Author Topic: I purchased a Seagate GoFlex Drive with a hard drive size of 931 Gigabytes...  (Read 4437 times)

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
I, ajthedj747, purchased back in February 2012 a Seagate GoFlex Drive with a hard drive size of 931 Gigabytes. Why? That is because Final Fantasy VII Mods are huge in file size. My battle.lgp file alone is 2.08 Gigabytes. I would like to know how big other users' files are for their hard drives. I shall wait patiently for a response.

Oh, and I chose the Ultima Sword from Dissidia for Cloud Strife as my avatar because it is so awesome a sword.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Hi ajthedj747,

which tool did you use normally ?

Don't use Highwind / LGPTools anymore !

=> Wiki: FF7 / Technical / Customising
      Highwind : LGP extractor and insertor. Replaced by LGP/unLGP.
      LGPTools : Extracts and packs LGP archives with a GUI. Replaced by LGP/unLGP.

Do you know these topics :

You should rebuild your battle.lgp file.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24 15:45:37 by UGerstl »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
That is because Final Fantasy VII Mods are huge in file size. My battle.lgp file alone is 2.08 Gigabytes. I would like to know how big other users' files are for their hard drives.
WTH!! my battle.lgp (bootlegged) is only 150mb along with char.lgp etc i think i know why yours is huge maybe because you downloaded the battle scenes for .lgp instead? are you using bootleg? if so i recommend you choose the png version and untick the .lgp versions as this is only for people with really old  comps like Windows 98, png scenes alone is like 500mb but damn man 2gb! :-o
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24 16:12:39 by e1sunz »

obesebear

• View Profile
My battle.lgp file alone is 2.08 Gigabytes.
Then you're doing it wrong. There's absolutely no way it should be over 750 Mb in the MOST EXTREME cases.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24 17:09:02 by Obesebear »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your input.  ;) I am doing the tutorial from

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9924.0

by DarkFang.

I shall let you know how it goes...

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
why dont people use lgp tools anymore ive never had a problem with it.
your files should not be anywhere near that size i think my ff7 folder all together is just over 2 gb with mods installed

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
why dont people use lgp tools anymore ive never had a problem with it.

lgp tools works fine for most lgps. However it cannot extract the magic.lgp into its proper folder structure or rebuild a good magic.lgp. Just use it to extract and recompile your magic.lgp and give it a try. Tons of animations are broken and the game will freeze. Aali's lgp\unlgp also fixes other issues that lgp tools has with the other lgp files as well. So since lgp\unlgp is superior to lgp tools it should be the only tool you use.

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
lgp tools works fine for most lgps. However it cannot extract the magic.lgp into its proper folder structure or rebuild a good magic.lgp. Just use it to extract and recompile your magic.lgp and give it a try. Tons of animations are broken and the game will freeze. Aali's lgp\unlgp also fixes other issues that lgp tools has with the other lgp files as well. So since lgp\unlgp is superior to lgp tools it should be the only tool you use.
that would explain it i havent mess with my magic.lgp yet cheers for the heads up