Author Topic: Cant get Final fantays to run right ( black screen issue )  (Read 17415 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Cant get Final fantays to run right ( black screen issue )
« Reply #25 on: 2012-07-24 20:35:57 »
i own the original CDs but i did download these but i have tried 2 different copies ive downloaded and i still get same issue.
Doesn't matter if you own the original, we do NOT support downloaded copies here. Rip the ISOs yourself, if you have the actual discs.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-07-24 20:37:47 »

I had a feeling we were dealing with a copy... sigh.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-07-24 20:55:32 »
So thats what causing the issue is because its a downloaded copy?

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-07-24 21:01:30 »
or you didn't turn you ANTIVIRUS off. If you looked at the bootleg forum posts 50% of the time that is said.

Its like reading is a lost art.

EDIT: Apparently I can't read to well. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-24 21:09:14 by JobeStroud »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-07-24 21:05:53 »
No i clearly said i turned off anti virus during last 10 installs it seems and nothing seems to work on making the charater models in battle be the better looking ones than default ones so idk rly.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-07-24 21:08:38 »
or you didn't turn ou ANTIVIRUS off.
He said he turned it off. Its like reading is a lost art.

But in all seriousness, a CLEAN downloaded copy is insanely hard to find. Even the ones that are supposedly untouched are often ripped incorrectly or tweaked. If you have a legitimate copy to use, I bet your problems all vanish.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-07-24 21:10:04 »
Ya but the problem is the orignials are um..unplayable :/ no way i could rip a perfect ISO

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-07-24 21:20:16 »
Sorry I was a idiot..
« Last Edit: 2012-07-24 21:26:50 by JobeStroud »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-07-24 21:27:59 »
Nah its cool man lol dont worry.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-07-25 04:03:41 »
What is the actual file  that does the in game battle textures different off the mods site? Cuz i been trying since last post and like before, everything works except that lol...i looked through the files and not exactly sure which one it is. I know the cloud model by defaul on full installation is Clould APZ i believe?

EDIT. Before i start the game and hit Play FF7, would the enhanced battle charaters show up even if i choose Normal or would it only load those if i choose Remixed or Hardcore or something?

EDIT 2: ok some very good news, i got the battle charaters finally fixed, all i did was take out the mod Avalanche High res or w/e mod. But.....new problem came about lol...clouds sword is gone in battle, its not there :/ i saw someone else make a topic recently and he hasnt got a response yet so thats only issue so far. Trying to see if i can fix it but have no idea bout this one. Was pure luck getting textures to work, so if anyone has a fix for why sword is gone i would be all set to finally re enjoy this game ^^

EDIT 3: I downloaded cloudssword installer and the sword appeared normal but barret is like half invisible and earlier when i said the battle models were fixed, they were but only for cloud, the bad guys models are still default it seems :/  Is there mods i need that arent listed in bootleg cuz the cloudsword one wasnt in there but thats what i had to install seperate to make it show up in game.

UPDATE: figure i post this incase other ppl have issue. Ok so i got everything to work but from my searching today, there is no enemey models re done, well there is but there not part of the installation or a fully done project  that i can find. Anyway i finally got cloud/barret/sword all to work fine. I dont know about other charater models as i have not played that far today but heres what i had to do to get it all to work.

I had to take out the folder Avalanche high res, i had cloudsword installer downloaded seperate. Run bootleg and let it install all mods, then i ran cloudsword installer seperate and avalanch high res pack separate and now all is fine.

Im pretty sure ima run into something else later in game, hopefully not but we shall see, as of right now i can least enjoy it, thanks for all the help and who posted, ty :)

« Last Edit: 2012-07-25 20:38:16 by Slider6996 »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-07-27 00:19:52 »
Ok so finally been playing for bit and sadly came across a game breaker..i did how ever search and i saw what pitbrat said to fix but im not exactly sure how to apply the fix. The problem is Aerith, in battle she is kinda doing what barret did, appearing to be missing parts of her body and not fully rezzed, looks strange honestly. Now i saw a fix where it was said to use PCreator to change textures from 12 to 10 and i have it downloaded and open but um...what do i do and how do i change what i need from 12 to 10. I see nothing or know where to go to change this.

Any info possibly?

EDIT: and another weird thing is happening during install. Its constantly saying the Aeris revial patch 2011 rar is missing, ive re downloaded twice and placed in bootleg and i see in DOS screen it says its missing still, i dont get it?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-27 04:18:56 by Slider6996 »

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-07-27 12:20:03 »
You seem to be having the most trouble out of anyone I heard or seen on this forum.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-07-27 13:51:21 »
You seem to be having the most trouble out of anyone I heard or seen on this forum.
It's because he's using a pirated copy.

