Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001037 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [RELEASE v1.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #300 on: 2011-01-10 12:32:11 »
Quick question
I know you can enable characters you don't have yet in the PHS.
But: can you disable them? I think I already posted once about characters being enabled in PHS without me actually enabling them when I edited other stuff. Situation is, I am near junon the first time and actually have access to vincent and cat sith and cid... which shouldn't be. When I try to disable them with BC, it doesn't work, they're still enabled.
Now, will this screw up my game? Will I get funny errors when meeting cat sith, cid or vincent?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #301 on: 2011-01-10 12:36:06 »
the phs values have been seperated for a while. i have not tried to remove people from the pool . so i would get 1.7 and try it and report back.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #302 on: 2011-01-10 12:47:38 »
removing them worked fine.
I was still using 1.3 D:

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #303 on: 2011-01-10 21:37:22 »
awesome!

EDIT: some progress on 1.8...

• New: Main Black Chocobo Window is resizable.
  • New: Psx Icons Show by slot Number (in future may be done "on the fly" so non ff7 slots show right icons)
  • Fixed: list area not resizing in slot select dialog
  • Fixed: small gui issues, better use of layouts, and grouping
  • Fixed: now we don't export non ff7 saves to pc from other formats.

if you can't wait for the new verion you can compile it from the source(link), its really easy you need the qt sdk for your os. (link). just dl and install. use qtcreator to open Black Chocobo.pro. use the run button to build. you might need to run qmake if you have issues building it.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-11 19:52:50 by sithlord48 »

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2011-01-13 19:08:11 »
Looks like I'll FINALLY ^^; be able to test this program to it's fullest.
I just got my MC back from an FMCB (as suggested in your ps3 work around) free installer.

Party Time !!!

;D

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2011-01-26 00:31:14 »
Request : Could you add the possibility of making the characters up to level 255? It would be helpful in some ways.

Terid__K

« Reply #306 on: 2011-01-29 09:58:29 »
Requesting non-installer version, please. I don't like to install tools when it's not necessary.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #307 on: 2011-01-31 01:55:09 »
Requesting non-installer version, please. I don't like to install tools when it's not necessary.

the installer is needed because the program comes w/ more then just an exe.(plus it insures that you have lzma compatible decompess for smallest download size). BC also requres a few things in the systems. and on windows it sets up a few things in the regestry. i have even put  menu entrys in so i would really like to know what is your problem with my installer?

Terid__K

« Reply #308 on: 2011-01-31 08:15:43 »
It works just fine when I copy the folder somewhere else and then uninstall it. But if you say it's needed, I won't argue with you. You would know better after all.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2011-02-03 14:31:33 »
I've tried to use this with my psp saves, and it said something about it not having a checksum so it won't work. Is there any way to give it a checksum?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #310 on: 2011-02-04 19:12:09 »
I've tried to use this with my psp saves, and it said something about it not having a checksum so it won't work. Is there any way to give it a checksum?

Quote from:  Black Chocobo User Guide
Tip: Vmp Files can be saved but the checksum is not updated. if your psp does not run custom firmware you prolly can't use the vmp files that are created untill the checksum is cracked.

Just like with the PS3 save game type (.psv) there the signing algurithum is unknown. im not a crypto expert so when its cracked and i can find (or am given) the math to sign these formats correctly it will be added. Untill then I'm sorry there is nothing i can do.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2011-02-04 21:43:11 »
It's ok, I found a way to bypass it...:P

Thanks anyway.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #312 on: 2011-02-11 23:29:29 »
covarr has found a bug in the way mcr files are saved. making used slots labled "empty" in game, this also under some cases can apply to psx or pc saves, i have since found and fixed the bug . and will be releasing 1.8 some time in the near future.

Current List of changes
  • New: Main Black Chocobo Window is resizable. (as well as all other windows)
  • New: Psx Icons Show by slot Number (in future may be done "on the fly" so non ff7 slots show right icons)
  • New: Options to reset some settings to default
  • Fixed: list area not resizing in slot select dialog
  • Fixed: small gui issues, better use of layouts, and grouping
  • Fixed: now we don't export non ff7 saves to pc from other formats.
  • Fixed: options dialog paths displaing incorrectly after folder selection is used to change the path.
  • Fixed: Pc Header Data now has byte mask generated on the fly,the empty bit is correctly used now,as well as initial slot selection being set to the slot your viewing when you save.
  • Fixed: MC saves and PSX saves now will correctly display slots in game

for anyone who would like a preview i have compiled a new exe just dl this one and extract it to the folder you installed Black chocobo too.
DOWNLOAD THE 1.8 ALPHA EXE
« Last Edit: 2011-02-11 23:38:41 by sithlord48 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2011-02-12 00:28:37 »

the installer is needed because the program comes w/ more then just an exe.(plus it insures that you have lzma compatible decompess for smallest download size). BC also requres a few things in the systems. and on windows it sets up a few things in the regestry. i have even put  menu entrys in so i would really like to know what is your problem with my installer?

