Author Topic: In other news... (Rubicant silliness)  (Read 13151 times)

Rubicant?

• View Profile
In other news... (Rubicant silliness)
« on: 2005-11-26 08:27:02 »
I hate to resurrect this topic.. but seriously guys.  The "Rubicant Incident" was well over a year ago.  Granted I don't post much and have become very inactive, but I'm reading everything I missed and I see that this incident is still being brought up.  I think everyone should be over that by about... 1-2 weeks later, not 1-2 years later.  Sure I'm resurrecting an old thread, so feel free to hand me my 2nd warning.  I got my first well over a year ago and for some reason it never went away.  Warnings are handed out like candy to fat kids, so if you must, feel free to reward me with my 2nd.   It's a bit sad to think that a community that thrives off a some of the greatest games ever, is still stuck on one little problem.  Stop fighting over who should have more power etc..., and instead start discussing things relevant to the messageboard's purpose.  I'm pretty sure that was why it was created in the first place, not to have e-fights and bicker all the time.

Once again Alhexx, sorry to revive.  Just catching up on things.

Sad Jari

« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-26 14:14:08 »
Quote from: Golbez
I think everyone should be over that by about... 1-2 weeks later, not 1-2 years later.

That's a funny thing to say, seeing that you just revived a thread because of it. That incident is why you got your warning, wasn't it? :lol:

In fact... weren't you even banned for a while? Are you whining because money didn't make the warning to away?

Once again Alhexx, sorry to revive.  Just catching up on things.

Sure you are.

PS. The Rubicant-incident I was referring to (Or was I? I don't feel like reading the thread over) had nothing to do with the lamest DoS-attack ever performed. I'm talking about way older things.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-28 11:21:05 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
That incident is why you got your warning, wasn't it?

No.  It wasn't.

In fact... weren't you even banned for a while?

No.  I wasn't.

Are you whining because money didn't make the warning to away?

Yes Jari... I'm whining because a stupid little card below my name that says "1 Warning" is still there over a year later even though I donated money to Qhimm.   :roll:  Puh-leeze.  I donated money to Qhimm to help compensate for the money he had to pay to get his server back up and running.  Usually when you "break" something you pay for it.  If I really cared about the little .gif animation, why would I have said "Give me another one."?

Granted I don't post much and have become very inactive...

I think that shows about how much I care about a little tiny .gif image below my name.  If the incidicent you are referring to then is infact the humongous avatar thing, seriously.  Get over it.  If you are still hung up because some random person you have never met, that lives over 5000 miles away, posted an avatar too big for your liking, stop and think about how dumb that sounds.  Someone posted a picture too big.  Does it affect your everyday life?  Does it affect your living habits?  I certainly hope not, so get over it.

Once again Alhexx, sorry to revive. Just catching up on things.
Sure you are.

I am surprised that you are able to somehow tap into my head and know my true feelings.  Maybe if you could see how often I log in and read these ridiculous posts, you'd think different.  I was infact sorry for reviving the thread.

PS. The Ridiculous posts I was referring to (Or was I? I don't feel like wasting more time reading the threads over) are the ones that are stupid pointless arguments over absolutely nothing.  As one of my friends once told me:  Arguing over the internet is like winning the Special Olympics.  Even though it makes you feel good, you're still retarded.

Sad Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-28 13:36:21 »
First of all; I would suggest changing your avatar. You don't want to break the law, do you? See, you don't have either the copyright, nor permission to use it. You could try asking for permission, of course, all you have to do is track down my old junior high phys/chem teacher. Good luck. :P

Nice to know that you are so obsessed about me that you snoop around my webspace. :)

Quote from: Rubicant?
No.  It wasn't.

Oh really? Perhaps you should go read the thread, then. It might refresh your memory.

In fact... weren't you even banned for a while?

No.  I wasn't.

Oooh, living in denial. Again, read the thread.

Or are you indeed Rubicant, hoping to get your ass handed to you... again? :lol: In that case I hope that Golbez is aware that giving his account to a banned person isn't probably the smartest idea ever. Might lead to, dunno, getting banned? :D

Yes Jari... I'm whining because a stupid little card below my name that says "1 Warning" is still there over a year later even though I donated money to Qhimm.   :roll:  Puh-leeze.  I donated money to Qhimm to help compensate for the money he had to pay to get his server back up and running.  Usually when you "break" something you pay for it.

Sure you did. You'll excuse me, if I don't believe word you say, right? :)

In reality you - if you are Rubicant - were scared shitless when you realized that what you did was actually illegal and could get your sorry ass into court, if Qhimm would want to. The donation appeared really quickly after we started talking about such things.

If I really cared about the little .gif animation, why would I have said "Give me another one."?

Uhhh, what .gif animation?

I think that shows about how much I care about a little tiny .gif image below my name.

Why did you resurrect a thread to bitch about it, then?

If the incidicent you are referring to then is infact the humongous avatar thing, seriously.

Nope.

Get over it.  If you are still hung up because some random person you have never met, that lives over 5000 miles away, posted an avatar too big for your liking, stop and think about how dumb that sounds.

Uhhh, who was it that was snooping around in my webspace? Talk about hung up. :lol:

I am surprised that you are able to somehow tap into my head and know my true feelings.  Maybe if you could see how often I log in and read these ridiculous posts, you'd think different.  I was infact sorry for reviving the thread.

