Author Topic: [FF8:R] Demaster unofficial patch- HD fields, monsters, fixes + launcher 1.3.0  (Read 126425 times)

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Do not update using the launcher it will give errors, use this link to download, copy and paste the files over. If you are using mods, use them one at a time to see which one is giving errors.

This tool will not work if you are using pirated copies of the game, buy it officially on steam for the mods to work.

https://github.com/MaKiPL/FF8_demastered/releases
« Last Edit: 2020-06-21 18:35:07 by Yagami Light »

Rikku

• View Profile
Hi everyone !!

I just saw this and i want to try the FF8 remastered with Ragnarok mod, which sent me to this page

Can this tool work as Roses and Wine, some like altering some things like no consume magic when you cast them ? or maybe have 1 magic the stat effect of 100 ?

Or is this tool different in another way ?

Thanks

hekaton

• View Profile
Hi guys, i was finally able to get it to work by getting the latest version of the game, but now i am encountering a new problem where in certain areas of the game as i advance, it crashes on me with this error regarding an image being out of bounds. I have attached a link to the problem. what can i do in such situations? Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/ircMFV0

Fel_Noctus

• View Profile
Hey everyone, wanted to point out an issue with Demaster 1.2.8a and Horizonpack 1.1a. When I leave Deling City the textures for the world map, namely, cliffsides, cities and certain sections of the ground are black boxes. It can be fixed by simply going into another area (tomb of the unknown king) and then returning to the world map but I can replicate it every time I enter Deling and then leave.

Ozerflip

• View Profile
The PDF manual was removed in later releases, you can download the first version https://github.com/MaKiPL/FF8_demastered/releases/tag/1.1.1

To use field files you need to download FatedCourages angelwing gigapixel version, then use the textureModHelper included which automatically renames all the field names to be compatible with the demastered version. However some fields are named incorrectly and FatedCourage hasn't released his own fields for remastered yet so you have to rename them manually.

@Temujin64 you need to replace the xbox button textures in 4_xinput PNG inside iconfl03 folder.

Hi,
First I have to thank you all and especially Maki to make the modding of the remastered possible, you're great!

I tried to put the FatedCourages's angelwing megapixel on the demaster, but the textureModHelper found in the first version doesn't seem to work (nothing happens when I launch "ff8demaster_textureModder.exe"... It's written in the PDF to lanch "demaster_BGtextureWorker.exe", but I could not find it anywhere...

A bit help please ?   ;D

Yagami Light

• View Profile
The exe is insider the texturemodhelper folder, if it doesn't run, update .Net framework to the latest version, try running the program as admin or see if windows/anti virus is blocking the program from running. 

Ozerflip

• View Profile
The exe is insider the texturemodhelper folder, if it doesn't run, update .Net framework to the latest version, try running the program as admin or see if windows/anti virus is blocking the program from running.

Still doesn't run... Please could you send me the corrected "field_bg" folder if you already have it ? Then I won't have to use the textureModHelper...

MartinThor

• View Profile
Does somebody have the correct filenames for the backgrounds in the remaster? I know screen 2 and forward in the fire cavern loads wrong due to naming schemes, but would be nice if somebody had the correct names for them and other instances later in the game, if any? :)

MartinThor

• View Profile
Still doesn't run... Please could you send me the corrected "field_bg" folder if you already have it ? Then I won't have to use the textureModHelper...

I figured out what might be the problem from checking the event viewer when attempting to launch, you have to D/L .NET Core, not framework to get it to launch (worked for me at least).
Only problem after that is there's still the wrong filenames on some bg's

Yagami Light

• View Profile
I've changed some of the fire cavern field names,  there are some errors in the final room and a small error in the room before. Heres the link to the updated fields
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVX2yYvJaGayrmLSkLYLYxoiNQIPnugr/view?usp=sharing

Ozerflip

• View Profile
Thank you so much!  ;D

makinator

• View Profile
The fights turn at 15 fps with demaster ...
Is this normal?

Strife03

• View Profile
Hello very nice job. Unfortunately i encounter some problems.

common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 0, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 19
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 0, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 16
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 2, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 16
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 4, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 16
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 6, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 16
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 8, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 16
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 0, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 17
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 2, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 17
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 4, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 17
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 6, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 17
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 8, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 17
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 0, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 18
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 2, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 18
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 0, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 19
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 2, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 19
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 4, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 19
common_load_texture: tex_type: FIELDBG, pal: 6, unk: 00000000, bHaveHD: FALSE, Tpage: 19

How can I fix it ?

Kuro Ichi

• Life Is Very Strange!
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
After I managed to install Demaster, pretty easilly btw, and all the mods availables except "RebirthFlame" I encountered a visual glitch:

Spoiler: show

After a very very long research I found the culprit, this is a file called 'o006_0' on the mod LunarCry, path: textures > field.fs > field_hd > o006_0.png

Don't know if this is of any use but at least I said it ^^ Look like the ward problem mentioned earlier...

