Author Topic: In other news... (monkeys)  (Read 18474 times)

Sad Jari

In other news... (monkeys)
« on: 2005-06-13 16:03:46 »
Ok, this was simply so funny that I had to answer. Sorry about that, feel free to ignore me.

Quote from: Alhexx
1. I think that one of the main moderating problems on this board is that only a few of your moderators are still around here (SaiNt, Aaron, You, and me).
Some of the moderators have not been posting here for a long while, as fice, halkun, dagsverre...

ROFLMAO! Dude, Halkun has been moderating about 10 times as much as you lately. In fact, when did you last moderate anything? Only thing I remember you doing was bitching to me, because you thought that my views were too strict.

Ok, just had to say that. I'll go away now.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-13 17:11:53 »
Heh. Like you proved to be any better at maintaining intellectuality, Mr. Cut-out-all-the-tasty-bits-of-old-quality-topics.  :roll:

Sad Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-13 18:24:23 »
Gee, I didn't know that I was talking about intellectuality, but sure. Whatever.

I was, however, under the impression that what I wrote was mine. Was I wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with Alhexx being a mod. In fact, I quite like the decision. For my own reasons, though. :)

EDIT: It is kinda nice to see you stand up for someone, though. Refreshing change. 8)

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-13 18:26:37 »
Quote from: Monkey on your back
ROFLMAO! Dude, Halkun has been moderating about 10 times as much as you lately. In fact, when did you last moderate anything? Only thing I remember you doing was bitching to me, because you thought that my views were too strict.

Ok, just had to say that. I'll go away now.

Ah yeah, it was so funny that you didn't even read item number 2, heh?
Quote from: Me
2. Another problem was that moderators are only allowed to moderate a few forums, not all. If I see some heavy rule-breaking action in the unrelated forum (where most of the sh*t happens), for example, I cannot use my "mod powers" there, the only thing I can do is giving an advise or telling another mod/admin who has the power to edit or delete posts or topics in a specific forum about that...

And besides, I'm not going to have a discussion about that here, since I have not been online quite ofter the last few months because of my student work, and I suppose that won't accept excuses like that anyway...

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-13 18:34:50 »
"Heh", your number 2 sure didn't stop Halkun, did it? In case you didn't notice, he also had only Tech-related to mod - yet he did something with it.

...I have not been online quite ofter the last few months because of my student work...

Yet, just hours ago you said:

...only a few of your moderators are still around here (SaiNt, Aaron, You, and me).

Which is it? It sure can't be both. Are you here, or are you not here?

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-13 18:50:51 »
Take a closer look:
...I have not been online quite ofter the last few months because of my student work...

...only a few of your moderators are still around here (SaiNt, Aaron, You, and me).

Besides, I never said that I'm a "perfect moderator" or anything like that. I do this job as good as I can, and there are mods on this forum who do their work better than me. Is this what you wanna hear?

And, btw, why are you still here? It's not like I'm going to tell you that you should leave or anything like that, but I that doesn't fit into my brain.
First you start public discussions that you will leave for good and so on, and now? You're still here, sitting in front of your monitor and laughing that this community is not what is was once before, and laughing at admins and mods losing their nerves?
If yes, why do you post then?

You should decide whether you want to be a part of this qhimm's forums "community" or if you want to just sit in front of your monitor and laugh at us...

Oh, and there something else:
About that "bitching you":
I never had anything against you. Maybe I wasn't consequent enough for my job as a mod when we had all those troll etc problems.
But you overreacted.
There have been many members pissed off by the behaviour of some newbies, some of them left quietly without saying goodbye, some of them decided to simply wait until the chaos is over (and they maybe still wait...), but you did it your own individual way that noone else that you can understand.

Now I'm going to smoke a cigarette, and I'm sure that when I come back, I'll have another few lines from you to read how you turned my own words against me... (reminds me of an controversy I had this weekend with my friend)

- Alhexx

- edit -
Okay, I have to admin that "Some of the moderators have not been posting here for a long while" does not match for halkun. Sorry, halkun.

Sad Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-13 19:12:47 »
Besides, I never said that I'm a "perfect moderator" or anything like that. I do this job as good as I can, and there are mods on this forum who do their work better than me. Is this what you wanna hear?

No. I'm rather firm believer in "seeing is believing". If I haven't seen you around, I don't have reason to believe that you will be around - simple as that.

Then again, if you think that there are mods better than you - why do you want more power for yourself?

And, btw, why are you still here? It's not like I'm going to tell you that you should leave or anything like that, but I that doesn't fit into my brain.
First you start public discussions that you will leave for good and so on, and now? You're still here, sitting in front of your monitor and laughing that this community is not what is was once before, and laughing at admins and mods losing their nerves?
If yes, why do you post then?

To have fun. Specifically to laugh at the very thing I pointed out - currently, that is. :) At different times I've laughed at different things.

I take pleasure at seeing where the forum is going, I don't deny that. That's the reason I'm keeping my eye on it. You just happened to make such a hilarious claim that I chose to say something about it.

You should decide whether you want to be a part of this qhimm's forums "community" or if you want to just sit in front of your monitor and laugh at us...

