Author Topic: [Tutorial] Converting Battle Scenes png-lgp  (Read 6336 times)

philman

• View Profile
[Tutorial] Converting Battle Scenes png-lgp
« on: 2011-09-04 06:00:42 »
Hi friends from Qhimm Forums!

Today i will give a fast tutorial of how convert battle scenes to use them in battle.lgp.

Only use this if you are sure the battle scenes in png don't work for you,i don't recommend this for anyone but some people have problems and need the battle scenes working in lgp.

what you need:
1-Battle Scene Enhacement
2-Gimp (i'm using 2.6)
3-Kimera (i'm using 0.93)
4-Patience (it depends in how amount of battle scenes will you convert)
5-Memory (it costs much memory converting the textures to .tex file and the new **aa file)

Well,first find the the .png file of the battle scene,and open with Gimp (i will use Mt.Nibel texture like a example)

Now go to file tab and select new and be sure of preserve image size.
Select advanced options and change back color to transparency.

Now copy the image with transparency by press the right mouse button-edit-copy...and paste in the new image.

When the image is pasted it will got some lines,don't worry,go to file and save as...
Give a name to the new image or put the same name of the png (in that case the png name is: STAGE03_T03_00.png)
When you are saving the new image be sure of put .bmp in the name,this change the extension of the image to bitmap.
When you are finishing to save the new image a tab will appear,click in advanced config and be sure A8 R8 G8 B8 is checked in 32 bits,like this.

Now it's done,but we need go to kimera.

Open kimera and find the **aa battle scene file (in that case is ojaa)

Of course if you will convert a battle scene you will need convert all textures so here the trick (STAGE**_T**_00)
T** = Texture + Number (in zangan or kimera)
Click in show texture options and click in change texture and replace with the new texture (for this i changed only the texture number 3)

when you replace all textures of the battle scene click in SaveModel and put the **aa name.
Put in battle.lgp files,compile,enjoy.

That's all friends...Bye!

Sequence

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Converting Battle Scenes png-lgp
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-27 23:31:09 »
Well, didn t succeed to do this. Well the world map of felix works great; except the battle scenes. Dude, my files are in PNJ. You said to move some folder but don' t understand.

My folder is like that:

mods->avalanche->world/battle/cache

World are in PNJ & it works  perfectly but battle pictures of Felix won' t work.

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-14 20:33:19 »
Try delete the cache folder and be sure avalanche modpath is named on ff7_opengl and just with graphics driver 7.9 and up

Sequence

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-14 20:48:53 »
can i have ur msn bro?