Author Topic: New Project: Bombing Mission!  (Read 524721 times)

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
Re: New Project: Bombing Mission!
« Reply #75 on: 2010-04-29 03:51:20 »
1st inside reactor scene (nmkin_1)

Wow! I can't even imagine how long it must have taken to get that far! Looks awesome!!

holy cats!

...Cats?

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010-04-29 06:36:00 »
Very impressive!

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #77 on: 2010-04-29 07:01:06 »
Just wow. That field scene looks freaking awesome.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010-04-29 08:38:03 »
I guess i started it on the 18th. Few hours here and there. Maybe 20-25 hours total to finish it. There are a few finishing touches to do still though.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #79 on: 2010-04-29 09:56:44 »
how long have you been modeling again?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-04-29 10:13:08 »
Couple months

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010-04-29 10:35:01 »
Please someone can tell me which files are to edit MONO DRIVE?

It is only to see how I can edit it and learn how. What program do you use?

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
« Reply #82 on: 2010-04-29 13:57:05 »
what software are you using for modelling sl? I just get the feeling I might be able to progress quicker with a proper dedicated program. Also I don't really feel my background is up to the same standard as yours and one I've seen from SpooX. Might not matter once they are textured but it might be a bit jarring in-game if the models are not of the same quality

EDIT - I just remembered I've asked you that before, just checked back and it's Maya right? I'm looking into that now, see if I can get anywhere with it
« Last Edit: 2010-04-29 14:09:53 by djkoopa »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #83 on: 2010-04-29 14:59:27 »
I just get the feeling I might be able to progress quicker with a proper dedicated program.
I was actually about to say that, You've done far more than you needed to in sketchup, really - All you need, pretty much, are outlines for reference, then you can take it into whatever program and use the advanced features it probably has to offer.
Other programs you might want to look into are 3DSmax and Blender. I've heard Maya is pretty easy to use though - It doesn't really matter what to use. Blender is the only freeware program, but IMO, it's really hard to get used to.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-04-29 15:13:25 »
It's such a shame all this effort is going into a game utilizing only one set of renders.

I don't know the details of how this engine works but before you enter the reactor there is a fmv that changes the camera angle on Cloud's field model before he runs in.  Does anyone know of any logistically feasible way to mess with the camera angle purely relative to the field models.  If it was someone could write a program to have these field skeletons move with the camera.  This would be no small project considering you need a program that can render these skeletons real time but that would honestly be one of the coolest mods breaking limits of what the first modders of FFVII could have even imagined.  Sorry I know this doesn't belong here and isn't part of the project goals.

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
« Reply #85 on: 2010-04-29 15:23:16 »
Other programs you might want to look into are 3DSmax and Blender. I've heard Maya is pretty easy to use though - It doesn't really matter what to use. Blender is the only freeware program, but IMO, it's really hard to get used to.

thanks for the info NCS, I'll have a look at those programs. I'll probably give Maya a go first seen as you say it's probably simpler to use. Plus if sl can make models like that with just a couple of months experience I'm sure I can too  ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-29 15:25:45 by djkoopa »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010-04-29 15:28:43 »
It's such a shame all this effort is going into a game utilizing only one set of renders.

I don't know the details of how this engine works but before you enter the reactor there is a fmv that changes the camera angle on Cloud's field model before he runs in.  Does anyone know of any logistically feasible way to mess with the camera angle purely relative to the field models.  If it was someone could write a program to have these field skeletons move with the camera.  This would be no small project considering you need a program that can render these skeletons real time but that would honestly be one of the coolest mods breaking limits of what the first modders of FFVII could have even imagined.  Sorry I know this doesn't belong here and isn't part of the project goals.

You're making it seem a lot more complicated than it is. That scene for example, when the camera pans behind cloud, and looks up to the reactor, is really just that. Once the scene is made, I'd keyframe the game position, the aerial view of the trainstation. keyframe the angle when it goes behind cloud, and another when the camera rotates up and looks up. Maya (or nething else) does the rest, though I can mess with IPO curves to smoothen the movements. No need for skeletons or anything. The scene should generally remain static, with the camera moving.

Please someone can tell me which files are to edit MONO DRIVE?

It is only to see how I can edit it and learn how. What program do you use?

Mono drive's file is ASAA enjoy! Should i put you as having reserved it? or you just playing with it?
« Last Edit: 2010-04-29 15:37:41 by Timu Sumisu »

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010-04-29 15:57:20 »
So far just playing with it. ;)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010-04-29 17:57:26 »
Taking dibs on nmkin_5.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010-05-03 18:02:27 »
Since the enthusiasm for this project seems to have died off a bit lately i offer a little pick me up.

nmkin_5!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010-05-03 18:51:20 »
Very nice. I'd say if yer bored and not yet starting on a scene, add the floor tiles to the previous reactor scene. ^^

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010-05-03 20:10:04 »
Huh. I was going to comment that I would expect the space between those tiles to be bridged with some metal at the same height (as in every school I've been in, for instance), but it does look like there's an actual indent. Also, adding a bit more detail to the machinery in the octagonal room might be worth it.

On another note, wish I could help on this. Certainly I've gotten good enough at sketchup to use it as far as I would for mnkin2, and I could easily detail in zBrush, but that's the problem - it would be unrealistic for me to attempt to do much more than detail a nearly finished "base mesh" in zBrush for a project like this. So I'm learning 3Ds Max for what's essentially the most important part, but I know how slow I am to pick up on these sorts of things, even if I were to just use Maya instead.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-03 20:55:38 by ScottMcTony »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010-05-03 20:17:22 »
whats wrong with detailing the basemesh in zbrush?
 thats what zbrush is for :P

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010-05-03 20:55:26 »
I couldn't really get the geometry as finished as I'd like to in sketchup in order to have little enough left to do in zBrush without being a lot better with it. So my planned order of programs is now sketchup -> 3DsMax -> zBrush -> Max.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-05-03 21:27:08 »
Amazing job SL!!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010-05-04 00:25:06 »
Amazing job SL!!

Well what do you expect he lived up to the title "Leader" of Team Avalanche!! ;D

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010-05-04 04:01:23 »
Soooo good :D
Who's gonna be texturing these?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010-05-04 05:20:34 »
Soooo good :D
Who's gonna be texturing these?

Likely me and millenia, xenobond might do some. I'll get down on it once i figure out the hypershade in maya :P

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010-05-04 06:11:19 »
Look a bit better when ambient occlusion is added in

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010-05-04 06:39:25 »
Look a bit better when ambient occlusion is added in

SL the modeler has leveled up, and learned Ambient Occlusion Render!