Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837364 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7075 on: 2018-07-18 00:35:48 »

I agree that Triple AP weapons are mostly redundant with the higher AP yield (particularly of Crater enemies on the left-up path and the bosses leading up to this), double generally does the trick (if needed at all) and Precious Watch can provide triple if it is needed.

Costa-tier weapons are sandwiched between the Icicle tier and Mideel tier. The game itself is also fairly short as far as battles go once the Highwind is acquired and Costa/Mideel tier become available from shops; Corel Train, Underwater Reactor, gauntlet at Rocket Town, and then Midgar Raid before Disc 3 starts.

Reorganising it, could have the two end-game weapons, Mideel-tier, Costa-tier, and Triple-AP weapons be viable choices for different builds 5 weapons to choose from (and to find) for post-Highwind. The mideel-tier will be the most 'standard' ones, and I'll try different effects and things for the Costa & Triple AP ones.

I downloaded this and did the installation and it went alright, unfortunately when i try to launch the game, nothing happens.

Edit: Nvm I got it going can't wait to give this a try, thanks for your hard work!

Hope you enjoy it; let me know if you encounter any issues.

penetrice

• View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: 2018-07-18 00:54:03 »
Looking to play this mod again since it's my absolute favorite, and i haven't played it since v1.4.  I was just wondering if anything has changed in terms of vincent's limit breaks, and their usability?

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: 2018-07-18 01:25:39 »
Vincents limits will now always do 2 physical attacks the 1 magical attack so you can have a good grasp on what his DPS is going to be instead of hoping that RNG favors you.

Inuyashaya

• View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: 2018-07-18 02:14:35 »
I want  to  play this again i played it on 1.4, sadly i cant cause it seems that i am not good enough at patching steam FFVII, installer always says something that theres no files to patch i allowed it on firewall and run it as administrator still  cant. there is another thing  that can lead to this error?

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: 2018-07-18 06:06:15 »
Exit in Ancient Forest is working as intended. :mrgreen:

still no ap weapon for Vincent tho
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 07:33:45 by HautSaus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7080 on: 2018-07-18 13:12:23 »
I want  to  play this again i played it on 1.4, sadly i cant cause it seems that i am not good enough at patching steam FFVII, installer always says something that theres no files to patch i allowed it on firewall and run it as administrator still  cant. there is another thing  that can lead to this error?

The installer was changed as the mod now makes use of .EXE modifications which means it now has to be pointed at the 'Final Fantasy VII' folder rather than the Data folder; should be one level up from original installation location.

Exit in Ancient Forest is working as intended. :mrgreen:

still no ap weapon for Vincent tho

No, way! I'm pretty sure I reactivated the chest in the gelnika with it. Unless I've used that variable elsewhere thinking it was no longer going to be needed? I'd better check.

Edit: Still deactivated, I guess I didn't. But also noticed something; apparently when I deactivated that chest, I must have reused its variable for that annoying perma-locked chest in one of the houses in Kalm. It doesn't have an animation, but it gives an Ether when examined. I'll give the gelnika chest a new variable when I reactivate it.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 13:17:27 by Sega Chief »

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: 2018-07-19 03:07:13 »
I agree that Triple AP weapons are mostly redundant with the higher AP yield (particularly of Crater enemies on the left-up path and the bosses leading up to this), double generally does the trick (if needed at all) and Precious Watch can provide triple if it is needed.

Costa-tier weapons are sandwiched between the Icicle tier and Mideel tier. The game itself is also fairly short as far as battles go once the Highwind is acquired and Costa/Mideel tier become available from shops; Corel Train, Underwater Reactor, gauntlet at Rocket Town, and then Midgar Raid before Disc 3 starts.

Reorganising it, could have the two end-game weapons, Mideel-tier, Costa-tier, and Triple-AP weapons be viable choices for different builds 5 weapons to choose from (and to find) for post-Highwind. The mideel-tier will be the most 'standard' ones, and I'll try different effects and things for the Costa & Triple AP ones.

This sounds like a good solution to me, personally, don't feel like any of them would be all that missed at all, probably better than taking them away from early game too.

