Author Topic: FF7 _PSX_ Mod-ability  (Read 2873 times)

BrutalAl

• View Profile
FF7 _PSX_ Mod-ability
« on: 2006-02-25 14:56:25 »
IF one would want to Modify* FF7 (PSX) would her/his future look any bright? I've glanced through the Tools available at this and affiliate sites but most, if not all, of them seems to be for the PC version.  :erm:

*Can be anything from enemy stats, battle spoils, chest content, dialogues/text to enemy logics, battle setups, field events, the works

Mod Edit: Moved to Game-Tweaking

BrutalAl

• View Profile
Monologue
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-27 23:59:35 »
I'll interpret this... silence as a "not very bright at all"  :z

Otokoshi

• View Profile
FF7 _PSX_ Mod-ability
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-28 00:13:58 »
Maybe glancing at the search function would be wise.  This topic has been brought up over a half dozen times since I registered here.  The answer remains the same, no.

FeuFeu

• View Profile
FF7 _PSX_ Mod-ability
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-28 10:29:34 »
Maybe not, in fact. Some tools works with files (or file formats) that are the same between the two versions, so it's highly doubtful those ones only work for the PC version.

Indeed, programs like Jenova, the save editor won't work, since the save headers are different, nor will any program editing ff7.exe. On the other hand, tools like FiceLZS (LZS archive extractor), Scene Explorer/Scene Edit (for editing scene.bin) will work with the PSX version : I tested them with the US version, I had no problem.

The main concern here is to know what you want to modify and where it's stored. For instance, if this is located in ff7.exe (for the PC version), you're most likely screwed. If this is located in scene.bin, there won't be any problem.

(By the way, nice to see you here, BrutalAl :) )

BrutalAl

• View Profile
FF7 _PSX_ Mod-ability
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-01 15:36:34 »
Quote from: FeuFeu
Maybe not, in fact. Some tools works with files (or file formats) that are the same between the two versions /.../
(By the way, nice to see you here, BrutalAl :) )

I see, might be worth a in-depth look at sometime then after all.

heh, nice to c u 2