I can see when a bad liar is trying to bullshit people, I don't have to tap into anything. For God's sake, your head would be the last thing I would want to tap into.

Considering that Golbez last logged in 29th of September, 2004 and Rubicant's account is banned, I would say that not very often. :lol:

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-28 16:29:47 »
Split this silly argument from this thread.

Sad Jari

« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-28 17:40:46 »
Oh, I just noticed something, it really is our old "friend", or someone from Alaska, at least. :lol: You can drop the question mark.

And as for that "logging in and reading these ridiculous posts"; your IP sure doesn't show up before the 13th of October, so based on that and the facts I mentioned earlier... you are lying.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-28 18:50:38 »
No. It wasn't.
Oh really? Perhaps you should go read the thread, then. It might refresh your memory.

Oooh, living in denial.

Quote from: Qhimm
Note: This being Golbez' first offense, I've decided to reduce the ban to the customary warning. This is still a strong warning however, and his behaviour in the near future will determine if the ban will return. Consider it a brief period of probation.

And no, this has nothing to do with him donating money; pardons can't be bought ;)

Oh really?  Seems to be crystal clear right there.  I don't think I'm living in "denial" over that sneaky little yellow warning card at all.  I got my warning for things I said to Qhimm.

You could try asking for permission, of course, all you have to do is track down my old junior high phys/chem teacher. Good luck.

I really don't feel like searching for records that existed in the 1970s.

Uhhhh this one?

And as for that "logging in and reading these ridiculous posts"; your IP sure doesn't show up before the 13th of October, so based on that and the facts I mentioned earlier... you are lying.

Wait... wouldn't that prove my point if I haven't logged in since before the 13th of October?  It's now almost December  :o

As for "snooping" around your webspace... Here's a crafty little website for you to enjoy:  Neat little link

Sad Jari

« Reply #7 on: 2005-11-29 01:46:26 »
Oh really?  Seems to be crystal clear right there.  I don't think I'm living in "denial" over that sneaky little yellow warning card at all.  I got my warning for things I said to Qhimm.

And you were referring to that very incident in your first post; "The "Rubicant Incident" was well over a year ago." , were you not? :)

I really don't feel like searching for records that existed in the 1970s.

Too bad for you, then. :P

Uhhhh this one?

Oh! Silly me, I haven't noticed  that it's animated!

Wait... wouldn't that prove my point if I haven't logged in since before the 13th of October?  It's now almost December  :o

True. That's like 6 weeks out of what... 60, since you last logged in? Or more, if we are talking about our Alaskan friend here, seeing that he was banned during the summer.

It really doesn't seem very often, if you ask me.

As for "snooping" around your webspace... Here's a crafty little website for you to enjoy:  Neat little link

Funny thing is that you can't find that picture either with my name, or my handle. So, yes, you have been snooping around. :D

twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-04 18:27:08 »
I don't mean to bitch, but Sad Jari; I thought you left. Stop bitching around will ya?

Sad Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-04 18:49:06 »
Aww, did someone take your lollipop? :P

Or are you siding with people who attacked my blog and gallery about 12 hours ago? :lol: Surely you wouldn't do that, would you? :)

SephyCloudyWhatserface_Lil.Yufi

• Yuffie and Vincent... im a split personality
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-05 08:42:29 »
:roll:
this is one of the reasons i stopped coming for a while, why do you always have to fight over virtually nothing, this time i dont care who started it, stop flaming each other, do you really want to turn this forum to a place of hate? because if you don't stop soon it could spread to the rest of the site.
Quote from: twitch
. Stop bitching around will ya?

has a point, then you flame someone who is trying to get you to, (pardon this) Shut Up, and stop pointlessly arguing.
fair enough to those involved there may be a point, but beyond that, arguing for the sake of arguing?
(or in the words of)

Quote from: Duragon C Mikado
... a new indulgence, the pleasure of fighting for the sake of fighting

and after that speech he... well game over, its a bad way to live your lives.
and before you say 'i can argue till hell freezes over' check some philosophy's, beyond the ninth gate, ice.

Sad Jari

« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-05 08:59:20 »
Virtually over nothing?

So... trying to DoS the site down was nothing? Because had it succeeded, the forums might not exist. Excuse me for thinking that people who had part in that have no right to whine about some silly warning; they should be counting their blessings that they are not banned.

I'm sure that you'll tell us what is 'something' if that is 'nothing'. :)

Quote from: White Widow
and before you say 'i can argue till hell freezes over' check some philosophy's, beyond the ninth gate, ice.

Uhhh, I'm so glad that at least you are making sense. :lol:

SephyCloudyWhatserface_Lil.Yufi

• Yuffie and Vincent... im a split personality
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-12-05 10:30:41 »
DoS ?
yeah i was saying you should stop arguing, you seem to be just sniping each other for little reason.
and the bottom line yeah care to slow down a step, why emphasise the word you?

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-12-05 11:22:05 »
Its called sarcasm

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-12-05 11:33:16 »
Quote from: Milon
DoS ?

Do your homework next time.
Denial of Service - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-12-05 13:42:21 »
Typical, such a thread attracts like minded people :)

What a waste of bandwidth.