Stupid. It sucks.
0 (0%)
The weirdest music I've ever heard...
0 (0%)
For people who have too much energy.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: 2006-04-09 22:14:52

Author Topic: DragonForce!  (Read 6425 times)

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
DragonForce!
« on: 2006-04-09 22:14:52 »
This thread is for all metal-loving people around here. Oh, and everyone else as well. :wink:

Allright. We all know Nightwish right? Powermetal to the max, lyrics that mean almost nothing, beautiful singing (untill she got fired) and ofcourse fast keyboard and guitar solo's. Okay, keep that picture.

Now we all know Children of Bodom? Super-super fast adrenaline pumping speedmetal with even faster keyboard and guitar solo's. Keep that picture too.

Now, imagine combining the above-mentioned pictures...yes, go ahead, you can do it. Okay? Got that? Now, let's say, triple the speed of everything. Add glamrock-like bandmembers, over the top lyrics and stageperformage. Still with me?

If you are, DragonForce might just be your band. I think they are the best band at what they do. I'm really no big powermetal fan at all, but I just loved these guys.

Check it out for yourself:

Here (sure you want to go ahead and actually click?)

*For the Mods: We had a thread with a Putfile-file containing a song by Turisas some time ago, if it's not okay for me to link to this, please feel free to remove the link!*

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
DragonForce!
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-09 22:26:48 »
A friend of mine has been "spamming" me this for quite some time now so i got the time to listen to it and i must say, i like how the one dude with the keyboard does the things he do, and 3 guitarists?! awsome  8)

Sad Jari

DragonForce!
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-09 22:27:36 »
It's Yngwie Malmsteen on steroids! :lol:

Detecting slight resemblance to Running Wild, as well.

I think that I like it. Takes a bit of getting used to, though. :)

Relf

• View Profile
DragonForce!
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-09 22:38:16 »
I am mildly dissapointed, I was hoping this thread was about Sega Saturn's Dragon Force game! :isee:

Zophixan

• View Profile
DragonForce!
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-10 16:50:05 »
They're ok.. The solos are pretty good, but I really think they need to slow down...

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
DragonForce!
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-12 21:13:08 »
Pfff, Their latest album is utter shite.

Off the back of Sonic Firestorm, DF and so much potention with Inhuman Rampage, and they wasted it.

Ill still go and seethem at Download fest in June mind.  Ill be seing Opeth there too ^^

And for the note, It was I who posted the Turisas.  Song was named Battle Metal.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
DragonForce!
« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-20 09:45:06 »
You really think the new Album sucks? I absolutely love it, but I guess tastes can differ. I'm jealous though, can't you per accident buy me a ticket to Download too?  :wink:  (As gift for my birthday, which is today)

About that birthday, I turned 19 today and I came to the conclusion that 19, just like 17, is a non-age. Why?

16: Allowed to drink (< 18% alcohol) and smoke
17: Allowed to practice driving in a simulator...
18: Allowed to drive and drink everything
19: .......................
20:Allowed to at least think you are old and wise now...

Ah well, maybe I shouldn't be complaining  :wink: