Author Topic: What to do about obsession with computer? USB tech support?  (Read 8963 times)

Midgar

• View Profile
Recently there has been a lot of problems around me. Just after making a post yesterday, my mom destroyed my computer and now I have no computer...
Despite my computer being completely out of date, I loved everything about its 384mb RAM, 12gig hard drive, and its 500megahertz processor.
It's vpenis may not have been the best, but it was there for me since 1998.
What should I do? I need to find a way to not have this happen again...
Thanks...
I think I may have an unhealthy obsession with computer, what should I do about that?

Sad Jari

Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-04 06:43:46 »
Quote from: Midgar
What should I do? I need to find a way to not have this happen again...

I suggest booby trapping (mmm.... boobies....) your next computer. With big enough explosive, it's guaranteed to be the last computer your mother destroys.

Disclaimer: It is not advisable to be standing next to a thermobaric explosive device, when the said device goes off.

I think I may have an unhealthy obsession with computer, what should I do about that?

Again, booby trap helps. This time you just have to trap some boobies (and preferably someone attached to them) for your personal use and amusement.

Jedimark

• View Profile
What to do about obsession with computer? USB tech support?
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-04 15:44:57 »
I think a thermobaric device would do more than enough damage!

Sad Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-04 16:08:40 »
Pffft, collateral schmollateral.

Mother, computer, house... what's the difference?

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-05 06:17:57 »
When I left America I had some unpaid student loans and the government was threatening to get the money by force.

Of course I would have paid them but I didn’t have enough money to go to Thailand AND pay them, so of course what could I do?
They just had to wait.

So, knowing that they would try to steal my things to pay for the debt, I laced my home computer with anthrax.

Anthrax was “in” back then.

Just make sure your mother doesn’t run up to you and gasp in your face though, and/or put her hands all over you clinging for her last hope.

L. Spiro

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-05 08:10:30 »
(...) my mom destroyed my computer (...)

Errrmm, how and why did she do this?

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-05 10:28:55 »
While we wait for Midgar to answer, I would like to propose my theory on this.

It's a known fact that mothers hate computers. So much so, that when forced to reside in a same space with an offending compewter, they'll start to spontaneously emit Computer Ruining Antipathy Power - hereafter known as CRAP.

Normally compewters are build to handle this CRAP, and use their SUCK (also known as Self Upholding Capacity Knack) to combat this field of vile evil. However, seeing that this particular compewter was an old and tired one, its SUCK was probably not strong enough to protect it from his mother's CRAP anymore.

Soooo, my theory is that his mother's CRAP simply overwhelmed the poor computer's ability to SUCK it. Very sad.

Rest in peace, little computer. May your successor SUCK more.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-05 20:08:36 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
While we wait for Midgar to answer, I would like to propose my theory on this.

It's a known fact that mothers hate computers. So much so, that when forced to reside in a same space with an offending compewter, they'll start to spontaneously emit Computer Ruining Antipathy Power - hereafter known as CRAP.

Normally compewters are build to handle this CRAP, and use their SUCK (also known as Self Upholding Capacity Knack) to combat this field of vile evil. However, seeing that this particular compewter was an old and tired one, its SUCK was probably not strong enough to protect it from his mother's CRAP anymore.

Soooo, my theory is that his mother's CRAP simply overwhelmed the poor computer's ability to SUCK it. Very sad.

Rest in peace, little computer. May your successor SUCK more.

Brilliancy.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #8 on: 2006-04-07 22:31:23 »
Your mom destroyed you computer? What?! Thats crazy man, id move out. That is seriously weird tho, anyway about your hard drive you can connect a hard drive to your laptop through a usb cable, so all might not be lost. Oh and buy a lock for your door or something, the happiest day of my life was when the doorknob fell off the door of my room and they had to knock everytime. So if ya dont like the lock option, break the handle. :)

Oh yeah and about an unhealthy obsession, i dunno, i cant really say because i spent my childhood in a dark room with the lights off, playing and finishing final fantasy in just a weekend, without stopping or sleeping. I think thats obsession, and wanting to play it again beacause im talking about it, thats obsession...   :o

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #9 on: 2006-04-10 23:18:05 »
lol  :lol:

Man, then i think we have a problem....
Playin the computer is good fun, but there has to be a limit! I would go on day binges of just playin the computer, but not all the time!! One of the worst problems i have is not knowing when to stop, some people say that the screen hurts their eyes after a while, or that they have a headache, but i play til i fall asleep and birds are tweeting outside my window. Fuck yeah, we have a problem.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #10 on: 2006-04-22 06:21:58 »
One thing that totally hasn't been answered in this thread Midgar is WHY did your mom do that?

I'm really curious as to what would cause her to destroy your computer.. Not to mention i'd have to KILL anyone that destroyed my computer..

There is nothing wrong with being a computer geek.. Nothing at all.. Nothing wrong with spending a WHOLE night on the computer.. I do that day after day after day.. I communicate, download, watch, entertain myself, listen to music.. My life is my computer.. That's just the way it is.. ~_^

But what did you do? Or Why the hell did your mom do that for?

In all honesty .. If my mom did that to me.. Which she'd never ever dream of doing that to me.. She'd be buying me a new one.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #11 on: 2006-04-22 06:25:55 »
It seems like a natural tension between parents and computers, especially computers with games on them. The most extreme thing my mom ever did was try to take the monitor plug (the one that connects monitor to computer) and hide it, which didn't work because I have spare computer parts in my room 0.o