Author Topic: [Steam] Steam to 1998 conversion - Game Converter (Beta V0.11)  (Read 219618 times)

wedge12475

• View Profile
I am also having FF7_GameConverter_7H getting stuck at "Patching...". Would love some help, I've tried pretty much everything, it isn't like it isn't finding the directory or thinking it is a bad install, it just fails to do anything...

Inactive User

• View Profile
How do I know that the Game Converter has finished doing it's thing?

It stops here:
"Please check over the settings for FF7Config...

1) Sound tab should have a Sound device set.
2) Perform the Sound and MIDI tests.
3) Graphics-Tab can be ignore."

Is it safe to exit Command Prompt after the sound tests?

PS. My experience has always been that once a program has done it's thing in Command Prompt that it either automatically closes, or leaves you with a message to press Enter to finish and close it.
It's not a problem, I just don't want to close it incomplete or leave it going when I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:58:57 by Inactive User »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
You click OK in FF7Config when you're done checking everything, then the Command Prompt will continue to the next steps.

Inactive User

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply EQ2Alyza.

My problem was I was using the non-7th Heaven version of Game Converter, where it would get to a certain point and stop.
Shocking, I usually pride myself on reading instructions thoroughly too. I blame the excitement and rush to play!

All sorted now though.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:59:19 by Inactive User »

seeamon

• View Profile
I used this to convert my Square Enix store version to be able to install the Reunion mod, which seemed to go fine, no errors or anything during the patching, but the Reunion mod installer tells me that my FF7_en.exe is the incorrect file size. Is it possible there could've been an issue with the conversion still?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Phew, again after the use of the converter you need to install the reunion mod on top of the '98 release (which will patch the ff7.exe not the ff7_en.exe). You need to change that within the installer setup of the reunion. By default it will detect the rerelease. However there is another reason why it fails in your case. The re-release from 2012 hasn't gotten the latest patch (which has removed the DRM) and this causes that the reunion can't patch it. But this only matters if you wouldn't use the GC.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-08 05:33:05 by Kaldarasha »

seeamon

• View Profile
Okay, then I guess there has to be something wrong with the conversion. I don't know the details of how the Converter should work, but according to DLPB after the conversion I shouldn't even have a ff7_en.exe in the folder, but I do. The Reunion installer doesn't even go far enough to let me chose any options, the error message saying I got the wrong file size of ff7_en.exe (Which I find it odd that it checks for, if it's supposed to patch ff7.exe) pops up before I get to do that.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
When you do the conversion do install it to different folder? The Reunion mod does automatically select which version will be patched.

seeamon

• View Profile
I've tried running Game Converter from a different folder from the game directory, if that's what you mean. I've also ran the Converter from the game directory for that matter.
I install my Square store version to D:\FINAL FANTASY VII. Then I run the Converter, it recognizes my game install location as D:\FINAL FANTASY VII, I select E when prompted what language, and the patcher does its thing without issues. After this I run the Reunion installer, point it to D:\FINAL FANTASY VII, and upon pressing Next it warns me my ff_en.exe is the wrong size.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Delete ff7_en.exe and try to install the reunion mod again. Can you actually start the game through ff7.exe?

seeamon

• View Profile
Okay so deleting ff7_en.exe solved it, Reunion installed and works fine. Except it now plays midi music for some reason. So, is this possibly another problem with the Converter, or do I move over to the Reunion thread? God this is so frustrating. The Square store version seems to be a piece of shit.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Install this mod: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.0

If it still plays midi, open the ff7_opengl.cfg with the Editor/Notepad and remove the '#' before the line: music_plugin = plugins/vgmstream_music.fgp

seeamon

• View Profile
Alright, thanks a bunch for the help man, really appreciated it!

soku

• View Profile
Hello,
I wanted to test some graphical mods, so I wanted to try 7th Heaven. However, it seems that the converter for 7H does actually break my game...
I managed to run FF7 on my computer "perfectly" in past, with difficulty mods only. I haven't tried graphical mods so far. However, after I patch with the converter for 7H, some things became strange. First of all, the game runs really slow. Walking, opening the main menu, everything feels like walking with glue on the soles now. Besides, some letters and digits suddenly have underlines for some reason. I tried to mess a little bit with the Graphics section in FF7 config, but that didn't help.

I have Win7 64 Bit, Graphic Board is AMD Radeon R4, and my Game version is 1998 PC release (German)
And of course, I also patched on a fresh, new install.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

wedge12475

• View Profile
At least the converter does SOMETHING for you soku, it still just sits there doing nothing for me unfortunately. I had this mostly up and running at one point on Windows 8.1 but am not having such luck on Windows 10... Good luck in finding a solution!

asyn

• View Profile
Would it be possible to find a list of all the changes the game converter is doing?

I'm trying to play Tifa's Final Heaven in Linux, and I have everything working except for this single executable, which errors out during the install. I realized this probably isn't a supported use case, but if I could just see everything that the script does, I could replicate it and play the game.

Alternatively, would it work if I installed on a Windows machine and then copied the files over, or is that Game Converter also making changes to the Windows Registry that I would need to replicate?

For reference, here's what happens when you try to run this file in Wine:

https://pasteboard.co/HkMTlkI.png
« Last Edit: 2018-05-12 05:31:00 by asyn »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
The exe is a packed rar archiv. You can open it with WinRAR or 7zip.

asyn

• View Profile
Thank you so much!

Alex369

• View Profile
Hello.

I tried to convert the game with ff7_gameconverter_7h.exe
I have 1.0.6 squerenix' version, in french.
The folder of installation is found by the converter, but when I confirm to convert, it does'nt work, and I have this message: "source files are not compatible - ending here".

Can someone help me ?
Thanx :)

Neffina

• View Profile
Hi have a question and I need help in the memory menu? In the picture I have linked is to see that the top right is the number too far right and I would need for Hex_in the info?

Hi habe mal ne frage und zwar brauch ich hilfe im Speicher Menü ? Im Bild das ich verlinkt habe ist zusehen das oben rechts die Zahl zu weit rechts ist und ich bräuchte für Hex_in die Info dazu ?

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-fe3d09-1550401235.jpg.html

Thanks if someone could help me

Dank wenn mir jemand helfen könnte

gentlemagic

• View Profile
Hi , I have a question about FF7 Game Converter,  i used it to convert rerelease version. Is the structure folder of direct folder change ? I mean the folder names in direct folder should be cr_us , disc_us , menu_us, high-us, snowboard-us, world_us or without the "us"  :cr , disc , menu, high, snowboard, world

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
It should be without any _us or -us.