Author Topic: Yet Another Movie Enhancement Topic  (Read 5676 times)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Yet Another Movie Enhancement Topic
« on: 2006-05-14 18:42:55 »
Well I did a forum search and I hadn't seen this posted prior.  I was having difficulty putting the PS3 Tech Demo as my "opening.avi."  I would always get those two soldiers floating in mid-air and the music would begin to play prematurely.  I noticed my PS1 movie I had converted before had a set frame rate of 15fps.  It was a quick fix with VirtualDub.

First select Video=>Frame Rate...

Next go down to the Frame Rate Conversion, select "Convert to fps:" and put 15.0 in the text box. (If you used the Source Rate Adjust that will screw up the video audio syncing)

Select Video=>Color Depth...
Change to 16bit

Don't forget to resize any .avi file to 320x224, easy to do with the appropriately named "resize" filter.

I used the .mov file from ign.com.  You can also remove the ign icon.  I used the "logo (1.7b2)" filter by Donald Graft.  I just made a black .bmp to cover it up.

Finally, I did some miscellaneous tweaking like post-processing and sharpen filters.

One advantage I found was that the new video could be as long as I wanted.  My new intro is only 1min 30sec, while the original was 1min 59sec and there wasn't any problems.

Unfortunately I couldn't remove the "tech demo for ps3" logo yet.  Thinking of just overlapping it with a different logo.  How does "Ultimate Qhimm Edition" sound?  :-)

If this has already been covered than sorry, just figured this could be useful to someone out there.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-14 22:49:07 by Otokoshi »

Sad Jari

Re: Yet Another Movie Enhancement Topic
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-14 23:21:03 »
I used the .mov file from ign.com.  You can also remove the ign icon.  I used the "logo (1.7b2)" filter by Donald Graft.  I just made a black .bmp to cover it up.
Unfortunately I couldn't remove the "tech demo for ps3" logo yet.  Thinking of just overlapping it with a different logo.  How does "Ultimate Qhimm Edition" sound?  :-)
Have you tried different logo removal filters? It's been ages since I've touched VirtualDub, but I recall there being a huge pile of them. Some work better than others, I suppose.

Like DeLogo, for example.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-14 23:40:58 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
Like DeLogo, for example.
You know I do have that filter, I just did not have great luck with it.  Probably my fault, I'm just getting into VirtualDub.  I used Adobe Premiere for ages.  I'll give DeLogo another shot, thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT:
And thanks for this great tutorial!
« Last Edit: 2006-05-14 23:48:23 by Otokoshi »

Sad Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-14 23:57:00 »
Well, I wouldn't know about your fault - I have no recollection if it was any good. :-D Just remembered that I think I used it once upon a time. :P

If you are getting into VirtualDub more seriously, it might be worth your while to check AviSynth as well. It's not exactly the easiest or most comfortable thing to use, but it is very powerful. And very fast, especially since you can often minimize color space conversions with AviSynth filters. Whether you'll ever need it... probably depends on how much and often you use VirtualDub. If you work with long videos and need to do several things to them, the speed advantage might become rather large.

Few more logo removal filters here. That reminds me, if you are not familiar with Doom9 and their guides and forums... you should get familiar. :) The amount of information there is pretty amazing.

FierZer

« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-05 04:46:11 »
If you plan with continued videos and charge to do several things to them, the acceleration advantage ability become rather large.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-05 05:02:07 »
If you plan with continued videos and charge to do several things to them, the acceleration advantage ability become rather large.

uh oh... u necro'd this thread...  :-o

EDIT: wow, i didnt bother seeing that link at the bottom of his post, thanx for the heads up obesebear!
« Last Edit: 2009-08-05 05:36:06 by drfeelgud88 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-05 05:04:57 »

uh oh... u necro'd this thread...  :-o
It's a bot :facepalm: 

I'm not sure why I even replied to this... not like I'm helping the situation.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-05 07:58:27 »
You aren't