Thanks to Maki for Demaster! Thanks to McIndus for all the mods! and thanks Yagami for linking a HD filed pack that I couldn't find anywhere ;D
I hope you are going to continue your awesome works (AngelWing xD) on this game that begins to be way better than I thought! Easy to mod, integrated UV (Never managed to install that thing!), awesome mix between the new updates from Square and the mods, just perfect!!
« Last Edit: 2020-10-09 12:30:24 by Kuro Ichi »

Xenogears

• View Profile
Please, help! I said, installed, launched, Demaster unpacked, a DEMASTER_EXP folder appeared in the game directory, I changed textures in it, and so on. When starting the game, the demaster does not cling to textures, etc. from this folder. Everything has remained as it was. Launched through the new FFVIII_LAUNCHER.exe that Demaster created

ytaloxd524

• View Profile
im getting the error
IMAGE_BASE at: 5E000000; OPENGL at: 0
Applying DIRECT_IO
DEMASTER::ApplyUvPatch::The addresses are wrong! We found no ADD byte ptr[esi+8] at given rel call
Applying texture patches...
Applying BATTLE_CHARA patch
Applying FIELD_ENTITY patch
BATTLE_HOOK- STARTING PATCHING
Applying battle field patch
ApplyBattleFieldPatch():ds_free is at: 5F66B2A8 and ds_teximg is at: 5F66B4A0Applying FIELD_BACKGROUND PATCH
Applying WORLD_TEXTURES PATCH
can someone help?

Oscar92player

• View Profile
For some reason I don't know, I'm having issues with the ending of the game when using only the Demaster mod, withou any other mods installed (neither graphical mods nor other kind).

The 3D models for Irvine and Zell in the ending cutscene after the Ultimecia battle are not showing properly, or not showing at all. Irvine's head and hands are missing, while the entire Zell character model does not appear at all.

Demaster's version used is 128a, from the latest build on GitHub, while the settings used are these:

Does anybody have the same issue?

sol

• View Profile
Hi everyone !
I really like these mods, but Demaster seems not worked in Japanese language.

I run the FF8R in English, Demaster and mods are wored OK.
But when I try to switch to Japanese, I can not ge the game started.

It shows:
DEMASTER ENGINE LOADED!
Reading config file demaster.ini
IMAGE_BASE at: 67E70000; OPENGL at: 0
Applying DIRECT_IO
ApplyBattleFieldPatch():ds_free is at: 694DB2A8 and ds_teximg is at: 694DB4A0Applying FIELD_BACKGROUND PATCH

And a window poped and said: you should use FF8_BUILD_JP for the jananese version.

Even if I turned off all the Demaster options, it still shows: you should use FF8_BUILD_JP for the jananese version.
If I switch back to engilsh verion, everything is OK.

Is there anyway to fix this? I bought this game just because these mods.
« Last Edit: 2021-01-16 18:10:11 by sol »

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
will there be support for custom textures for the garden ship?

Darhan

• View Profile
DEMASTER ENGINE LOADED!
Hi, when i try to load the game after installing Demaster i get this :   

Reading config file demaster.ini
IMAGE_BASE at: 5B200000; OPENGL at: 0
Applying DIRECT_IO
DEMASTER::ApplyUvPatch::The addresses are wrong! We found no ADD byte ptr[esi+8] at given rel call
Applying BATTLE_CHARA patch
Applying FIELD_ENTITY patch
ApplyBattleFieldPatch():ds_free is at: 5C86B2A8 and ds_teximg is at: 5C86B4A0Applying FIELD_BACKGROUND PATCH
Applying WORLD_TEXTURES PATCH

and then it say : An unknow error occured.

I don't know if i've done something wrong XD

ragnarokgr

• View Profile
I am having an issue with the demaster where whatever i check on linear filtering it is always disabled and everything looks like in psx.
If i delete demaster everything works fine but of course the mods don't work. I also tried version 1.2.4 where the option to disable it wasn't available but still filtering is disabled.
Am i doing something wrong?

EDIT: upon further research i've discovered this issue occurs when i enable "FIELD_BACKGROUND" that enables support for custom field backgrounds. I have no idea why that
would mess up with the linear filtering.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-25 21:52:39 by ragnarokgr »

rinoku

• View Profile
Hello, I would like to say thank you first. I have seen that at the end of the post the improvement of hd fields was allowed but I downloaded the angelwing 3.0 and replaced textures, until I discovered that it is a project still to be done in patreon. I have seen that some have access to it by paying on patreon? Are there other hd field mods? where do i find other ia hd models for the background of the game? sorry for my English

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
the alpha version of angelwing is actually out . here is the link for the alpha version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVX2yYvJaGayrmLSkLYLYxoiNQIPnugr/view
here is the fixes for bugs of the alpha version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezzrSemFSNMaLkLwx3i3z9nX6AiugOhV/view?usp=sharing

Angelwing becomes Project Ultima in patreon of Mcindus.

the alpha version of angelwing is actually out . here is the link for the alpha version
(redacted)
here is the fixes for bugs of the alpha version
(redacted)

Dude. The alpha is for patreon supporters only. Not cool.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

Hey bud, you're not authorized to redistribute these. Don't mind the bug-fix, but the other file is owned by FatedCourage and I'm not sure he's alright with people redistributing it.

Is this the gigapixel version? Because I already have a release with bug-fixes of that older one.

Ultima was just released last night, so let's not confuse people with different versions floating around.
Thanks!