Author Topic: Does the playstation version contain a scene.bin file?  (Read 6072 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
Does the playstation version contain a scene.bin file or similar?
Also is it true that the jap version is harder?

If so would it be possible for someone to send the file to me via my hotmail address, as i would be interested in implementing the changes into the PC version.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Does the playstation version contain a scene.bin file?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-05 10:33:14 »
Well theres already a "Hardcore" mode being developed by our very own Elentor I beleive.

Also, I dont think it would be harder, it wouldnt make sense.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-05 11:08:46 »
I was more interested in whether it was true or not, not a hardcore mode. It is a rumor that ive heard repeatibly over the years so I wanted to have a look through all the stats and compair them.

As for a hard mode ive got my own 2X stat mod completed which increases all stats of all the creatures by 2X, it wasnt mean't to be a hard mod seen as i increased the experience and win/steal rates as well but it turns out to be bloody hard from after the dons' and on. It was really just an experiment to see how the gameplay would turn out, its quite fun :D. Only problem with it is im currently having trouble with the files 110 to 115. The modified versions of these files cause my scene.bin file to turn out to big.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-05 11:25:55 »
Guess you'll have to wait for mav to come back to this forum :P

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-05 15:24:25 »
Just smacked my PSX copy in my PC, and it looks like indeed there is a scene.bin file in the "BATTLE" folder and it`s the same size as its PC-equivalent as well. So I suppose if you copy all the contents of the PSX cd onto your hard-drive, replace the scene.bin and then burn the contents to a new CD and put it in a chipped PSX or use an emulator, it could possibly work.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-06 02:46:48 »
Cheer's. I never though of the idea of putting it on the playstation .. but it sounds like a good idea. What version is your PSX copy. And could you send me the file?

EDIT: By the way i found and fixed the bug with my mod if anyone cares.

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-06 07:37:27 »
Quote from: smithie
Cheer's. I never though of the idea of putting it on the playstation .. but it sounds like a good idea. What version is your PSX copy. And could you send me the file?

EDIT: By the way i found and fixed the bug with my mod if anyone cares.

I got PAL english.

So are you putting the PSX scene.bin onto the PC-version instead of the other way around? What good would that do?

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-06 08:30:31 »
PSX > PC would be the easyest, but then theres the situation of the files being the same type as the PC ones within the .bin file?

Yazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-06 10:33:26 »
smithie, can u post ur 2x hard mode please? wanna make the game harder!

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-07 04:54:23 »
Quote from: Kinseek

So are you putting the PSX scene.bin onto the PC-version instead of the other way around? What good would that do?

No.. I just wanted to have a look through the jap PSX scene.bin to see whether the rumor that it was harder than the american release was true or not, not put it on the PC version. Its just a rumor ive heard from friend's over the years thats all.

Yazoo: i would post you it but you dont seem to have an email address set in your profile.. or i just couldn't see it.

Yazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-07 13:16:05 »
thanks! :D :D  :D

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-08 06:30:16 »
Give me a yell if you want anything changed .. e.g. like less experience and less rewards. I like it how it currenty is so i dont have to spend so long trying to steal / win stuff and leveling up.

cmay119

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-08 07:21:49 »
As far as I know smithie, The US version was more difficult atleast in the side quest area as the Japanese version did not include either the Emerald Weapon nor the Ruby Weapon. There is the possibility however that levels and materia were harder to mature in the PAL version compared to the US version, that I don't know for certain though...