On that note, WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL HELPING HIM? The rules explicitly say "Assisting people that use pirated software is also forbidden." There is no proviso for if they own a legal copy but don't use it. They must be USING a legal copy of the game. We have this rule for a reason, and the next person to provide assistance with a pirated copy in this or any WILL BE WARNED. Remember, always check for that pirate avatar before providing tech support.

Slider6996, if, as you previously said, your genuine copy is unplayable for some reason (lost? scratched?) then either find a way make it playable or get a new one before we will provide anymore support. And we will need photos.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-27 13:53:21 by Covarr »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-07-27 19:33:50 »
Ya ive tried years ago to replay it on pc and its just not happening. Only thing i knew to do is see if i can get the disk resurfaced but if i remember the place at the mall ( CGX i believe ) stopped doing that awhile ago for some reason. Ill see what i can do though, i honestly thought since i owned the game i was just kinda downloading a backup u know. That was my justification, but ill post back if i can get it working and rip my own ISO.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-07-27 20:02:14 »
Ya ive tried years ago to replay it on pc and its just not happening. Only thing i knew to do is see if i can get the disk resurfaced but if i remember the place at the mall ( CGX i believe ) stopped doing that awhile ago for some reason. Ill see what i can do though, i honestly thought since i owned the game i was just kinda downloading a backup u know. That was my justification, but ill post back if i can get it working and rip my own ISO.
Even if ya do own the game, downloaded copies are all kinds of trouble. A large part of the reason we don't support them, besides simple copyright, is that it's often a lot more work to figure out what's wrong.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-07-27 20:21:45 »
Ya no i understand man, i just assumed since i did own pc game but it wasnt my owned rip iso's it would be ok. I might be in luck though on getting another copy, waiting to hear back from friend but if not i might amazon one but man..60 bucks for it used...lol geez.

EDIT. i do have question, i know how to rip ISOs cuz i did it before when i made ISO/bin copy of tenchu for when i played it on pc through a emulator. Now my question is, if i can get ahold of a copy that works but still aint mine and rip the ISO from theres, is that fine? Not sure i can yet though cuz she hasnt answered yet if she still has a copy but is that fine?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-27 20:25:44 by Slider6996 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-07-27 21:28:12 »
You have to own the original game and have made a rip from it.  That's the end of it. You can't copy your friends game that is STILL PIRACY! No one here would think harshly of you if you had a working copy of VII but the way you are going on I think it is pretty obvious you do not own the original discs at all.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-27 21:30:50 by DLPB »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-07-27 21:44:17 »
I do have the orginal disks but i saw another poster say he did the exact same thing on another topic and nobody said that wasnt ok, if i can find the post i will but all i was doing is asking, i dont know what is not ok and all hence me asking. It was said downloading a copy was bad so since mine cant be used but i own them i thought i could use a friends legit copy and make iso from hers? Since thats not ok now i will look into buying a copy, all i was doing is asking to make sure. I could easly lie and say ya hey i got legit copy but im not, im seeing what options are. And from way it looks ima just have to buy another copy off amazon but at 60 bucks ugh..ya..we shall see though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-07-28 01:49:55 »
We have this rule for a reason, and the next person to provide assistance with a pirated copy in this or any WILL BE WARNED. Remember, always check for that pirate avatar before providing tech support.

Yes but leaving his requests in place invites that.  You should at least place a strike-through and a comment on the post and stop the person from continuing to seek help on the matter?

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-07-28 04:32:14 »
Im not even asking for help no more since we established my download copy isnt supported. I was told to get another copy with pics which i am going to do, no need to be worrying. Didnt realize was gonna be that big of deal.  Im 30 years old and could of easly lied from start saying i got legit copy but was honest and figured since i had legit copy of pc game it was ok, now that i know its not i am going to get one from amazon. Actually found few for 47 dollars ^^

So will report back once i get actual copy and if i have same issues...lol..

Is it possible for me to remove the topic all together or should i just delete all my posts all together so theres not a issue here?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-28 04:39:21 by Slider6996 »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: 2012-07-28 08:25:15 »
I would just keep your posts. If a moderater locks/deletes that's their business. as far as a troubleshooting thread I think this would assist many people with legitimate problems with perfectly legal and yes, perfectly illegal copies.

In all honesty, no matter what the forum, or site you are visiting tolerates. I would never, ever, outright tell people you are using downloaded ISO's off the web, just a helpful tip. I don't care if you bought 40 copies of the original, the downloading is still Illegal unless they are YOUR files. That said, I'm not saying you're wrong to do it, plenty of pirated games work fine. But for the sake of yourself and the sanity of those around you (especially moderators on forums), if you question the legality of the game you have, don't bring it up period. If the people helping you can't figure out whats wrong, then assume you have a bad copy. You don't want to be throwing information and questions like "Hey interwebs, I just stole this game, can you help me make it work?"

So for future reference, always keep incriminating information to yourself, because the people on this forum could not care less about what you do outside of this forum as far as piracy, ripping models, and other copyright infringing business.