None installer versions are always preferred, and windows registry certainly doesn't need to be used.  It is a preference.  Personally I can't stand installing things and always download portable apps.  All the programs I have made use ini.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #314 on: 2011-02-12 02:07:41 »

None installer versions are always preferred, and windows registry certainly doesn't need to be used.  It is a preference.  Personally I can't stand installing things and always download portable apps.  All the programs I have made use ini.

How the settings are saved differs depending on what os your running  black chocobo on. for example on a linux machine it will create a config file , on mac os it sets values in the info.plist. it uses the registry on windows cause its the os's perfered method of saving settings not because i explicitly tell it to. The reason i made an installer is simply because the end user can't be trusted to do things correctly,its the sad truth.

if you really hate the installer your gonna love the fact that its just an nsis script, and like every other nsis script you can just use a program that understans lzma compression to extract the files inside with out installing anything (i would use 7zip on windows).

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2011-02-12 17:19:37 »
I'm quite happy with the way this program is.
I know having things clutter up the registry can be annoying, but sometimes it can't be helped.
After all, you can always go into the registry and delete the key folder later.
Though I'd recommend making sure that you're deleting the right one. (or ones)

I have a game that puts it's SAVE files in the registry.
Imagine how annoying THAT was to find out.

BTW "sithlord48" ...
You said on windows, to use 7zip.
Would winrar work too?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #316 on: 2011-02-12 17:21:22 »
BTW "sithlord48" ...
Would winrar work too?

i don't know since i don't use winrar.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2011-02-12 17:26:35 »
BTW "sithlord48" ...
Would winrar work too?

i don't know since i don't use winrar.

Nope, not my version anyway. (I tried it)
I'll just install black chocobo.
I'd hate to install a program (7zip) just so I wouldn't have to install another.

BTW, thx for that alpha exe ^.^

EDIT: Maybe you can clear up some confusion I have.
Your program says I have Yuffie and Cid already.
Yet I know for a fact that I don't.
Heck I just got to ChocoBill's Farm.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-12 17:41:04 by chacyung »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #318 on: 2011-02-24 13:39:52 »
If it shows them in PHS Avalible list thats normal. its how the game sets who can be in the phs pool. If its in the Visible List that might be a small problem as thats sets who we see in the PHS.

when it comes to 1.8 any requests or other bugs anyone has found that need fixing? (try in the alpha to find them if possible) , i've been busy w/ other things so i have not had much time to work on BC lately. sorry for the delay in 1.8's release.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2011-02-24 17:55:39 »
Actually I was talking about the first tab "Party"

When it says: "Click On A Char To Edit" ===========>
And then below it has pictures of your current characters.

It had Yuffie and Cid's pictures in the box before I got them.

And I am using your EXE-alpha release.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #320 on: 2011-02-24 18:50:53 »
Actually I was talking about the first tab "Party"

When it says: "Click On A Char To Edit" ===========>
And then below it has pictures of your current characters.

It had Yuffie and Cid's pictures in the box before I got them.

And I am using your EXE-alpha release.

oh yea don't worry about that, they all have stats at the start of the game, the only reason that you can't see vincent and cait, is because you not in debug mode, i have no intent of removing the chars from the selection side.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2011-02-25 16:08:54 »
OK, thx for explaining that.

I was hoping that it wasn't a bug that would cause them to suddenly show up in the PHS (before I actually get them) if I saved a change and then started the game from there.

But if that's just how the game does it,
then I feel better.
THX ^.^

EDIT:
Man this program just saved my butt.
I screwed up on the date sequence affection values,
and didn't notice till I had gotten the buggy.
As a warning, you HAVE to get Yuffie BEFORE listening to the old guy at fort condor and agreeing to help them, or Yuffie won't get the 4 points for those 2 options. Sure that leaves you without a save point (after the midgar zolem) before you DO find her, but it's the way you have to play apparently.

THX again for making this program.
IT ROCKS !!!
« Last Edit: 2011-02-28 18:13:30 by chacyung »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
1 Year later.
« Reply #322 on: 2011-04-01 17:48:03 »
Its been A whole year since the first version of  black chocobo was released. I must say it's come a long way. just want to say thanks everyone for using it and.....SOON there will be a proper 1.8 release.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR USERS SUGGESTSIONS... so if you have any suggestions / comments/ bugs to report (from the 1.8-alpha) now is the time you to let me know about them. its always a motivator for me to get back to my black chocobo work.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Year later.
« Reply #323 on: 2011-04-01 17:53:10 »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Year later.
« Reply #324 on: 2011-04-01 19:31:03 »
NOW IS THE TIME FOR USERS SUGGESTSIONS...

how about what i said before? D: a way to edit young cloud & or sephiroth, with an "Add All" Section added for item and materias. just sayin :p