Oh, I have made that decision quite some time ago. Can't you see? :)

I never had anything against you.

I didn't say that you have had something against you - that I can't know.

I said that the only thing you have done here recently has been bitching to me. Whether you bitch to me because you have something against me - or for some other reasons - I do not know. I do know that you did, though.

Now I'm going to smoke a cigarette, and I'm sure that when I come back, I'll have another few lines from you to read how you turned my own words against me... (reminds me of an controversy I had this weekend with my friend)

Wouldn't that mean that there's something wrong with your words, if I can turn them against you? Try being logical and honest, it helps. :)

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-13 19:44:34 »
Quote from: Monkey on your back

Wouldn't that mean that there's something wrong with your words, if I can turn them against you? Try being logical and honest, it helps. :)

In Alhexx's defence, everything is open to interpretation.  So anything he, or anyone else for that matter, says can be turned against them with the right spin.

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-13 20:33:17 »
Quote from: JPWest
So anything he, or anyone else for that matter, says can be turned against them with the right spin.

That's what I meant.
And this was your technique when there was this "war" when you were leaving, especially the "conversation" with L. Spiro was nothing more than thousands of quotes beeing abused for turning them against their author. And it's the same thing again.

However, I'm making some quotes here, too, since it's so popular right now:

Quote from: Moyb
Then again, if you think that there are mods better than you - why do you want more power for yourself?

Once again, you're not reading carefully enough. Did I really say that? I can't remember. I do not even see that  in my first post in this topic.

But wait, let me quote it for you:
You maybe should think about giving the mods access to more forums, especially the unreleated one to take care of that.

I think this is what you were pointing at, right? Well, I don't see the words "I", "me" or "Alhexx" in that quote?
I was talking about more power for the moderator crew, not for myself. The fact, that I'm the only one (until now), who has more mod power now, was Qhimm's decision, not mine.

[edit addition]
And I didn't even say that I should be left a moderator. As I said in the first post, the admin should "update" the mod crew, I did not say that I have to be a member of this new crew.
Yes, I'm proud of being a moderator here, and as I said before, I'll try to do this job as good as I can do, but I'm not telling Qhimm what he has got to do on his forum. The only thing I did is telling my opinion and trying to give some advises. It's his board and his crew, and I support him, what ever he decides to do.
[/edit addition]

Well, the next quote then...
Oh, I have made that decision quite some time ago. Can't you see?

No, I can't. What I meant is if you have decided to post (as you do right now), and be responsible for what happens in here, too, or just sitting and watching all the other people digging their own graves on this forum.

I do know that you did, though.

And what?

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-13 21:33:04 »
And this was your technique when there was this "war" when you were leaving, especially the "conversation" with L. Spiro was nothing more than thousands of quotes beeing abused for turning them against their author. And it's the same thing again.

Boo-hoo. No doubt that you would prefer me not answering.

Strangely enough, if you make several points, I prefer to address them separately.

Once again, you're not reading carefully enough. Did I really say that? I can't remember. I do not even see that  in my first post in this topic.

But wait, let me quote it for you:
You maybe should think about giving the mods access to more forums, especially the unreleated one to take care of that.

I think this is what you were pointing at, right? Well, I don't see the words "I", "me" or "Alhexx" in that quote?
I was talking about more power for the moderator crew, not for myself. The fact, that I'm the only one (until now), who has more mod power now, was Qhimm's decision, not mine.

Ehhh? Let's see... moderator complains about moderators not having enough power. Could it perhaps be that he wants more? Nah, that's not possible, because it's Alhexx, who didn't even mention himself!

Dude, you are a moderator. When you suggest that moderators should have more power, you suggest that you should have more power.

Let's try this in a different way; I say "Finns are far superior to Germans". What do you think, do I also state that I'm superior to Germans?

Come on, you can't be so naive that you expect people to buy that explanation?

And I didn't even say that I should be left a moderator. As I said in the first post, the admin should "update" the mod crew, I did not say that I have to be a member of this new crew.

*yawn* You didn't, because you assumed that you would be part of it.

Again, don't assume that everyone else is a fool.

Oh, I have made that decision quite some time ago. Can't you see?

No, I can't. What I meant is if you have decided to post (as you do right now), and be responsible for what happens in here, too, or just sitting and watching all the other people digging their own graves on this forum.

Be responsible? How exactly does posting here make me responsible for what happens to the forum?

I do know that you did, though.

And what?

Just that. That I do know when someone is bitching to me. You, for example.

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-13 22:03:14 »
Ehhh? Let's see... moderator complains about moderators not having enough power. Could it perhaps be that he wants more? Nah, that's not possible, because it's Alhexx, who didn't even mention himself!

And once again, you understood what you wanted to understand...
...I said that not I need more power, but all moderators, including me, of course. I'm not aiming at having more to say than any other moderator here.

Let's try this in a different way; I say "Finns are far superior to Germans". What do you think, do I also state that I'm superior to Germans?

Let's try it that way: When I say that german people are the most stupid on this planet, do I also mean that I am stupid?

Yeah, I did. But I never said I have to be.

Be responsible? How exactly does posting here make me responsible for what happens to the forum?

I'll answer that using a quote:
Just that.

Everyone posting here is responsible for what happens here, if noone would be responsible, that's mean that noone's posting here.

Just that. That I do know when someone is bitching to me. You, for example.

Aha.

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-13 22:21:02 »
And once again, you understood what you wanted to understand...
...I said that not I need more power, but all moderators, including me, of course. I'm not aiming at having more to say than any other moderator here.

That's what I've been trying to say. I have never ever stated that you wanted more than others, just that you wanted more.

Now, who was it that was understanding what he wanted to...?

Let's try it that way: When I say that german people are the most stupid on this planet, do I also mean that I am stupid?

Yes. Unless you are not German, of course.

If blue balls are wet and red balls are not wet; is this particular blue ball wet? Yes/No?

Yeah, I did. But I never said I have to be.

Well, wouldn't the point of assuming be that you didn't have to say?

Everyone posting here is responsible for what happens here

I do not agree (because I think that mods and admins are responsible, since they have the power to do something about it), but I see the point in this part.

if noone would be responsible, that's mean that noone's posting here.

But this certainly can not be true.

Don't worry about the last one, I'm just nitpicking - I do see your point.  :P

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-13 22:49:01 »
I can't believe it. If we ignore that with the wet balls out, I now have the feeling that we're talking about the same thing...

The moderator crew needs access to more forums, especially the unrelated one, where most moderative work is needed. The only ones who had moderative powers in the unrelated forums who used them where Aaron, SaiNt and Qhimm. Most of the moderative work was done by Aaron, however, I can imagine that he's also tired of taking care about every single newbie breaking the rules in the unreleated forum. Qhimm stated his point at the beginning of this topic.
That's the reason why there should be more mods in that forum.
And I think that it's better have a smaller moderator crew, where every single mod has moderative powers over more forums, than having every single moderator taking care of only one forum.

And yes, I wanted to be part of the crew. But like I said, I'm not the one who decides about that.

I hope that I haven't forgotten anything important above, and if yes, then I'm sure that you'll remind me of that in your next answer.

And I'm not going to answer on that wet ball thingy since we're not talking about the same thing there and this would lead to nothing. And I think it's not relevant anymore.

Maybe it's time to finally end this discussion here, what do you think?

Quote from: Birdy (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
I'm going to bed now. Night night

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-13 23:00:03 »
Oh, the reasoning itself is valid.

IMNSHO it's too little, too late though - this place has already gone to hell in a handbasket and it's not going to come back. But that's beside the point. As is my view that I don't mind that at all. :P

If you remember my first post, it was your comment about who were around and who were not, that I found funny. :)

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-14 08:51:13 »
Welcome back Jari.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-14 15:10:32 »
Didn't Think you would stay away for long Jari...

Sad Jari

« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-14 15:10:57 »
Don't worry, you don't have to put up with me for much longer.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-14 21:00:00 »
Quote from: MYOB
Don't worry, you don't have to put up with me for much longer.

Oh, I seriously doubt that.

Sad Jari

« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-14 21:16:22 »
You can doubt it as much as you want.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-15 08:12:28 »
You can doubt it as much as you want.

Can I doubt it too ?

Sad Jari

« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-15 08:31:09 »
You can.

You'll see, though.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-15 13:24:53 »
Quote from: Markishness

What is your basis for any kind of comment on this topic, anyway...?

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-15 14:08:00 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Quote from: Markishness

What is your basis for any kind of comment on this topic, anyway...?

Well, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if you are asking why I wrote that, it's because I think MYOB can't resist caming back and plaguing the forum with his pointless comments.  I mean, he came back for this, didn't he?:isee:

If you are asking why I am posting on this topic...

??? I might have posted on any topic, but I wanted to choose this one.  I don't know why.  The same reason everyone else is posting on it.  I mean, there's no substantial subject matter here, just arguing with MYOB.  So I don't know.

Alhexx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-15 15:33:41 »
You maybe didn't notice that all the posts written by moyb and me were originally posted in the "serious Topic". They have been cut out and pasted to this "monkeys" topic, just to keep the other topic clear from this "fight" between moyb and me.
This topic has not been created to argue with moyb.

And I think what Qhimm meant is why you made a comment about moyb.
The point is that he has "started" leaving this forum a long time before you registered and most probably before you have first visited this forum.

- Alhexx

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-15 22:00:25 »
You maybe didn't notice that all the posts written by moyb and me were originally posted in the "serious Topic". They have been cut out and pasted to this "monkeys" topic, just to keep the other topic clear from this "fight" between moyb and me.
This topic has not been created to argue with moyb.

I know, I know...

And I think what Qhimm meant is why you made a comment about moyb.
The point is that he has "started" leaving this forum a long time before you registered and most probably before you have first visited this forum.

- Alhexx

True, before I registered, but I looked at this forum for a while, and also, how could I resist reading a locked topic named, "Delete my Account NOW!"  I read it, and I know mostly about Jari.  Sorry if no one else thought I should post here.