
I personally don't mind spending $10 to help a company I love. It's not in my blood to post all the negatives about them. I like to focus on the positives because after all, they did produce two of my favorite games of all time in Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger.
I really appreciate your positive attitude. I wish I could be this enthusiastic. Unfortunately, negative attitudes from others make me feel, well, negative.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012-09-06 09:09:11 »
im out of ideas. maybe threats will work

edit
the game has to know how to look for the reg key somehow. find the path for the reg key from the exe or a dll or something?
Well from what i understand about securom is that it uses a different reg key on every system which is generated by your own hardware (this is why you can't just take someone elses registry entries to activate the game) and since the key is different on every system i don't think i can add a check this way, i am looking into other ways but to be honest i am not having any luck so far :(

This package perfectly and completely bypasses 2012 FF7s DRM. It's all you need to crack a copy open for pirates.

Don't really understand why you folks are so anal about naming and shaming pirate users but allow a complete tutorial and package on cracking Square-Enix's DRM to be posted and supported by site administration.
OK i am gonna try to make this as clear as i can, this does NOT break any DRM what so ever, the 2012 DRM is still there, hell even the original 1998 DRM is still there. All this does is patch the 2012 version back to the 1998 version NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS this doesn't crack or break anything.

----------

I am trying to make everyone happy with this but i can't seem to find a way to check activation, I could make it check to see if a file exists or not, so i may be able to make a check to see if someone is using the original game EXE or a cracked EXE when they install this (not the best method but so far this is all i can come up with), I could really do with more information on the activation process.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2012-09-07 15:45:48 »
I really hope Kranmer can pull off the activation check. I try to diverge them away, but they are starting to catch on and insist on rubbing it in :cry:
Don't give up. These pirates will have the devine beings to answer to someday for their theft. I recently was told by an ex-co-worker of mine that he received an e-mail from NBC-Universal of North America. Can you guess what that e-mail said? I will give you a hint. My ex-co-work claimed to download through bit torrent at least one film a week.

Narzack

• View Profile
    • Not One Zombie
« Reply #144 on: 2012-09-08 05:18:27 »
So, the patch worked great.  Super simple process.  But, now, I can't for the life of me find out where the save games are being stored.  Google hasn't helped me one whit. 

Using Windows 7, 64-bit, if that helps.

EDIT- Doesn't seem to be in the install directory, nor in My Documents-which has the 2012 saves.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-08 05:38:20 by Narzack »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #145 on: 2012-09-08 06:17:29 »
That is odd. There should be a folder called "save" within the install directory.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #146 on: 2012-09-08 06:30:41 »
Don't give up. These pirates will have the devine beings to answer to someday for their theft. I recently was told by an ex-co-worker of mine that he received an e-mail from NBC-Universal of North America. Can you guess what that e-mail said? I will give you a hint. My ex-co-work claimed to download through bit torrent at least one film a week.

and thusly he got caught uploading stuff which is what companies care about.

also, 99,99% of all pirates go unharmed. and after-death anything is scientifically unproven.

Narzack

• View Profile
    • Not One Zombie
« Reply #147 on: 2012-09-08 15:19:49 »
That is odd. There should be a folder called "save" within the install directory.

Yeah, I thought that's where it was supposed to be.  I can load the save within FF7, so it must exist somewhere.  I just can't find it.

Narzack

• View Profile
    • Not One Zombie
« Reply #148 on: 2012-09-08 15:51:52 »
Actually, does anyone know if a save made with the 2012 client can be transferred to the old client?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012-09-08 19:06:45 »
yes. Saves are 100 percent the same. Thex simply made a system to check the validity