Miscellaneous Forums > Scripting and Reverse Engineering

[FF7PC]Hot-swap characters while battle module is active

(1/3) > >>

hay:
I'd like to allow change of characters while battle is active. To disable character from fight there's the removal effect from materia and enemy attacks, is there a known way to trigger this effect? Also, is there a way of inserting a character during combat, something along the FFX lines?

DLPB_:
It's possibly as easy as updating a var or two.  But it could also be really troublesome.  If NFITC1 doesn't beat me to it, when I get time, I'll check.

hay:
No pressure, I'm just trying to assess if it's been already done or requires discovering. If it's undiscovered it can be ultimately unpredictable. I might look into it too, but I've got ten years of progress to catch up first.

Tsuna:
Maybe the system where you turn into a frog can work? Thats essentially a hotswap. or maybe Vincents limits?

nfitc1:
Vincent's limits SEEMS logical, but that doesn't really update any character stats. Using the Remove feature makes sense (ala Midgardsormr's Blown Away), but adding back a character was never anticipated by the engine. You might have to reload the entire battle scene to introduce a new character.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version