While I'm here, I'd just like to reiterate that thing about is it feasible to have barrier/mbarrier refresh on targets who already have it on them instead of missing? And what do people think of changing that if it is possible to change? I think it's very minor and wouldn't cause any balance issues, just really a quality of life change.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: 2018-07-19 16:54:13 »
Quick question:
Is it possible/feasable to create a new UI for Sense?
I loved how it was handled in FF8 for example - especially from an information perspective.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: 2018-07-19 22:24:30 »
This sounds like a good solution to me, personally, don't feel like any of them would be all that missed at all, probably better than taking them away from early game too.

While I'm here, I'd just like to reiterate that thing about is it feasible to have barrier/mbarrier refresh on targets who already have it on them instead of missing? And what do people think of changing that if it is possible to change? I think it's very minor and wouldn't cause any balance issues, just really a quality of life change.

I think DLPB said it would be feasible to do that, and I'd be all for implementing such a change.

Quick question:
Is it possible/feasable to create a new UI for Sense?
I loved how it was handled in FF8 for example - especially from an information perspective.

Probably not to that level of detail.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: 2018-07-20 00:31:31 »
Mh, guessed so. My favourite sense ever, even with bonus flavor text x)

By the way, what's up with the Piano in the Nibelheim Mansion? I am guessing it has to do with Ozma(Going by what Lambda said)... But I have no idea how to make anything happen there. I tried playing the same Melody as for Tifa's Piano(Only thing that came to mind), but to no avail.
I assume the 5th row is the hint, but... I do not get it if that's it. Help would be appreciated.

On a sidenote.... Getting the enemy skill from jerseys is a bloody pain. They use it rarely, have to use it on the right character and cannot be manipulated.

Edit: Got a question: How can I get through allied reflect(aside from debarrier/dispel)?
Was surprised when even White Wind got reflected...

Edit 2: Was surprised Vincent still has his transform more or less like in Vanilla for his Limit. Losing control of a character(And his attack command) until said character dies seems awfully bad to me. And if he's strong enough in Limit to take that cost, he probably is OP if built for it. Wouldn't a change warranted here?(Like, timed transformation).
Also: Do his Limits get affected by backrow penalty? Would really suck if they do.

Edit 3: Just fought a Zuu. Aside from being darn annoying(Which is fine), is it intended that the confusion that it causes is not curable, neither via item, nor via Esuna and not even by characters attacking themselves? Cause that's what happened. It randomly wore off at some point.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-20 05:13:23 by Vaylen »

shiyanuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: 2018-07-20 06:08:46 »
I can't seem to interact with Caith Sith for his side quest at the Temple of the Ancients, he seems to be on air or some sort making me unable to talk to him. I'm still at disc 2 but seeing as I was able to do Yuffie's sidequest at Wutai made me thought I could also do everyone else's, or do I still need to get to disc 3?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: 2018-07-20 12:16:41 »
Might be that disc 3 is still needed; I started a process of making some of these available earlier but maybe I messed that one up; cait sith also needs to be in the party.

Jcdarden

• View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: 2018-07-20 13:39:48 »
Hi there, new to this site / this mod and am loving it so far. I had a couple of questions regarding what I've noticed so far:

1) I was using tifa in the battle arena and swapped out the dragon claw (Dex + 30) for the work glove, which I expected to cause her to hit harder, but she actually dealt less damage. Is Dex tied to attack damage in some way?
2) I want to level up some of the material I've been neglecting without over leveling my characters. I'm in disc 1 - are there spots to grind AP that don't give high EXP as well?

Thanks for all your work on the mod, I have had a great time so far.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: 2018-07-20 17:31:26 »
Hi there, new to this site / this mod and am loving it so far. I had a couple of questions regarding what I've noticed so far:

1) I was using tifa in the battle arena and swapped out the dragon claw (Dex + 30) for the work glove, which I expected to cause her to hit harder, but she actually dealt less damage. Is Dex tied to attack damage in some way?
2) I want to level up some of the material I've been neglecting without over leveling my characters. I'm in disc 1 - are there spots to grind AP that don't give high EXP as well?

Thanks for all your work on the mod, I have had a great time so far.

The 'Ancient' weapons (nail bat, workglove, rocket punch, etc.) use a different damage formula; they use character kills as a modifier and their biggest thing is that they can make Morphing easier as they get past the damage penalty.

There's a new enemy called a Mango Fang on the island where the Temple of the Ancients is situated, that appears on the wasteland parts of the island. They give no exp or gil, but 100AP each.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: 2018-07-20 19:27:26 »
Has my last post not been seen? Well, no matter, got another request.

Now that one can reset rank-ups, we'd need an updated base stat list.
No idea how accurate the current readme exactly is, but it doesn't list rank-up options correctly and Yuffie&Red have the exact same base stats in there.

I'd really liek to use the reset to respecc my characters once I got the highwind(Valuable option, now that I know a bit better how the game works with NT). For that, I believe I have to cheat the base stats back to the original values - which is pretty hard to do when I don't exactly know what those were. 

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: 2018-07-20 22:03:55 »
Is stealing from Reno and Rude in the crashed ship supposed to be impossible? The fight is nothing, I could easily win but I refuse to win without getting their goodies.

I went there right after watching the plane with the materia take off for Rocket Town. Party isCloud, Tifa and Aerith and we're all about

I also just updated to the latest version after playing through up to this point on an older version of 1.5.E veryone seems to hit a decent bit harder and also i think Aerith has a bit more HP.

shiyanuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: 2018-07-21 02:49:50 »
Is there a list of what the effects of each ultimate weapon does, have they been changed from vanilla? Or the effects on the description of each weapon can be taken as is. Also, I can't seem to find where Barret's Max Ray is at, documentation says you can steal them from Armored Golems but I only get Pilebangers when stealing/morphing them.

EDIT: I just finished the dark cave sidequest, It sent me out into Cosmo Canyon area of the map specifically just outside ancient forest, I have no way to get to the Highwind, what now.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-22 05:43:40 by shiyanuu »

eliwolfe92

• View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: 2018-07-21 03:23:09 »
I just wanted to say thank you for making this, Sega Chief. It's really helping breathe new life into an already great game! It's nuts how much time you've clearly put into this so

I have a small issue with NT however that I'm wondering if you might have some insight on.

My issue is that when I start a new game with NT and select the option to keep field music playing during battle, the option doesn't actually work in-game. The battle music doesn't play in the beginning outside of Reactor No.1 but that's how it is in the original game. Inside of Reactor No.1 the battle music plays as usual during each fight.

For what it's worth, I use the 7th Heaven version of your mod acquired directly through the catalog. In the spoiler below is a list of all the mods I have enabled in 7th Heaven v.1.49 (v.1.54 was causing serious issues for my system) Note: I've tried NT on it's own without any other mods enabled and get the same results :| an issue with iro version?)

Spoiler: show
Misc - Jesse Mod
Misc - Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Textures
Field Models - Main Characters
Field Textures - satsuki
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story (Obviously)
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats (Just for Always Run/Skip Cutscenes)
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul (Only using Menu Overhaul)
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

It's also worth noting I tried editing my flevel.lgp using Makou Reactor, like you suggested in this thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16340.0 but had no luck doing that either...

Any advice you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated. Cheers!

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: 2018-07-21 13:09:01 »
Thats a very old version and alot of the bugs in it have been fixed, just try the newest version available on the initial post of this thread. Download the IRO package and open the zip file up and place the ff7 and ff7_bc.exe if you want Menu overhaul in your FF7 directory (make copies of your originals just in case) Then place the IRO included in the zip in your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder and launch 7th heaven. go to your library tab and hit search and at the bottom of the list will be the new NT. just activate it and leave it at the bottom of your load order, then just turn off the original Gameplay and Story iro

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: 2018-07-21 20:52:54 »
I think DLPB said it would be feasible to do that, and I'd be all for implementing such a change.

Sorry, something I overlooked at the time was; IF wall could be refreshed, then counter magic combined with barrier would no longer be wasted, as every counter would just refresh it instead of missing, that might be deemed overpowered?

If that was linked with an all or mega all, that could be extremly strong, but I'm not sure if counter materia thats paired depletes your all supplies? If it does, that would greatly reduce it's worth, as you'd be throwing away your wall+all for when you need it, and would probably be best to not pair it with an all.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7095 on: 2018-07-21 20:54:41 »
Sorry, something I overlooked at the time was; IF wall could be refreshed, then counter magic combined with barrier would no longer be wasted, as every counter would just refresh it instead of missing, that might be deemed overpowered?

If that was linked with an all or mega all, that could be extremly strong, but I'm not sure if counter materia thats paired depletes your all supplies? If it does, that would greatly reduce it's worth, as you'd be throwing away your wall+all for when you need it, and would probably be best to not pair it with an all.
It should deplete "ALL" supply. After all, it also depletes "Summon".
« Last Edit: 2018-07-22 00:37:07 by Vaylen »

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: 2018-07-21 21:13:11 »
I saw in the readme caith sith has a lvl 4 limit break now ? what are these limit breaks he has 4 now ?

shiyanuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: 2018-07-22 16:12:09 »
Okay so I guess I beat every piece of content NT Arranged has to offer already, it's such a great mod honestly and really let's you experience FF7 in a new way, a better way in my opinion, thank you so much for your hard work in creating and developing NT.

Some things though, can you in anyway get the normal ending while playing with this mod? I tried finishing the game with and without the hero medal and it still gives me that party lol, I actually had to turn off the mod on the very last part as it appears that it doesn't have that badass Omnislash scene.

Also, is the ? ? ?/? ? ? character name on the SP screen actually a hidden character? Did I in some way missed in recruiting him/her? There's also another ? ? ? item that is dropped by ? ? ? that I also have no idea if ever got due to the amount of endgame sidebosses.

One thing though that turned me off but not that much is that of how overpowered a full str/dex/luck based Yuffie is with the Conformer late game. She alone stomped most of the bosses dealing 20-30k crits most of the time on those high leveled bosses and practially ended the fights in 2-3 of her turns. It kind of spoiled the fun for me in dealing with most, about around 70% of the late game bosses, though I still did fight each of them again without the Conformer after beating them.

Once again though, thanks for creating NT and I'm sure to replay the game with NT again after some years! Maybe once more just before the remake comes out.

eliwolfe92

• View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: 2018-07-22 20:15:52 »
Thats a very old version and alot of the bugs in it have been fixed, just try the newest version available on the initial post of this thread. Download the IRO package and open the zip file up and place the ff7 and ff7_bc.exe if you want Menu overhaul in your FF7 directory (make copies of your originals just in case) Then place the IRO included in the zip in your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder and launch 7th heaven. go to your library tab and hit search and at the bottom of the list will be the new NT. just activate it and leave it at the bottom of your load order, then just turn off the original Gameplay and Story iro

Well I'm quite the fool for not trying to actually download the mod from this thread instead of the catalog. :-[ Thank you so much for your help UpRisen. I believe the catalog contains v.1.4 for what it's worth. Cheers everyone, and thanks again!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: 2018-07-23 01:18:59 »
Missed this one:
Mh, guessed so. My favourite sense ever, even with bonus flavor text x)

By the way, what's up with the Piano in the Nibelheim Mansion? I am guessing it has to do with Ozma(Going by what Lambda said)... But I have no idea how to make anything happen there. I tried playing the same Melody as for Tifa's Piano(Only thing that came to mind), but to no avail.
I assume the 5th row is the hint, but... I do not get it if that's it. Help would be appreciated.

On a sidenote.... Getting the enemy skill from jerseys is a bloody pain. They use it rarely, have to use it on the right character and cannot be manipulated.

Edit: Got a question: How can I get through allied reflect(aside from debarrier/dispel)?
Was surprised when even White Wind got reflected...

Edit 2: Was surprised Vincent still has his transform more or less like in Vanilla for his Limit. Losing control of a character(And his attack command) until said character dies seems awfully bad to me. And if he's strong enough in Limit to take that cost, he probably is OP if built for it. Wouldn't a change warranted here?(Like, timed transformation).
Also: Do his Limits get affected by backrow penalty? Would really suck if they do.

Edit 3: Just fought a Zuu. Aside from being darn annoying(Which is fine), is it intended that the confusion that it causes is not curable, neither via item, nor via Esuna and not even by characters attacking themselves? Cause that's what happened. It randomly wore off at some point.

Play the same tune on the piano that you would on tifa's piano, it should trigger something. Two of the keys are 'missing' so it's a little more difficult to play it by ear.

Some skills can get through reflect, but for reflectable skills you'll need to either dispel the reflect first or cast it on an enemy and 'bounce' it back and forth but that's a messy tactic to get right.

Limit attacks ignore Row, I've some plans for Vincent's Limit but I've not tested them yet.

I'll check Zuu's confu, maybe it has the status defence ignore flag (or resist).

Has my last post not been seen? Well, no matter, got another request.

