Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007663 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #125 on: 2014-01-14 15:23:06 »
You know what, I'll just ship the few fields that were fixed with next installer, if options ticked.  leave it with me.  Does anyone know exactly which fields were fixed?

I know kaldarasha ( I butchered that spelling i bet) is working on the community flevel project. I'd give him a ring. he may know.

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2014-01-14 19:18:49 »
Man, I'm having alot of fun.  It's interesting how certain scenes really stand out now. The conversation that Sephiroth and Cloud have about materia being the knowledge from the Cetra rather than just a mysterious power recalls Authur C. Clarke's famous quote about "sufficiently advanced technology."  The dialog between Tifa/Aerith/Cloud while crossing the rope bridge to Corel is a little corny, but the original text must have been unmemorable or confusing because I can't even recall it happening before.  I don't think that conversation even has impact on affection.

That reminds me of a old feature request I had for the menu overhaul.  What do you think about the idea of adding an optional hint in the menu about affection status?  Like a subtle indication of who currently has the highest value. This should be off by default, but could be toggled in the installer.  Maybe a second option could even show the actual values on the status page.  Then again, I could understand if this opened up a slippery slope for menu features. Like showing how many times a limit has been used, or how many kills a character has, or how many times you've run away.  Some information in the game is probably unavailable to the player intentionally.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-14 19:23:29 by Isuldor »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2014-01-14 19:21:17 »
The problem with those features is they are hard to program (or requires a ton of messing about), and you can do that just by using Otyugh in realtime, or Black Chocobo.  Too much effort.  As for the Bridge Scene, it is accidentally missing outside Japanese game.  We reinstated it.  I didn't think it was too corny really!  ;D  It's funnier with Yuffie.

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2014-01-14 20:34:39 »
It's funnier with Yuffie.
Nice, you are totally right about that!   :D
If Barret is in your party on the rope bridge, he just says "I'm back."  I'm guessing that means he was distracted or having a vertigo moment, though it's not really clear.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2014-01-14 20:38:35 »
He means he is back in his hometown Corel, of course.  Notice the direction he is facing, and the ellipsis.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-14 20:52:10 by DLPB »

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2014-01-14 21:27:03 »
Played up to Cosmo Canyon now and found a few more bugs.

At the Gold Saucer, when receiving the Masamune Blade from the 1k rollercoaster reward, it's mistakingly showing as Superalloy Sweeper.

MP and HP Plus are missing a space in their description.
MaxHP and MaxMP seems off to me.

The Flame, Lightning and Water Rings state that they nullify damage as opposed to absorbing it, which is what they actually do.

The fifth Fort Condor defense item reward is five Hi-Potions, but it is translated as five Potions.
It's an error found in the original game as well, but I'm sure it can be corrected.

Didn't take any notes while playing, but this is what I can report by memory.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-14 21:33:16 by Tawm »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2014-01-14 21:33:16 »

At the Gold Saucer, when receiving the Masamune Blade from the 1k rollercoaster reward, it's mistakingly showing as Superalloy Sweeper.

Is this with or without Weapon mod?  And with or without Menu Overhaul?
MP and HP Plus have are missing a space in their description.
MaxHP and MaxMP seems off to me.

Not a bug... deliberate.  But I can amend.

The Flame, Lightning and Water Rings state that they nullify damage as opposed to absorbing it, which is what they actually do.

Will fix.

The fifth Fort Condor defense item reward is five Hi-Potions, but it is translated as five Potions.
It's an error found in the original game as well, but I'm sure it can be corrected.

Already been reported along with another bug there, see above

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2014-01-14 21:36:32 »
Is this with or without Weapon mod?  And with or without Menu Overhaul?
Not a bug... deliberate.  But I can amend.

Will fix.

Already been reported along with another bug there, see above
Both Weapon and the MO are enabled.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #133 on: 2014-01-14 21:47:42 »
menu overhaul's status being "completed" means no more FFX-like or FFVII-like battle interface?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2014-01-14 21:55:18 »
menu overhaul's status being "completed" means no more FFX-like or FFVII-like battle interface?

I abandoned both of those due to the work load involved, and the fact I prefer it how it is now.  I don't see any improvement having those as options.  It it were easy to do, I'd do it, but it's a waste of time for something that does not change the dynamic of the game and offers no real improvement, only taste.  If people want to enjoy the original feel, they can just untick the Menu Overhaul option.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-14 21:56:55 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #135 on: 2014-01-15 10:01:29 »
I just got past that scene and onto the 2nd disc and wow it's amazing how much more sense everything is making.  Sephiroth and Cloud especially, nothing like a translation messing up some of the most important aspects of the game.  The Temple of the Ancients area is about 100% better with this translation. The Wutai subquests, thank you so much for removing all that westernizing, the whole area doesn't feel... "off" like it did before.

Any plans to update the graphics on the snowboard mini-game? It's really awkward having original chibi Cloud there now that I'm used to the pretty field models. XD

Edit: Large Error found inside the cliff area of Gaea's Cliff.  In the area with the icicles, when it asks you if you want to jump down, choosing "No" makes you jump down while choosing "Yes" lets you continue.  The commands or words got switched.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-15 12:23:13 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2014-01-15 13:16:05 »
This error has been here for a long time, but it shouldn't be happening anymore.  I switched the options around to compensate for when Luksy fixes the issue completely.  I'll look into that again.  As for the minigame, that's up to the modellers like Kaldarasha :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2014-01-15 13:21:35 »
Any plans to update the graphics on the snowboard mini-game? It's really awkward having original chibi Cloud there now that I'm used to the pretty field models. XD

As far as I know there is no program to extract these models. The models are extra packed in a tmd file one for the story and one for the goldsaucer.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2014-01-15 14:50:35 »
Also one of the maps near end of the game (where you branch a second time at Great Crater) will not be updated when using 2012 flevel, because some idiot has added a "secret cow level" text to the map causing a mismatch.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2014-01-15 18:22:13 »
As far as I know there is no program to extract these models. The models are extra packed in a tmd file one for the story and one for the goldsaucer.

I think you can already replace files for minigames. I recall there being a mod that made models the taller models for Chocobos and the minigame.

There is also one here for the motorbike one http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8886.0

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2014-01-15 18:46:49 »
Snowboard is a special  case. The models are packed extra. Anyway, if somebody knew a way to extract them or could bring some light into this, please open a new thread for it.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #141 on: 2014-01-15 18:52:38 »
The snowboard mini game model is different than the others. It's been awhile since I checked it out, but I think the model is in two pieces and aren't in regular ff7 formats. We'd have to figure out how to convert the pieces.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2014-01-15 18:54:45 »
FF7 is a ramshackle in programming and communication between depts.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #143 on: 2014-01-15 21:10:21 »
dan so you know reunion does not install correctly using wine. i get to crashes one for durring the patching (hex editor.exe)step and another durring the text change (textchange.exe). it was a very basic install only selected the lang region and hit next.

also can you check if the exe is ff7.exe or FF7.exe and rename it the way it was . (silght annoyance as it breaks my shortcut to the exe, unix being case sensitive and all.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2014-01-15 21:30:55 »
Those are my own tools... they should come with everything needed to run correctly. Does wine support command line parameters for exes? like Myexe /silent

I won't be checking exe name though.  The default is small case?  If it is large, I'll use that.  Case sensitive filenames is ridiculous.

Need you on IRC.  Will need to test something...
« Last Edit: 2014-01-15 21:46:20 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2014-01-15 23:41:01 »

Flame and Lightning do nullify.  Water absorbs.  The descriptions are already correct with retranslation project.  Look again.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-15 23:47:51 by DLPB »

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2014-01-16 00:58:46 »
During the Titan summon animation, the status window, on the right, glitches.  It goes back and forth, between background and foreground.

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2014-01-16 04:59:57 »
For posterity here's a definitive summary of the changes from original flevel to re-release:

ancnt1
ancnt4

Change in vincent model loader:
ACFE.aki -> AFDF.aki
AAFF.aki -> AFEA.aki
AAGA.aki -> AFEB.aki

blackbgb
Minor changes to change CD text

fr_e
Animation change for 'chance' entity, scripts 1 and 4 axed

frcyo
Gizzard -> Gysahl

fship_4
Button description change: ASSIST -> OK

las0_8
Indenting changes for questions

las2_1
Fixes save crystal menu disabled bug
Field name changed to "Secret Cow Level" if you use the save crystal…ho ho ho
Indenting changes for questions

lastmap
Animation fix

uutai1
Single window moved in script 22/1

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2014-01-16 07:48:33 »
Thanks for those!

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #149 on: 2014-01-17 00:49:57 »
I found a minor issue. I've been testing the new driver to get it to work without the menu problems and needed to uninstall the Reunion at one point, and it completely removes the LOADR folder with all the .dll's. It's not much of a problem as you probably don't need to uninstall very much anyway, and simply keeping a back up works, but if it's something you're unaware of and not sure how to fix it'll probably cause some problems.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-17 01:03:09 by cmh175 »