Not trying to be a d*ck, just trying to give you a heads up to make sure you don't get yourself into some trouble for no good reason other than some loose-lip syndrome.

and personally, I think 47 bucks is way too much for this game, Its good but... damn! lol, I understand why people download it all the time.

Best of luck with your issues.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-07-28 10:07:47 »
I would just keep your posts. If a moderater locks/deletes that's their business. as far as a troubleshooting thread I think this would assist many people with legitimate problems with perfectly legal and yes, perfectly illegal copies.

In all honesty, no matter what the forum, or site you are visiting tolerates. I would never, ever, outright tell people you are using downloaded ISO's off the web, just a helpful tip. I don't care if you bought 40 copies of the original, the downloading is still Illegal unless they are YOUR files. That said, I'm not saying you're wrong to do it, plenty of pirated games work fine. But for the sake of yourself and the sanity of those around you (especially moderators on forums), if you question the legality of the game you have, don't bring it up period. If the people helping you can't figure out whats wrong, then assume you have a bad copy. You don't want to be throwing information and questions like "Hey interwebs, I just stole this game, can you help me make it work?"

So for future reference, always keep incriminating information to yourself, because the people on this forum could not care less about what you do outside of this forum as far as piracy, ripping models, and other copyright infringing business.

Not trying to be a d*ck, just trying to give you a heads up to make sure you don't get yourself into some trouble for no good reason other than some loose-lip syndrome.

and personally, I think 47 bucks is way too much for this game, Its good but... damn! lol, I understand why people download it all the time.

Best of luck with your issues.

Ya man get what ur saying, it was just a assumption on my part and my own justification of me owning the game is what made it seem ok in my head but i know now its wrong but i had no reason to lie rly. Could i have? Sure but i didnt cuz thats just me lol. And i saw on one of the topics here that someone else mentioned he downloaded a ISO for same reason as me technically and i dont recall anyone saying anything to him and he still got help. It could of been a old topic honestly i dont remember cuz i browsed alot of them looking for info but yea, now i know better and learned the lesson.

47 dollars was pretty cheap compared to what i saw on ebay and i honestly think the ones on ebay were fake, least some of them anyway and they were in the 80-100 dollar range. Amazon was 60 but then i looked again and saw some for 47+shipping which im gonna probably get to erase the issues being related to downloaded ISO cuz before i deleted the copies i had. I did notice one interesting fact and it makes me for sure think the guys are right bout the issues being cuz its downloaded. Every single disk size was different from the other filed ones from the 3 copies i had, and by a big margin of size which is rly strange. So once i get legit replacment im hoping that fixes all the issues cuz i havent replayed this game in over 10 years and rly want too with all these enhanced mods, almost like a new game rly.

But ya thank for the info and input man, no d*ckness taken lol.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012-07-28 15:31:58 »
Yes but leaving his requests in place invites that.  You should at least place a strike-through and a comment on the post and stop the person from continuing to seek help on the matter?
What we should do is just ban them outright.  If you're stupid enough to admit to doing something illegal, then you're likely too stupid to contribute anything to this forum.   I've made this point before but I'll do so again.  You don't break into a car, steal it, then take it to a mechanic and say "Hey I just stole this car, can you replace the window and fix all of the other things I destroyed in the process?"  Because he would call the cops and you would go to jail, thus removing you from society for being a criminal and an idiot.

In our case, you would  be removed from the forum for being a criminal and idiot.  But this is how Qhimm wants it.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-07-28 19:33:30 »
Snip.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-28 20:32:16 by e1sunz »

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012-07-28 19:48:16 »
What we should do is just ban them outright.  If you're stupid enough to admit to doing something illegal, then you're likely too stupid to contribute anything to this forum.   I've made this point before but I'll do so again.  You don't break into a car, steal it, then take it to a mechanic and say "Hey I just stole this car, can you replace the window and fix all of the other things I destroyed in the process?"  Because he would call the cops and you would go to jail, thus removing you from society for being a criminal and an idiot.

In our case, you would  be removed from the forum for being a criminal and idiot.  But this is how Qhimm wants it.

lol i love ppl's online analogy of someone they never met :p...anyway...of course i knew it was bad but i thought it was fine since i had the original disk and it was like downloading a back up of my disk online. That being said, the fact i could of lied and didnt for me is just my charater, im not a lieing person ( sorry i have a concience ) and that dont mean im to stupid to contribute on here at all, kinda sad u would say something like, kinda shows into ur charater but its all good :)

Anyway moving on, i already said if topic needed closing it can be but i looked for option the other day and didnt see it, only thing i could do is remove my posts i believe but then the topic would just look strange with missing parts. If they feel they need to ban then i have np with them doing that if thats what they choose, not a big deal rly. Well anyway, if this topic can be locked it should.