Author Topic: The Lifestream interview with SEGA Chief on the New Threat mod  (Read 2671 times)

Wiseman

• View Profile
The Lifestream is a Final Fantasy VII fan website. They have just published an interview with SEGA Chief on their Youtube channel. They mostly talk of the New Threat mod for Final Fantasy VII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOQ4PnLE9Q&t=618s

obesebear

• View Profile
I would have loved to listened, but good god the interviewer's voice is unfathomably bad.  Why is there a filter on it? At least I'm assuming that's a filter. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard

Wiseman

• View Profile
I didn't know Tifa was as weak as SC described. Usually for me she has the fourth best strength, and highest dexterity. He mentioned that she had mediocre dexterity perhaps because in the base game no one truly has great Dex growth considering it maxes out at 255 like the other main stats?

I would have loved to listened, but good god the interviewer's voice is unfathomably bad.  Why is there a filter on it? At least I'm assuming that's a filter. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard

I had a worse time understanding what Sega Chief was saying.

Sesquipedal

• View Profile
Although he could def make use of a better quality mic or recording software (or if it /is/ a filter please remove it), it's wasn't as bad to listen to as described above.  Sega Chief has a thick accent but you get used to it.  I find if I don't look at the cactus' mouth moving, it's easier.  The mouth is way too on point for stops haha. 

Loved the interview though.  I can really tell Sage Chief has some serious love for the game, and everything went into this.  I never thought to play it but now I have the urge!   Lifestream let him talk and explain which is not super common in interview style vids unfortunately, so thank you kindly for doing a good job.