Author Topic: FFVII - AC Questions  (Read 7688 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
FFVII - AC Questions
« on: 2008-05-01 10:01:07 »
Ok, first off, just a few questions.
1.  When in the entire film, does anyone refer to the city around Midgar, as Edge?
2.  Why has Cloud put the Buster Sword in the place he has? (Something to do with Zack, don't know what)
3.  Where did Denzel come from so randomly?
4.  Why is Cait Sith in it?  No one likes him :-)

Answers to any of these questions would be appreciated :-D

Silver Wings

• View Profile
Re: FFVII - AC Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-01 10:38:19 »
1. I just remember that it was referred by the film-making staff :-D
2. That is the place where Zack was dead, Cloud put the sword there because he wanted to give it back to its owner. Actually, Angeal was the original owner ^^
3. I dont remember correctly, Denzel's parents were dead so he lives with Tifa and Marlene
4. Whatever ^^

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-01 16:48:09 »
1. In the "Case of _____" novellas they state that the city Cloud and Tifa are living in is Edge.  I want to think during the movie there is a sign that says it is Edge too.

2. It's a gravestone marker for where Zack died.

3. Denzel comes from the "Case of Denzel" and "Case of Tifa" novellas.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-01 17:03:39 »
Okay thanks for the answers, I'm now happy to watch it again, knowing the answers to these questions :-)

Just out of curiosity though, I thought Zack died inside the reactor in Nibelheimm, and that Cloud took the Buster Sword and stabbed Sephy.
Sorry if I'm totally off, just it's been a little while since I last played it.

peteey07

• Never give up, never back down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-17 13:18:44 »
It is true that Zack is stabbed in the reactor, you aren't wrong about that.
All i know is that, There is something (don't quite remember what) in the Nibelheim Mansions basement that triggers a flashback, and all i remember of it is Zack and Clouds truck trip, how they got ambushed, and Zacks death, and Cloud grabbing Zacks buster sword, and doing that funny little lego-block hand wave in the air out of frustration.
The area where it happens sort of resembles that cliff edge so i think that fills in that gap.
However from when Zack gets stabbed in the reactor to the flashback,
I have no idea what happens between those two points.
I'll look into it for you, I'm currently in the middle of a Disc 2 save file.
EDIT:
Okay, i had a look at it. It seems that after the reactor incident, both Cloud and Zack are being kept/preserved in those funny looking tanks in the mansion basement.
They could be gettin tested on or something. During their mealtime Zack assaults the lab assistant and gets himself and Cloud out of there.
Then theres the truck scene, which is pretty much Zack ranting on about what he's gonna do when he gets to midgar, totally irrelevant.
Finally, We see Zack dragging Cloud along a cliffside. All of a sudden, Zack gets distracted, runs offscreen for a second, then runs back on, and is opened fire on by something unknown. Three Shinra soldiers show up, and Even though Zack probably already got no chance, the meanies just feed him an extra few bullets anyway. =]
They leave, Cloud crawls over, grabs his buster sword, and does the lego block frustration wave i mentioned, followed by the screen trailing off to the view over the cliff, Midgar. (this is also apparently the ending to Crisis Core)
So there ya have it.  =]
Zack gets stabbed, preserved, makes an exodus, and gets shot. The End. :)
« Last Edit: 2008-05-17 13:50:03 by peteey07 »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-05-17 13:45:29 »
Okay thanks. :-D
I just thought it a little confusing that Zack got stabbed inside the reactor, but he died on the cliff edge...

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-05-18 06:35:18 »
And a very touching scene that one was. That is, if you've played Crisis Core. That FMV is so very touching to me that I feel so obligated to get back to this forum which I have left for roughly half a year. Funny thing is, Cloud didn't bury Zack!? So, what happened to the body? Hahahahaa.... Anyway, the secret ending after the credit roll makes people believe that FF7 remake for PS3 is well on the way.

peteey07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-05-19 11:27:41 »
believe that FF7 remake for PS3 is well on the way.
Sheez, let's hope so!
I know a lot of people didn't quite like the Real-Time engine of FF12, but i can picture that in FF7. Heheh, Cloud jumping out of the train and red target lines coming at him from the two guards. I have it completely pictured.
Anyways, back to the topic.
I haven't played Crisis Corse yet, I live in AUS and the darn game ain't coming out until June or something >=[
Either way i can't wait to play it.

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-09 17:33:51 »
Posted by: peteey07
I haven't played Crisis Core yet, I live in AUS and the darn game ain't coming out until June or something >=[
Either way i can't wait to play it.

you really should man. Hey, we're neighbors! I'm from Indonesia! I've played the game, and I must say, it really is a great prequel for our favorite game, FF7.
Hey, why don't you try and buy it from playasia? Let me give you the link here:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-bjzo-71-b9-77-1-49-en-15-crisis+core-84-j-70-28wt-43-7o.html

It has a free delivery service which should reach your address in 5-10 days.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-01 18:43:25 »
So are those novelas sold in most stores? Because in Dirge of Cerberus some of the levels are referred to as Edge. And I was still wondering if that was Midgar too. That and i would like to read the books if they got them.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-07-02 00:45:09 »
The novellas are only included with the limited edition japanese version of Advent Children (entitled Advent Pieces I think).  So they are only in Japanese.  However a year ago I found a site www.adventchildren.net that had the translations of "Case of Denzel", "Case of Tifa", and "The Maiden Who Travels the Planet".

If you want the "Case of Barret" novella you can get it through the Advent Children version with the red cover (sold in the U.S.), but of course you can probably find it online as well if you search hard enough.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-07-12 06:36:39 »
* Some form of a spoiler ahead!

Okay, Edge is a city that is built between Sectors 6 and 8. The Shinra destroy Sector Seven, and After the end of FF7, a new city is built where Sector 7 used to be, and branches out farther, rather than just only connecting the 2 sector ruins.
I read this at ff7citadel.com, and they had a rough translation of the novellas.

Denzel wanted to work for the WRO at the age of ten, and he consulted Reeve about it. A creepo-stalker dude who was in love with Tifa opened up a shop named Jimmy's Heaven(or something to that affect) in Edge, after the events in the original game. So he tells the story of this encounter at his bar( between Reeve and Denzel), and about Denzel's rough life.

I think that Case of Tifa explains the rest, but I don't know, I havent read it yet.

peteey07

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-07-17 15:19:11 »

you really should man. Hey, we're neighbors! I'm from Indonesia! I've played the game, and I must say, it really is a great prequel for our favorite game, FF7.
Hey, why don't you try and buy it from playasia? Let me give you the link here:

Hey dude, Thanks!
Sorry about the really late reply, i don't come on here very often. I'll be sure to check it out ;)
(Sorry if I'm reviving an ancient post, forgot to check dates :S )
EDIT: Oh wait, its July.
 LOL
It's already out here xP
Sorry it's like 2 in the morning here and I'm not thinking straight x)
« Last Edit: 2008-07-17 15:20:53 by peteey07 »