Author Topic: Really hope this is in the proper section...Aeris Revival Questions.  (Read 5759 times)

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
I'm trying the game over again, hoping this time my experience will be different/better than several months ago.  Back then, I installed Bootleg on the 039 version, over my FF7 original disc install.  The mods all worked, but Aeris Revival didn't kick in once I got there.  I had no idea what to do as re-running Bootleg didn't work and putting her back in with Black Chocobo had less than desirable results (impossible to remove her from party.)

I've bought the Steam version now, and I'm giving it a go with Bootleg 040 this time.  Again, things are generally working, though I'm only quite early on in Disc 1 so I can't see if Revival will work this time.  I could use Black Chocobo to edit in max levels and stats and all the materia and items I typically spend hours getting, but part of me wonders if Black Chocobo abuse contributed to the Revival mod not working last time, so I have only used BC to give myself a lot of gil and to correct party member names which are somehow not entering correctly in-game (no matter what letters I select, the game automatically adds a lowercase 'c' to the end, for some reason.) I do realise that Chocobo -shouldn't- affect the mods at all, but that if it somehow does, I may have altered my chances having used it at -all.-

I understand the Revival patch has some incompatibilities with certain other mods, so for help's sake I will mention that I have selected the Scene Redux option in the interest of 'better steals from enemies,' though so far it has only affected the Striking Staff steal from Eligor (the monster now only carries Echo Screens) so if I'm directed to do so I will gladly re-run Bootleg without this.  I am also using Menu Overhaul, but this post will be even longer if I describe every option I have ticked so I will do so only upon request.

The last thing I will mention is that I have 'New Spell Names' ticked and it is not affecting my game, at least in the materia menus; Fire, for example, still lists Fire2 and Fire3 as future levels.  The new-names mod -did- work properly for me back on Bootleg 039, so it's possible I've done something differently this time and it's bumping up against some other selection it doesn't like.

Anyway, here's hoping Revival works this time, or that someone can direct me to a series of mod selections where it -definitely- works.  And again, I really hope I haven't posted this in the wrong section again.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
I really hope someone comments whether or not Black Chocobo use potentially affects mods working/not working, I would like to just get to the end of the disc quickly and see if I'm in or out of luck here.  I don't know why this particular mod wouldn't work the first time I played, but the lack of New Spell Names and Save Anywhere activating in my game despite being ticked in the Bootleg menu doesn't fill me with confidence.  If nobody comments/advises me by then, I'll chime back in once I get past the Disc 1/Disc 2 transition to report what's happened.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
to revive aerith you need to go to the other tab in black chocobo and in the PHS manager you need ot check both the "Allowed" and "Visible" boxes. otherwise just putting her in your party will just make a character that you can't remove (since she will not be allowed to be placed with in the phs)

its possile that some save edits could mess with mods. it all depends on if the mod creator is using parts of the save map for something other then the stock game. i have not heard many complints with the aerith res mod so i think you are ok to edit.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
Thanks for the response.  Also, interesting; I did not know about that feature in Chocobo.  It makes me wonder if the Revival patch is necessary at all if I can simply add Aeris back in with the editor, but I understand Revival adds a couple extra dialogue boxes or similar, and apparently alters the acquisition process for her ultimate weapon.  While I would -like- to play these things, it probably isn't worth restarting a whole game or stressing over it should it give me problems.  Plus, I -think- to get the full Aeris Revival Patch experience, I must recompile it myself with those flevel tools, which is something I have no decent experience in doing.  Tried once, didn't even know if I'd changed anything.  Since all I really want is just to have Aeris in-game after her death, and I expect no additional text or anything, the BC editing should work, I hope.

Maybe I'm wrong and the Revival patch -does- do those few extra additions through Bootleg when it works.  I shall see.  In the meantime I'll go ahead and edit away in the interest of reaching the end of Disc 1 much faster.  Cheers.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
The Aerith Revival is needed if you want to play with Aerith after she dies.

Any addition is done through Bootleg at runtime. It is known to cause issues, though.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
most of the game is fine if you just add her back there are some parts that do freeze or just break if aerith is in your party. i don't know what parts exactly but im sure you find out by looking around the forums.(search with google's site: option our forum search is known to be lame)

Seraphim87

• View Profile
Just curious but how good is she in the game if you bring her back?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
she will be what ever level she was when she died. give her a res and try her out.