Author Topic: Google Maps and flying saucers, part II (FAO Jedimark)  (Read 7916 times)

Sad Jari

I was playing around with... well, Google Earth really, but since you can handily link to Maps, I'll use it for this.

I found that there's a something interesting parked in the airbase nearby.

Exhibit A. In the lower right corner you'll see end of the Tikkakoski airfield's runway (which serves a dual purpose; it's military airfield as well as civilian) and in the upper left corner you'll see a round object, a flying saucer that has landed on the field. Ok, maybe not in the corner, the stupid zoom-thing seems to go all wrong in links (it's showing lot more than I meant). Just look to the northwest from the end of the runway.

Exhibit B shows the saucer in more detail. It's quite large; more than 150 meters across. A small mothership, perhaps?

It seems to be inside the base, there's something that looks like a shooting range visible in exhibit B. Still, it should be possible to visit it, the roads north of the airfield don't have gates on them... or at least the one I drove few years ago didn't have any. Maybe I should go and take a look at it...

PS. For some reason Google Maps screws up the zoom when you link to them.  :-?

Jedimark

• View Profile
Google Maps and flying saucers, part II (FAO Jedimark)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-26 05:30:42 »
removed
« Last Edit: 2012-06-17 12:52:19 by Jedimark »

Sad Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-26 22:02:36 »
Quote from: Jedimark
Heheheh, whenever there’s a “funny” shaped object it’s always aliens isn’t it!!

Of course! It's the aliens, after all! :P

Quote from: Jedimark
Here’s one of the conspiracy theories from where I work:
“In another super bunker under the Fort Halstead complex in Sevenoaks, Kent, there is rumoured to be work being carried out on genetics and alien technology. The alien technology claim was made by somebody anonymous who phoned a TV live phone in an said that there were UFO's stored there.”

Awwww. :)

Sounds almost like something Bob Lazar would do. ... ... Damn, Bob has his own website these days. Or someone has, copyright seems to belong to "JFI INC", whatever that is.

Anyway, if you are not familiar with the Area 51 folklore, Bob Lazar made it so popular when he claimed on TV to have worked with alien technology there. :P

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-28 10:56:23 »
Went to see War of the Worlds at the weekend with my girlfriend... now THIS is an alien:

8)

Sad Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-29 13:46:57 »
That's not an alien, that's a big ass fly that has somehow misplaced its wings. :P

Nice pics, btw. :)

GK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-29 19:44:53 »
There's a road leading to the "saucer"...  And it looks like there's a fence around it.

I'm pretty sure that's just a radar dish embedded in the ground, heh.

Sad Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-29 20:19:55 »
Oh noes! They have driven over the saucer! Bad people, no respect for alien property. :P

Yeah, I noticed the road and how the tracks seem to continue, and yes - I think that there's a fence around it.

I have no idea what it is, though. I've seen one of the radars our defense forces use up close and personal, it's quite small and doesn't require free space around it. So, I don't think that this one is like that one, at least.

Maybe I should really go take a look. I think that I'm solid enough snake to sneak close enough. :D

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-30 10:18:14 »
Quote from: Sad Jari

Maybe I should really go take a look. I think that I'm solid enough snake to sneak close enough. :D

Beware of the Martian "heat ray".

Jedimark

• View Profile
Re: Google Maps and flying saucers, part II (FAO Jedimark)
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-09 17:58:18 »
Didn't want to make a new topic...

Jari: Have you seen Monacos Eurovision entry:
http://media.t-online.de/music/F/wm/24_EBU_VideoFW10000073333.asx

:-D

Sad Jari

Re: Google Maps and flying saucers, part II (FAO Jedimark)
« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-09 19:04:56 »
Not yet and this 28.8K is bit slow, I have to check it later.

I assume that it's either good or "good", since you mentioned it? :-D

EDIT: Saw it. I suppose that I'm not entirely wrong, if I assume that her looks played some part in the selection process. :P

Cute. Almost Alizee-cute. :D
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09 23:20:18 by Sad Jari »