Now that one can reset rank-ups, we'd need an updated base stat list.
No idea how accurate the current readme exactly is, but it doesn't list rank-up options correctly and Yuffie&Red have the exact same base stats in there.

I'd really liek to use the reset to respecc my characters once I got the highwind(Valuable option, now that I know a bit better how the game works with NT). For that, I believe I have to cheat the base stats back to the original values - which is pretty hard to do when I don't exactly know what those were. 

I've made the edit today, for now here's Yuffie's base stats - the rest should be correct (the readme in the documentation folder of the installer/IRO folders).
\\Initial Stats//
HP (Lv.6-99: 235-5269
MP (Lv.6-99: 43-709
Strength:    37
Vitality:    08
Magic:    38
Spirit:    11
Dexterity:    50
Luck:    12

Is stealing from Reno and Rude in the crashed ship supposed to be impossible? The fight is nothing, I could easily win but I refuse to win without getting their goodies.

I went there right after watching the plane with the materia take off for Rocket Town. Party isCloud, Tifa and Aerith and we're all about

I also just updated to the latest version after playing through up to this point on an older version of 1.5.E veryone seems to hit a decent bit harder and also i think Aerith has a bit more HP.

It's an oversight with the level adjustment I made for damage formulas; it means that as you get toward the end of the game, stealing gets more unfeasible without the Sneak Glove. Because the mod was balanced around it, I've not been able to properly deal with it but I'm going to be adjusting formulas directly in the .EXE for a rebuild at some point in the future.

Is there a list of what the effects of each ultimate weapon does, have they been changed from vanilla? Or the effects on the description of each weapon can be taken as is. Also, I can't seem to find where Barret's Max Ray is at, documentation says you can steal them from Armored Golems but I only get Pilebangers when stealing/morphing them.

EDIT: I just finished the dark cave sidequest, It sent me out into Cosmo Canyon area of the map specifically just outside ancient forest, I have no way to get to the Highwind, what now.

Max Ray is a drop from the Armored Golem, I'll check the documentation and correct it. Drops aren't calculated if Steal is successful so just focus on killing them. They're on a fairly common drop rate.

Are you playing on the latest IRO version? I had to update it to use a walkmesh chunk so that the map jump would go to Forgotten City instead.

I saw in the readme caith sith has a lvl 4 limit break now ? what are these limit breaks he has 4 now ?

He doesn't have one, but he has a boss on Disc 3 like the other characters do; but instead of a Lv.4 Limit he gets an item used to make his ultimate weapon.

Cait does have a new Lv.1 Limit though; I added Transform to it.

Okay so I guess I beat every piece of content NT Arranged has to offer already, it's such a great mod honestly and really let's you experience FF7 in a new way, a better way in my opinion, thank you so much for your hard work in creating and developing NT.

Some things though, can you in anyway get the normal ending while playing with this mod? I tried finishing the game with and without the hero medal and it still gives me that party lol, I actually had to turn off the mod on the very last part as it appears that it doesn't have that badass Omnislash scene.

Also, is the ? ? ?/? ? ? character name on the SP screen actually a hidden character? Did I in some way missed in recruiting him/her? There's also another ? ? ? item that is dropped by ? ? ? that I also have no idea if ever got due to the amount of endgame sidebosses.

One thing though that turned me off but not that much is that of how overpowered a full str/dex/luck based Yuffie is with the Conformer late game. She alone stomped most of the bosses dealing 20-30k crits most of the time on those high leveled bosses and practially ended the fights in 2-3 of her turns. It kind of spoiled the fun for me in dealing with most, about around 70% of the late game bosses, though I still did fight each of them again without the Conformer after beating them.

Once again though, thanks for creating NT and I'm sure to replay the game with NT again after some years! Maybe once more just before the remake comes out.

The ending behaviour was bugged so I corrected it recently. It was supposed to be that if Aeris was alive, you got the ending card in the church but if she was dead then it played the normal ending FMV.

Currently, it's been set to play the ending FMV if it's on Normal Mode. Arrange will show the alternate ending screen.

As for 20-30k crits, the mod wasn't balanced around break damage limit; it was balanced within the 9999 limit. Conformer is a very strong weapon in mods though, as it uses enemy level as its modifier where they'll typically be higher than in base game.

Maybe I'll have NT finalised before the remake comes out; be nice to have it there ready before the new game goes out.