Poll

Of the 3 big new gaming consoles, which are you planning on getting?

Nintendo Wii
9 (64.3%)
Xbox 360
0 (0%)
Playstation 3
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Next-Gen Gaming Consoles  (Read 3527 times)

MagiMaster

• View Profile
Next-Gen Gaming Consoles
« on: 2006-06-06 20:54:29 »
As I was reading the Nintendo Wii topic, I read about polls saying that the Wii was somewhere around 50% popularity among polls, however polls are never accurate.
That is true, but just as a curiosity, I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I'm not allowing multiple votes because of the no0bs who will put all three regardless :roll:, so if you're getting more than one vote for the one you're most excited about and post that you're getting some other console in addition.

Me?  Well, I've always been a die-hard Nintenboy, but I must admit that I was *SORELY* disappointed in the game selection for the GCN.  However, the Wii looks more promising, so that's what I'm getting.

sfx1999

• View Profile
Re: Next-Gen Gaming Consoles
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-06 21:20:24 »
I am waiting to see which one I like the best, but I might just upgrade my computer instead. I have other things I want to buy.

Even then, I'd wait for them to get past revision A before I buy one.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-06 23:05:55 »
definitely the wii

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-07 02:04:01 »
The wii will probably be most likely to survive the wear and tear that goes along with life in my house, due to Nintendo's reputation for quality materials and building. Not only that, but it'll be the cheapest. Those are the biggest deciding factors for me.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-07 10:33:39 »
Due to Nintendo's reputation for quality materials and building. Not only that, but it'll be the cheapest. Those are the biggest deciding factors for me.

Hmm, they still have that reputation, yes. I do think it got bashed quite a bit with the Gamecube though. I've got one, and well, it's okay. I think it's fair to say that the Gamecube is the least of the last-gen consoles. It didn't have the graphic power of the Xbox, nor the line-up of the PS2. And, more importantly, it lacked the reason why Nintendo does not have to make a super-graphics console: names. Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. Sure, there were some, but not that many. And when we look at the third party games for the Cube, there are in comparison to both the Xbox and the PS2, "few".

Nintendo has, IMHO, not lost it's touch and credibility though since they have always tried to "make the best" out of the Cube, even though it wasn't that big of a succes. (In Japan it was.) And the few titles which were there were absolutely great: "The Wind-Waker", "Metroid Prima 1&2".

So, a Wii it is for me as well. And I've got good faith in Nintendo.